It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hole in Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Wow! This is a very interesting thread. I hope someone finds a true explaination.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Very nice find,these types of blurs/anomilies on google maps etc.. all ways interestst me.
I personally think it has to be something military to have it blurred/blocked out on all those different images.

Russian AREA 51 ??

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk

Originally posted by kimish
It's the Russian area 51

Actually, I don't think so. If you look at the topo maps and the satellite maps of the surrounding terrain the area is totally not condusive to any type of building. There are rivers and water everywhere, the terrain is arctic trundra, any civil engineering works there would be near impossible. Even traveling in the area would be next to impossible. You'd need some kind of a semi-amphibious tracked vehicle...which floated, to even get around. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a flat section of ground for a hundred miles in any direction, not to mention the fact that there are no roads, no rail lines, no power lines, literally no infrastructure at all leading into, or out of, this location.

The remoteness is a double edged sword really though isn't it OP?

Perfect for an isolated research facility, away from prying eyes.

Access wouldn't be a problem for their heavy lift helicopters, and boats look as though they could be driven right up to the 'front door' if there's a UG facility among those mountains and hills.

Perhaps not exotic airframe testing, but could easily be a biological or weapons research facility of some kind under that lot.

I'd recommend closely scrutinising the surrounding areas...if you find anything that looks like SAM sites among the peaks and troughs, you'll have your answer why the area is obscured.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
What are those white haze like things above it (to the north)

Clouds?
Or
Smoke? It looks like smoke emerging from the black out area.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

but on every available satellite known to man (American, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and even Israeli)?
If indeed this area is blacked out on all satellite imagery, as you claim, it would actually be a mystery worthy of some investigation. But as it stands, you only have an image from google earth.. Can you produce images from other sources that are also blacked out please?

Just did a little check.. All the maps linked from other sources use the google earth original..

edit on 14-2-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

According to wikipedia its a resource rich province, with reserves of gold, tungsten, and natural gas.

My guess is that there is a huge military/industrial/alien project going on.

I dont understand why they couldnt just patch up the data on google maps, and make the area look like it would if there was nothing going on there....would make it a lot less suspicious, eh?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I dont understand why they couldnt just patch up the data on google maps, and make the area look like it would if there was nothing going on there....
Keep going, you're on the verge of reaching a logical conclusion

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My too guesses are this.....anti missile defense system or nukes...being so close to alaska I could see it being something military like.

Or being so close to a silver gold mine I could see it being something like that. In Tom Clancy's book "The Bear and the Dragon" I seem to recall the NSA listening for key words involving oil/gold/silver etc...and them picking up that Russia had found the mother load and was keeping it quiet. I could see that really happening. Protecting resources and keeping them hidden.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Entrance to Hades? No joke. Ever heard of that recording of Russians drilling down to hear the tectonic plates?
They heard millions of screaming people.

That has been proven a hoax so many times...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk

Originally posted by kimish
It's the Russian area 51

Actually, I don't think so. If you look at the topo maps and the satellite maps of the surrounding terrain the area is totally not condusive to any type of building. There are rivers and water everywhere, the terrain is arctic trundra, any civil engineering works there would be near impossible. Even traveling in the area would be next to impossible. You'd need some kind of a semi-amphibious tracked vehicle...which floated, to even get around. Plus, there doesn't appear to be a flat section of ground for a hundred miles in any direction, not to mention the fact that there are no roads, no rail lines, no power lines, literally no infrastructure at all leading into, or out of, this location.

Very true but what about underground? You said there was gold mine close by maybe they could have built tunnels connecting the two? Just an idea, the images remind me of nasa images of the moon and mars. Certain spots C&Ped ect..

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If it were to be some sort of mining operation for gold/silver/tungsten/etc., I really don't think they would be worried about people using public satellite imaging to see what it looks like from top down; us normal people aren't going to look at some random mining operation in the middle of Russia and phone the white house over it. They would be hiding their interests from the governments, which obviously have their own satellites to spy around with and are most likely very aware of what is under the blur. My opinion based off that simple conclusion is that it is a government research site, whether it's nuclear or experimental aircraft, that they just don't want too many citizens peeping down at.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Have you tried GeoFuse? They seem to have an unblurred image--but I haven't studied the area as much as you have, so there might have been edits that aren't apparent to me.

