It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas lawmaker invites Ted Nugent to State of the Union address

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hi all

After all of nugents remarks about BHO and the ensuing secret service investigation on Ted,This is just an awsome in your face BHO

www.latimes.com...

WASHINGTON – Ted Nugent, the rocker-turned-gun rights activist who was the subject of a Secret Service investigation last year after controversial remarks about President Obama, will attend Tuesday's State of the Union address as the guest of a conservative congressman from Texas.

The invitation from Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas), announced Monday, comes as some Democratic lawmakers invite people who have been affected by gun violence to attend the presidential address

Im actually surprised they will even let him attend after his remarks

It was Nugent's remarks at the National Rifle Assn. convention in 2012 that sparked a Secret Service investigation. Nugent, who endorsed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, said that if Obama were to win reelection he "will either be dead or in jail" and called on conservatives to "ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off

edit on 11-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by goou111

Nugent is a punk a$$ artist with more talk than walk...how is he gonna be a tough guy now, but when it came time to serve for real he turned into a bi$tch. "Dead or in jail"...He's got two months to make good...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by doclec
Reply to post by goou111

Nugent is a punk a$$ artist with more talk than walk...how is he gonna be a tough guy now, but when it came time to serve for real he turned into a bi$tch. "Dead or in jail"...He's got two months to make good...

Wow everyone on ats is always crying about americans having to many wars and how we shouldnt be here or there and its not our business

But a guy who stands up and says f that Im not goin to VIETNAM is all of a sudden a Bi---

I would have tried to avoid VIETNAM the best i could..

In the words oh Muhammed Ali "No viet cong ever called me a ni----- "But he must be a little Bi-- too right

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You do realize he is a pedophile right? Yea real awesome in your face. Another in a very long list of Republican's who are either charged with sex crimes or been accused of being a Pedophile. Gawker said the current number is over 500 well known or elected Republicans are currently being charged or accused. Hypocrites. Courtney Love said she had sex with Ted Nugent when she was 12. !!!!

"""" Romney’s Ted Nugent problem is about to get a whole lot worse if the mainstream media ever decides to report that Mittens has not rebuked a self-admitted pedophile. In a 1998 episode of VH1’s Behind The Music, Ted Nugent admitted to being a serial pedophile. VH1 politely phrased this as, “his weakness for young women.”"""""

Romney has a Pedophile Problem Named Ted Nugent!
m.dailykos.com...

"I don't care if you're just 13... ...You look too good to be true"
A lyric from his song "Jailbait"

edit on 11-2-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by goou111

It's not even the fact that he didnt go, it's that fact that he said had he gone to war he would've been shooting everybody, even the folks fighting on his "side". And then dodged going to war by sitting in week-old excrement trapped in his pants. My point being, anybody with a gun can talk tough, but this guy is hardly substance. Stopping giving him respect like he some sort of fearless hero.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Reply to post by goou111

It's not even the fact that he didnt go, it's that fact that he said had he gone to war he would've been shooting everybody, even the folks fighting on his "side". And then dodged going to war by sitting in week-old excrement trapped in his pants. My point being, anybody with a gun can talk tough, but this guy is hardly substance. Stopping giving him respect like he some sort of fearless hero.

Im not gonna stop giving someone respect because some guy who wants to annonymously talk bs on the internet says I should

Maybe you should learn a little respect

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by goou111

And by the way, how many times was Ted Nugent a world champ?...Yeah that guy certainly oozes toughness, doesnt he?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by goou111

I'm just saying there are plenty more people that deserve your respect...my opinion buddy

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Reply to post by goou111

And by the way, how many times was Ted Nugent a world champ?...Yeah that guy certainly oozes toughness, doesnt he?

Ted Nugent has never been anything but apparently a pedophile gun loving nut job who openly calls for revolt against the Government. Whats not to love? But yea.. lets place him on a pedestal and have him get up in front of elected officials to rant his delusional ideas of the World.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok first it's freedom of speech. Let Ted talk. I don't see anyone on ATS being invited to this dog and pony show.

2nd it's a song that was made a loooooong time ago.

Fact: Ted Nuggent is certifiably crazy, true / we all saw his show on TV.

Fact: Can you blame Nuggent for not going to Vietnam? You do know we maliciously slaughtered our own boy's with non engagement rules of the Charlie?

I don't see any other Civillian willing to stand up? Do I? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? That's what I thought.

So he's definately not a suit and tie man, we know this. Why attack his person over stuff your not willing to raise your voice over. I'm sure if we personally had everyones business on ATS nobody would listen to anybody.

Fact: He's raised his voice, got the nations attention and is going whether you love him or hate him.

Fact: Until you stand up and raise your voice, don't slander anyone. It's not good mannerism and does not help you look like you know what your talking about.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Ok first it's freedom of speech. Let Ted talk. I don't see anyone on ATS being invited to this dog and pony show.

2nd it's a song that was made a loooooong time ago.

