It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 2013 State of the Union Address

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm just watching it now, so I don't have any comments yet.

What are your thoughts?

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I loved his part on energy and oil and naural gas.Sarcasm. What he should of said, is we have an energy source that can power the entire earth for 4000 years. But you cant make money with an energy system like that. And im talking geothermal energy. Which there is over 2,000 zeta jules of power, which we can harness RIGHT NOW, that constantly renews itself and is 100% clean. But theres no profit. Soooooo we have to use oil. And natural gas. So corporate america can continue to make money, because when it comes down to it, we dont care about those who are not billionaires. I mean come on. 1 hour a solar power at high noon, traps enough energy to power the world for 1 year. Wind energy harnessed in only 3 states, could power the entire US for as long as we had wind. But those at the top of the pyramid wouldnt benefit from that. So everything he said in that speech is a straight up lie.
edit on 12-2-2013 by illuminatedobserver because: Forgot the word 'not" between 'are' and 'billionaires'

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Gun Control frenzy rally at 1:08

They deserve a vote! They deserve a vote! chants, frenzy....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What are your thoughts?

It was a bigger "snow job" than the one New England got from Winter Storm Nemo! It will take many years to shovel our way out of Mr. Obama's "snow".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This wanna be dictator contradicts himself all of the time. green energy, no tax increase for the middle class, you can keep your chosen doctor, second amendment, bla, bla, I have a real problem believing he got re-elected. How can so many Americans be that blind and hear what they want when the real traitor to the American dream resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Sad days ahead.......

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

What are your thoughts?

It was a bigger "snow job" than the one New England got from Winter Storm Nemo! It will take many years to shovel our way out of Mr. Obama's "snow".

See ya,
Milt

Woah hold on there Romney, you had your shot and lost.

Edit: Oh, you said Milt.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Don't plan on watching it, I know exactly what he said.
Lies, plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Woah hold on there Romney, you had your shot and lost.

Edit: Oh, you said Milt.

Damn it! Now I have to wipe the Dr. Pepper off of my monitor, and shake it out of my keyboard. LOL

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't want to shoot the TV.
Someone here will get the play by play.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm about 50 minutes into it and so far it's reasonable, and makes sense what needs to be done.

Although I agree with a prior poster that every single source of green energy needs to be pursued including geothermal, which can be accomplished through grant programs like they have in some parts of Canada where the homeowner gets a rebate for putting in a geothermal system.

So far the entire thrust has been on stimulating economic growth, and undergoing the necessary transformation in order for the USA to be competitive in a global economy, and to give everyone or as many as possible equal access to jobs and to a middle class income.

I want to see the US turn the corner, which is good for everyone, and I'm not hung up on some sort of irrational anti-Obama hatred, just evaluating what's being proposed and of course these SOTU Addresses are filled with wish lists, much of which never even gets addressed, but these proposals seem doable and are essential, so they need to be addressed with some urgency in one form or another.

So far so good...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Meh, I have more important things to do than watch the king stand behind the pulpit with that smirk of his espousing his dictatorial agenda while further inflating his ego with all the applause he gets from his henchmen on the hill.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
52 mins - Increase minimum wage to $9 and tie it to cost of living increases.. sounds like the right thing to do, except that it ought to be 10 or even 12/hr. Australia has a good minimum wage system tied to your age, which goes as high as 20/hr.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm Canadian and I think it's so sad that so many Americans cannot open-mindedly and rationally work together and support helpful initiatives because they are barred from doing so born of nothing but biased hatred for their President. It's absurd, and it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
This img.gawkerassets.com...

Please describe, what are we supposed to be looking at. Thanks.

OK it didn't load for me at first, fine, but what's the significance..?

edit on 13-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

link   

Dude, the president is a puppet just like your PM.

link   
I'm embarrassed to be part of a forum that prides itself on quality and the cliché of 'denying ignorance' yet the way some of you reply and discuss the speech it’s like your 10yr old children screaming over nothing.

agree or disagree with a bit of common sense and decency, no one likes constant rambling bs no matter how ineffective he is. Mitt would have been 10x worse, Mccain would have been 100x worse and Bush was the granddaddy of disasters.

I at least will listen to this man with an unbiased and open mind, from the looks of things you all had your white hoods and ropes ready before the speech began!

I'm guessing he talks about green energy idea's? about the nuclear issue with north korea? syria? the economy and improving jobs?

So... shouldnt we be looking for reasons to help and improve? instead of ignoring our real problems and focusing on 'your' hatred for this man?
edit on 13-2-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It's pretty sad..

ATS sucks now imho.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
What are your thoughts?

I heard somewhere way back when, that if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

1hr and 55 minutes of Obama reading a speech he didnt write with his nose in the air... I'll pass every single time. Even if it was confirmed that he would be announcing to the world that we are currently communicating with aliens, I would pass.

If it's that important - I'll hear it eventually. I never get why people watch politicians speak when they know politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth.

(mr. president) State of the Union? --- look outside of your bulletproof windows, through your forest of armed guards when you step out of your mansion... can you see what state our union is currently in yet? and you want 1hr and 55 minutes of my time??

i couldn't stand when bush spoke, it's no different now. and clinton was a truth-teller too huh? am i supposed to believe the 2016 clinton will be a peach?

/disgust

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You want to know how to solve the world's problems? Get rid of government. It's designed to keep us under control and ignorant about the universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join