It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick for the 5th time this year :-/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah. Usually I get sick once every year. It's pretty much a guarantee. But that's it. After I get over my flu or cold, I never get sick again until the next winter comes. But this year? I've caught the flu several times. I am now down with the flu again for the fifth time this year. That's right. The fifth. I haven't been this ill since I went through chemotherapy years ago. That really messed my immune system up, but after the years went by, like I said, being sick once a year was it for me. So I have to ask myself and the rest of you . . . what the hell is going on, here? Is anyone else going through this, or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I feel for you and hope you are on your feet again soon!

As for me, I usually get a whopper every 3 or 4 years. My wife and son get it all the time and I never do. Must be all the exercise I do.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In before flu vaccine - Did you? Shouldn't have. Didn't you? Should have.

It's the opposite for me, I never get sick. I never realised it until about 2 years ago when I did get a cold and realise I had not had anything for as long as I could remember. Coincidentally it was as I was venturing out into the real world full of nasty germ ridden homosapiens and on public transport to and from various places in the city.

As I was driving to an appointment last week I saw a young asian lady walking down the main street, complete with a face mask. I know we don't have smog problems here, and it may have been due to her being quirky.. but I bet she doesn't get sick.

Still, I can't wait for something to go around that sees me and goes "SMORGASBORD!!!" and attacks me with fervent vigour.

That has not happened and yet it seems a lot better than being sick 5 times in less than 2 months.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

i was getting a sore throat the other day and so i gargled about a shot jeagermister took two tea spoons of raw honey and started adding fresh garlic to every thing i ate, by the end of the day it was gone. im not the most healthiest of guys but i haven't been sick for a while(knock on wood) everyone around me including my kids have been sick back to back or colds lasting up to three weeks. so there is something definitely going around that is harsher than before. hope u get better, but yeah if u ever start feeling a sore throat do what described, jaegermeister, RAW honey, and garlic this remedy has works about 90 percent of the time for me. dont keep drinking after the initial shot of booze. drinking too much can hurt your immune system were one shot will most likely not effect you.

edit on 11-2-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I know that it is not just you...and my heart goes out to you; I hope and pray you recover soon and stay on a healthy path.

I myself have been surrounded by ill people (everywhere) and so far I have not gotten the usual flu or cold this year.

Two months ago I started taking the herb (Cat's Claw Bark) in capsule form; and it has boosted my immune system; plus it has a lot of benefits for other problems too. Recently a friend of mine was really sick with the flu and I gave her some (cat's claw capsules); and she recovered in 3 days.

This is just a suggestion; you may want to try it.

Here is a link on (cat's claw) so you can study about it.

Link: www.herbwisdom.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hm . . . cat's claw, jägermeister, raw honey, Asian ladies, medical masks. If I had all of those at once, I may be cured instantly. I kid, I kid. I will see about getting cat's claw for the future, at least. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find it locally because I live in a lousy place where the local Wal-Mart is a virtual hotel for most people. And jägermeister shouldn't be too tough to find. Sounds rough, though. Raw honey AND garlic? With jägermeister? Damn! . . .

I'm just wondering why this "flu season" is this bad. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they dumped a bunch of disease on us. Trying to cull the population, or merely see what happens out of curiosity. :-/

Oh, and no I didn't get a flu shot. I will never get another in this lifetime.
edit on 11-2-2013 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What do you eat?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I feel ya man, I used to be the same way. Honestly, the biggest factor is diet. I used to eat a lot of processed foods, and when I started to make a healthy change by adding Hemp Protein to my shakes, cook more instead of going out, and finding out which foods specifically help boost your immune system - Ginger tea with some raw honey, chop up some garlic and swig it down with some water, Oil of oregano.. There are so many remedies to cure and to prevent you from feelings that bad.
Try it out. I had the sniffles for the first time in about a year and a half yesterday and is almost gone today

edit on 12-2-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm convinced that persistent hand washing & not handling objects with your bare hands that numerous, random folks interact with on a daily basis is the best way to fight against the flu and cold. And I know both practices are obvious, in which case I don't mean to insult your intelligence. Your health situation is perhaps unique (i.e. your chemo treatment), I don't know. But I will suggest that if you're not being cautious with your hands that, maybe, this is the reason you're continually getting sick.

Hope you feel better.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I never get sick or flu or anything like that
Far as im concerned about main causes of sickness is:
-food: watch what u eat, food is prime reason for diseases. Food stuck in you, in your lungs, veins, bely, digestive tract, nos, hea, throat, etc. U are noticed when when u have flu, fever etc your body throw out this things, slime aka bacteria.

-No medication helps really, medications just mask a symptoms and show how they are not there, but symptoms are there. There is not medication wich does not have sideeffect, there is no medication wich does not cause other unecesseary effects in your body.

-I sleep with open window. Constant circulation with outside helps you. Interesting is how flu or fever etc always come at winter, ey. Yes, it is. Take mind on this: bacteria does not survive outside on winter, and chances to sick outside is minor. Every some while ooen windows in ur house and get some air circulation in it.

-Astma, allergies etc. Is it interesting we as chikdren and our elders, we playing in dirt, runng around getting broken skin, spiilled blood, bacteria everywhere and we as children and as now as grown ups, are healthier than todays children wich is protected and cared every sec And yet they are more often sick more and more.

-If u eat a meat a lot, lower it, or stop using it for a week or two or more. Did u know meat stick in your belly for almost a month, and it is not yet decomposed completly. Im not vegeterian or something. But that is my recomendation.

-Embrace cold weather, overcome it, cold is healthier. For example i like to sleep with open wind
ow even at winter, and walking without tshirt on sniow.

Be more outside, be more on sun, and do some activities. Or just sit outside on sun.

-One of my favorite books is by author:Arnold Ehart
titles: food without a slime, life without a slime. I dont correct title on english. But this way u should find it.

-Dont think about diseases, and sickness, dont even listen about it. often brain has power to demknstrate his powers, including sickness.

-Do something and take good sweat. Heart beating, blood pumping.

-Also is good, to not to eat for few day, then body get rest and refreshing itself. Ofcourse during that few days u csn take fruit and water. A little through whole day. let say to break for start for one or two days at row, or in a week

-and that is pretry much it. At least what i do. It helps me.

-In short i will say, get sun, get fruit, get no eat, get water, get outside do something, execise speciallymin morning. And thats all.

new topics

top topics

join