It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Americans must have Healthy Housing"...so says Obama...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I did a search and did not see this anywhere so if it has been posted...sorry.

Apparently the condition of your home is now a concern of the state as it might make you unhealthy....

Mold? Leaky Roof? Obama Administration Says All Americans Must Have 'Healthy Housing'

"Under the broad banner of "health," the federal government not only is telling Americans what to eat, it's also telling us to make our homes safer.

This week, the Obama administration released a "bold new vision for addressing the nation's health and economic burdens caused by preventable hazards associated with the home."

The project has a name: "Advancing Healthy Housing: A Strategy for Action."

"People in the United States spend about 70% of their time in a home," the announcement said.

"Currently, millions of U.S. homes have moderate to severe physical housing problems, including dilapidated structure; roofing problems; heating, plumbing, and electrical deficiencies; water leaks and intrusion; pests; damaged paint; and high radon gas levels. These conditions are associated with a wide range of health issues, including unintentional injuries, respiratory illnesses like asthma and radon-induced lung cancer, lead poisoning, result in lost school days for children, as well as lost productivity in the labor force."

Is this aganda 21? Is this how they are going to get people's homes condemned and force them into "government approved housing"?

I don't like the undertones here. There is something about the Housing and Urban Authority release that strikes me wrong...

Thoughts?
edit on 2/12/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
if they cared about health the first thing they would do is ban GMO everything, second they would stop putting poisons in our water supply, third they would stop allowing other poisons to be put into food and drinks that you buy... and so on.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Government in our food.
Government in our health care.
Government in our drinks.
In our booze.
In our cars.
In our wallets.
In our tvs.
In our computers.
In our schools.

Now in our homes.

Tell me again, isn't this supposed to be "Land of the free?"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here comes subsidized housing for everyone. Everyone except "rich people" of course. "Rich people" meaning anyone with a job.

Ain't communism swell, kids?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It does seem to flow with Obama and his goal of controlling every facet of People's lives.

They can see into your house, know exactly what you are using your power for (Smart meters), in many States tell you what you can and can not grow in your front yard (food), what foods you can eat, stop you from collecting rain water, force you to take vaccinations, put trackers (RFID) on your kids, stop and ask for papers for no reason, tell you that you are a terrorist if you have more than 3 days food supplies, spy from the sky, what you can say and where you can say it, take away the right to defend yourself, family and home (gun control and no use of force against intruders) and now may be able to force you to spend money on upgrades to your house and if you can't afford it...then what?

Let me guess. Subsidized "Safe Housing" and that house you once had but now can't afford to fix or pay double rent on? Back to the bank...Agenda 21? Sure looks like it.

It would take another hour to list all...

I sure hope everyone is feeling snug and safe because this is what freedom is being exchanged for.

Peace

edit on 12-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Government in our food.
Government in our health care.
Government in our drinks.
In our booze.
In our cars.
In our wallets.
In our tvs.
In our computers.
In our schools.

Now in our homes.

Tell me again, isn't this supposed to be "Land of the free?"

Land of the free healthcare.
Land of the free cellphones.
Land of the free citizenship.
Land of the free money.
Land of the free food.
And now,
Land of the free housing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The only thing in the land of the free and home of the brave that was suppose to be free well was suppose to be freedom.

Turns out that also requires work unlike all that other free crap Government get the hell off my back,

Your not welcome in my home.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sigh.

Here's what the press release says:

Goals One and Two: Establish and Encourage Adoption of Federally-Recognized Criteria for
Healthy Homes. The Strategy for Action calls upon federal agencies to develop consensus on the
basic concept of a healthy home – building off eight characteristics, including dry, clean, pest free,
safe, contaminant free, well ventilated, and well maintained and thermally controlled – and
encourage adoption of this consensus across federal agencies, tribal governments, state and local
governments, and non-governmental organizations.

Goal Three: Create and Support Training and Workforce Development to Address Health Hazards
in Housing. Building a cadre of trained experts that deliver healthy homes services, including
weatherization and retrofitting in neighborhood homes is at the core of the Strategy. The plan
includes leveraging existing workforce development efforts, such as Department of Labor’s
efforts in training workers for, and connecting workers to, jobs in a clean energy economy and
green construction.

Goal Four: Educate the Public about Healthy Homes. The Strategy promotes adoption of a public
communications campaign to help people connect the dots between their health and their home.

Goal Five: Support Research that Informs and Advances Healthy Housing in a Cost-Effective
Manner. The Strategy identifies areas in which rigorous healthy homes research is needed to help
federal, state, and local stakeholders enhance their decision-making in a cost-effective manner and
reduce actions that have unintended consequences.