GeoFuse link
edit on 13-2-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: url tag

Click the square button next to the Ikonos-2 listing in the search results, then make sure terrain is turned on in the map viewer.
edit on 13-2-2013 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

Good find. That is definitely the area. Very similar image to what I was able to find with my "image 2" in the OP. There doesn't appear to be anything altered (or missing) in the image you found. There also doesn't appear to be anything in particular going on there either.

The mystery deepens.

Looks like the image you've located is circa Mar 2012 if the collection date is correct. Interesting!

At the end of the day it could just be nothing, but I'm not there yet. That so many satellites could have anomalies at this exact same location, and seemingly only this location, is very suspect to me.

On a side note, I have a colleague whom I work with who is a retired USAF offficer. His wife is also a retired USAF Major. During her service she was a Russian linguist who flew RC-135 intelligence missions near this region in the 80's and early 90's. I asked him if he could check with his wife and see if she knew anything. He doubted she'd say anything, but said he would ask.

Well, he did check with her, and while she could say absolutely nothing about the nature of any of the missions she was involved in, she did say this; she said she was aware of the location, but was not aware of any points of interest to the US military at those coordinates. As I suspected, she said there were some areas further north and south, as well as much further inland, which were of extreme interest, but nothing in particular at this location. Of course she also qualified her statements with the fact that just because she didn't know of anything didn't mean that someone else might not have, and further that her information was dated to when she was in the service.

Another dead end.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

You miss read what I wrote that dude I was quoting said there was a gold and silver mine like 20 miles away from where the spot was C&Ped . You can clearly see the mine but not the area we're talking about.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

do you think the patch is just a distraction&diversion?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well you have two choices..... 1. Field Trip or 2. Ask someone to RV it for you but then your going on what the RVer tells you not seeing it in person..... Myself being remote Russia and all I'd rely on RVing because if it is a militarily sensitive area you might not make the return journey

P.S I could RV the site but then I might be offered strange tea in a German hotel room

edit on 14-2-2013 by DreamerOracle because: SORRY IF THERE'S ANY ERRORS KINDLE FIRES PREDICTIVE TEXT IS JUST DAMN RUDE ....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Brilliant threat OP, thanks for sharing this info. I had absolutely no idea about this place.

Who knows what it could be? Possibly a severe geomagnetic anomaly there so satellites cannot get a fix? The possibilities are endless.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Bing Maps bird's eye view is not blacked out, but it is very low resolution:

Bing Maps

Which is pretty worthless.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

Or being so close to a silver gold mine I could see it being something like that. In Tom Clancy's book "The Bear and the Dragon" I seem to recall the NSA listening for key words involving oil/gold/silver etc...and them picking up that Russia had found the mother load and was keeping it quiet. I could see that really happening. Protecting resources and keeping them hidden.

If there truly is something to this whole mystery, I am inclined to think it may be something along these lines. The area is indeed very mineral rich. This is a known fact. If they've found a resource which has the potential to de-stabilize the world economy it would be in the best interests of many countries to not allow this discovery to be known, hence the blackout on numerous satellites from different countries.

Putting my tinfoil hat on for just a second, the story might go something like this...(hypothetically and exaggerated for emphasis) Russia discovers what amounts to a Mt. Everest of solid gold. If the gold were ever to make it to the economic markets entire empires would crumble overnight with the value of gold tumbling to near zero. Consequently, other countries like the US and China train their nuclear weapons on this location with the threat that if the Russians ever so much as even touch it they'll make it radioactive for 25,000 years.

Now if that isn't a good conspiracy theory, I don't know what is! (taking tinfoil hat off now).

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Quick search found this on wiki...

Wiki Sites

Scroll down to Russia:

Possibly a Russian ICBM Complex, near town Egvekinot, Russia, officially claimed as gold-mining facility Kanchalano-Amguemskaya Square There is a private 1.35 km north-south runway being concealed here according to Russianairbases.com.[citation needed] Bing Maps displays a duplicate spliced image of an area to the southeast. Every satellite from Geohack have been blurred out also, even American satellites.

Click on the coordinates link there and it will take you to another page with a lot of different satellite images as well as tell you who it is powered by. I did not look through all of them but would guess they will all have it blurred.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This is the best idea offered yet. Very plausible because there must obviously be some sort of cover up among all nations with satellite technology if they all have the area blurred out in their imagery. Some have suggested that the Russians don't want others to see it, but that can't be the case if it's blurred on all satellite imagery. It's either Flyingclaydisk's theory, or it's an ancient alien mine

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join