It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowners fend off bailiffs, aided by POLICE! WOW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Check out this video guys!

These guys successfully fend of bailiffs trying to repossess their house for the banks.

I can't believe the thuggish nature of these guys, my god, even the locksmith has no heart. You can just tell....

www.youtube.com...

So this paper work is basically illegal to enforce using force and people are within their rights to resist. How many people are intimidated out of their homes by thugs like this? It's a crime... A scam.

Credits to the police where it's due here
it could easily have gone the other way.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just to let you know the locksmith wasn't a locksmith at all, he identifies himself in the video as an agent of RBS ( Royal Bank of Scotland) and goes on to boast how he has 3 houses in Spain! He was just lying to try and gain entry.

Great video and what a fantastic police sargent, shame he didn't arrests the bailiff at the end.

S & F
edit on 15-2-2013 by bluloa because: Extra info

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

I did hear that in the vid but I wasn't sure he was telling the truth, maybe he was being sarcastic and is contracted by RBS, and so knowing nothing about the legal side of things, that's what he called himself? Who knows?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Wish we had such civic minded police in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Let me assure you, it's only because this guy read the law out to the police. The police will usaully tell you not to obstruct them because they have the court order.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
this is why i stick with private rent and do my best to maintain a good relationship with my landlords( hell they like me that much, they dont even do inspections anymore :p) good on him for staying so calm, i probably would've ended up stabbing them. i hope more people start sticking up for themselves like this
edit on 15-2-2013 by ShaithisFerenczy because: typo

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

In the U.S the police don't want to hear the law read to them.It would have only pi$$ed them off ,the poor guy that was citing it would have been tased, and they would have stepped over him.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That has always been the way unfortunately - the police have alwasy accompanied the bailiffs once a repossession order has been approved.

I hate bailiffs - especially the ones that come after you for a £25 parking tickets from various London councils that miraculously become £475 after their charges !! They are the scum of the earth.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaithisFerenczy

i hope more people start doing sticking up for themselves like this

I'm sure they will once they know how, which is the purpose of this thread.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Wonderful.

Another person in debt looking to shirk his responsibilities.

More in a response to this video in this post in another thread.

Why is financial irresponsibility being applauded?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Your proberly right! But I think this guy and the police handled it excellently in this instance.

+47 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Are you following me? Lol just kidding.

They are standing their ground well within the law, the thuggish behaviour of the bailiffs outside of the law is the point here Thankyou very much, please do not try to derail my thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

I sopose there is a need for them in some instances, for example someone might own three or four homes and be a bit silly with his responsibilities, but to take peoples homes! The four walls they live in..., and like you say, to charge extortionate fees just for letter printed out and 10min visits ect.

Those guys in the vid are scum...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So this video happened May of last year and the family was eventually evicted.

The video was back in May 2012, and due to the major embarrassment we caused the court, they came back for a 2nd eviction some time later, which again we attended. Unfortunately, this time they brought the heavies; High Court Enforcement Officers, who are unabashed fascists. The Police were ordered to stand down, and Sgt Mo, had been ordered not to attend. The bailiffs used excessive violence to secure entry. But however, due to the video evidence, we have the grounds to prosecute and sue them for their tyrannical actions. The Bird family's struggle against the bank continues, as we prepare for the next round of action against the bank. The only time you truly lose your home is when you GIVE UP.

That was in the Youtube description.....

Not seeing how this is a win. And the website linked off from youtube advocates baiting these people into violence/force. Really not seeing any win-win there, some one could get seriously injured.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

S &F!!!!

Just finished watching the whole video and have to say....Great job on the part of the homeowner and police!

I couldn't believe those a holes still tried to trespass even with the police still there!

As the OP stated....the baliff and locksmith simply have no heart or compassion.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In America, the police just take what they want.
If you resist, you're beaten into submission and hospitalized.

Then you have to choose to either sue the police, fight for your house in court, or pay your hospital bills. Most people can't afford even 1 of those choices, because they couldn't afford to pay their own mortgage.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Give over will you! I never said it was a win, is your back up due to OPPT thread too? Spidy scences a tingling

Edit; I thought your post was aimed at me. Just realised its a general comment. Sorry if that was bit sharp

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If I was this guy and they came for the home, i'd let them have it.. But not before every valuable item had been taken out, water heaters, ceiling fans, sinks, tubs, i'd get the electrical wire for the copper, toilets, air conditioner, copper pipping, and then when I was done and leaving I'd take the door knobs and deadbolts.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well they didn't own the home for long and got the boot in the end. I'd say justice served.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Wow, get yourself some bricks, timber and tiles and you got a house lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join