Fact: Ted Nuggent is certifiably crazy, true / we all saw his show on TV.

Fact: Can you blame Nuggent for not going to Vietnam? You do know we maliciously slaughtered our own boy's with non engagement rules of the Charlie?

I don't see any other Civillian willing to stand up? Do I? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? That's what I thought.

So he's definately not a suit and tie man, we know this. Why attack his person over stuff your not willing to raise your voice over. I'm sure if we personally had everyones business on ATS nobody would listen to anybody.

Fact: He's raised his voice, got the nations attention and is going whether you love him or hate him.

Fact: Until you stand up and raise your voice, don't slander anyone. It's not good mannerism and does not help you look like you know what your talking about.

But in hindsight it is ok for Nugent to get up and slander the President and present as fact things that have been proven to be false such as the birth certificate nonsense.. the idea that the Govt is coming for your guns etc.. etc.. Ted Nugents act is getting very old quickly. He should be co-host of the Alex Jones show. The logic of your argument is sure air tight there. Its ok for Nuge to say what he wants because in your opinion it is a first amendment issue but it is not ok for anyone else to say anything that criticizes him (Ted Nugent) in anyway. Yea that makes sense. Had no idea he was a draft dodger but it sure fits with most hypocritical Republicans.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Co-Host for Alex Jones.... Priceless.... That was good. You made me smile
I typed and posted to fast. Looking at what I wrote. It's fine for people to speak there mind, heck say what you want about me even I don't give 2 farts in the wind anymore than the next. It's the fact that the responses were one liners that only defamated a charecter. If you are going to utilize your right to freedom of speach then make sure you come up with something better that "He's a Pedo" "He didn't go to war" state something that is mind provoking, back it up. If you going to call someone a "Pedo" Prove it. So he sang about it in a song. Big whooooopdidoooo~ Was he arrested for it? Does he touch little children? NO, it's just words in a song. He dodged the war.... (There was 1000's if not 10's of thousands of young men who purposly dodged the draft by going to collage) It's statements like the one's I read where I feel prompted to say lay off because what is everyone else doing? Can I say Nuggent is a good American.... Meh as good as you or I. However though crazy, he's actively raising his voice and prompting some form of change for the better or worse is still to be decided.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ted is a great American. He deserves to be there.. If i was him though I would turn this down..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Courtney Love said she had sex with Ted Nugent when she was 12. !!!!

In the same breath you can say you believe Courtney Love And don't believe Ted.I guess Courtny got that neddle out of her arm long enough to way in.While it is and was always known in thw music industry Ted was anti drug.:

Here is the video that you refer to.Note at now here does it say he is a pedophile.The left needed propaganda so they invented it.All it say's is he met a 17 year old which he also married.Which is not against the law in most state's especially Hawaii.Check source.

www.webistry.net...

They make unsubstantiated claims but offer no proof.So if you can offer some proof I will gladly change my opinion.The way it looks now in is just character assassination.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, here's something to provoke thought, Muhammed Ali had a soapbox, he stood on it, spoke against the war, and lost lifetime achievements and served time for it. Ted Nugent was against the war, but perpetrated himself as unfit to serve through his antics...who is the hero?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ok, here's something to provoke thought, Muhammed Ali had a soapbox, he stood on it, spoke against the war, and lost lifetime achievements and served time for it. Ted Nugent was against the war, but perpetrated himself as unfit to serve through his antics...who is the hero?

I never knew Mr. Ted was a hero.... I wouldn't have categorized him there either.... Nuggent has many lifetime achievements perpetuated by his use of freedom of speech, via the songs and his antics with symantics getting him invited to this shin~dig. More than I can say for myself. Activist for freedom and liberty at best.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So a pedophile is invited to endorse guns..woo hoo..Texas must be so proud of the lawmaker.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
So a pedophile is invited to endorse guns..woo hoo..Texas must be so proud of the lawmaker.

Well it is an accurate representation of Texas.

Hopefully Ted makes an ass of himself, which will cause even more Republican backlash. This is the main problem with Republicans...they cater to very small, but very loud and obnoxious groups of people (tea party, anti-immigrants, gun nuts, birthers, racist, etc.). These groups dominate the rhetoric, because they are loud and annoying...but there aren't enough of them to win elections...hence Obama's 2nd term.

You would think they would figure this out...but no...they aren't that bright.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Who's the pedophile? Using the same standards applied to Nugent... Elvis would be a pedophile as well. Priscilla was just 14 when he "met" her in Germany. He was impressed and captivated by her mature look.

14 years old... So is Elvis also a pedophile? He didn't even wait until age of consent was reached. Ooops. Age of Consent in Germany just happens to be 14 years old. Wow!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah Elvis should be brought into this conversation because he was also invited by the Texas lawmaker

When Elvis gets invited to talk in support of something...then we can discuss the whole pedophile thing. Since he is dead I really don't see that happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join