God helps us all - the government wants to educate us that mold will give up respiratory illnesses.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

As if the Infrastructure of America isn't delapidated and deteriorating. Our own highway system's have been under construction since the great depression because we use half ass products that don't hold up. We have bridges falling in but NOOOO~ This is just assanine. I'm gonna S&F OP for the sheer fact of this is getting to be to much. They can't even fix anything fiscal you think i'm going to trust these individuals to fix my house?

They prolly use left handed screws/hammers&nails

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hmmm...

We already can't pay for all of the other recent "initiatives" meant to improve the quality of our lives, so how the heck are we going to tackle this one?

I agree with what Get Ready to Rock said - here comes subsidized housing for all but the rich.

This one has me baffled and I'll have to give it some more thought. S & F for the post.

TG

BTW, I love your WTF icon!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If the government is willing to buy me a new roof and replace dry rot, moldly wood, etc., then I'm all for it. If they expect me to pay for all that crap....

With the money they could save by reinvesting it all from war profiting to homeland improvements, they could pay off all our mortgages AND do needed home improvements on every home.

I'll hold my breath on that one.

edit on 12-2-2013 by SheepleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff, with all due respect, when they introduced the TSA, they didn't say, "We're going to butt-grope you".

Laws are not passed to be used, insomuch as they are passed to be abused.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thanks Heff....I chose yours to reply to first because I somewhat know you probably see all the good in this and not the bad.

Goal #3

"Create and support training and workforce development to address health hazards in housing"

OK...first...this is more bureaucracy to hose money on. Do they think most folks don't know that their roof leaks or their windows have drafts? So, they come in and do a "Gov approved inspection" and find a list of things wrong with your home. What then? Do they cut you a check to fix it or do they issue a citation and give you XX amount of days to have it fixed or be condemned?

Heff,
I appreciate those that think a great benevolence is at work within our system...this, I am afraid, is not at all the reality of the situation. A good idea can quickly turn bad...just about the time bureaucrats get involved...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Heff, with all due respect, when they introduced the TSA, they didn't say, "We're going to butt-grope you".

This isn't a law -- it's just a project. Looks like it will create some jobs - is that a bad thing?

I also don't see anywhere in this project where they say they will go into every American's home and inspect it. There's certainly no law that says they will do any such thing.

Education is a great thing. Some people don't even know they can get a carbon monoxide detector to prevent their children from dying in their sleep. Some people don't know about radon poisoning, or how to check for it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

How Dare you bring reason into a Right Wing Mutual Circle Gratification Group.

The Truth has no place here.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beez - always respect between us.

To me the comparison is apples and oranges. When the TSA came into existence I wasn't happy about the implications - but understood that we can't have our cake and eat it too. We demand that we're safe on airplanes ( rightfully so after decades of hijackings ) - so we have to adapt to the reality that those demands create.

But this? In and of itself I don't see the problem. In fact an educational initiative to promote knowledge of these things IMO will probably stimulate the economy by creating a demand for repair/cleaning/construction. This is the way that the free market is supposed to work.

And if employee productivity is improved by reducing sick days? Another positive for business, the economy, and the families involved.

We already have laws regarding the kinds of things that people seem to be upset over in this thread. Let your lawn grow to high and there will be a knock at your door. Fill your yard with trash? Same result. Those who wish to scream that these are a violation of their freedoms, I would assume, never lived in a neighborhood where some selfish and irresponsible person let their own home go to pot and threatened the property values of the entire neighborhood by doing so.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

This isn't a law -- it's just a project. Looks like it will create some jobs - is that a bad thing?

I also don't see anywhere in this project where they say they will go into every American's home and inspect it. There's certainly no law that says they will do any such thing.

Education is a great thing. Some people don't even know they can get a carbon monoxide detector to prevent their children from dying in their sleep. Some people don't know about radon poisoning, or how to check for it.

WHO?

Who in the heck are these people????

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If he's handing out houses now, lets get in the queue.

Get your Obama houses here.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Understand that there are already federal guidelines for heath issues in new buildling construction as well has rehab, and renovation.

More laws when they already have laws for that?

Not seeing is why he has anything to say on it and if he is so concerned about bout setting those standards to fema trailers, and sandy victims.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Ah yes...Radon...

The invisible, odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that will kill you...but gimme $2,000.00 and I'll make it go away...nice.

There is a thing called Darwinism...survival of the fittest. If you are truly stupid...maybe you should not be pro-creating to begin with.

Just like the continuous feed cloth towels in public restrooms that they were forced to put a sticker on that reads "Do not hang from towel by neck"...really now...I say remove the stickers...if you are dumb enough to do it...you get what you deserve...
edit on 2/12/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join