It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anatomy of a Scam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Recently, this site started seeing posts regarding The One People’s Public Trust (TOPPT). After one lengthy discussion, located here, the owners and administrators of ATS have decided to close down any future discussion on the topic as it was deemed to be nothing more than a new age scam. Many of you asked why so, here we go.
First, TOPPT stated that a trust was formed, with, apparently, all the people, earth wide and beyond, as beneficiaries. The mere implication that they are going to be working on behalf of aliens should be an indication that, perhaps, this isn’t all above board.
The TOPPT trustees, 3 individuals who were so kind, and generous as to devote their time to look out for our wellbeing, have announced that they would be acting with complete transparency. In an effort to prove this declaration, they have posted a variety of documents and blog posts, at their site, found here
Now, the one, key document that is not posted is the actual Trust Document. In the United States, we have laws and then, within each of the 50 states, there are more laws. Laws surrounding the formation of trusts exist, state by state and, whenever a trust is formed, there’s a Trust Document that explains the purpose of the trust, the beneficiaries, the terms of the trust and the trustees are also named. Without this document, you have nothing more than a conversation.
Next, the “trustees” announced that they were planning on foreclosing on, apparently, every country, several individuals and many corporations. They were doing this on behalf of the beneficiaries of the trust. In an effort to protect the assets of the people, they filed Uniform Commercial Code documents that, in the United States, are used to secure collateral. The problem here is that, again, each state has its own set of laws regarding UCC filings and, more important, these states filings have absolutely no jurisdiction over foreign entities and countries unless they have holdings within the state the documents were filed. One of the trustees, Heather Ann Tucci Jarraf was an attorney in Washington State, she also has a trucking company operating out of Washington State and, presumably, she’d be doing her filings in Washington State. Therefore, if any of the companies or countries she’s foreclosing on have assets in the state, she might be able to secure the debt via a UCC filing but, for any and all entities not operating in the state, not holding assets in the state and not residing in the state, her filings are nothing more than wasted paper, and wasted time.
The “trust” has issued several “press releases” that use an odd, hardly coherent mix of legalese and new age peace and harmony. Their message of getting along, working together and living in a harmonious, helpful society is wonderful. Who wouldn’t want to live in a society where everyone works together for the good of the community? They have, however, also made reference to quadrillions of dollars in gold being foreclosed upon. This amounts to more gold than actually exists on the planet (source) and, more important, the actual quantity of this gold would amount to over 100 tons, per person which, yes, they have stated will be doled out at some point. To give you an idea as to how much gold it would take to pay each “beneficiary,” picture a block of gold, one mile wide, one mile high and one mile deep. That’s a lot of gold to keep hidden.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now, why does ATS care about some silly promise to dole out billions of dollars in gold to every individual? Because these “trustees” are also suggesting that people should file UCC documents to secure collateral so as to avoid paying mortgages and other bills. Given the fact that the laws they are basing this on are not the same laws that the banks who lend money follow, the odds are very much in favor of the banks taking your home, leaving you homeless. If you lose your home, where will TOPPT send your 5 billion in gold?
Every so often we see these kinds of con games. NESARA promised that all debt would be wiped out and everyone would be on equal footing. The folks behind this one used 9/11 as a means of explaining why it didn’t happen. Once 9/11 faded into the background, they started channeling aliens for updates because, as everyone knows, aliens are very much up to speed when it comes to US citizens and their debt. There are plenty of people who also tell you that you don’t need to pay your taxes or file tax returns. They make hundreds of thousands of dollars consulting, lecturing and selling books on the topic. They, of course, file and pay their share of taxes because they know that they have to and they know that there are some people so desperate for hope and success that they will pay for the service of being given bad advice.
And this current game seems to be a nice mix of several prior cons. There’s an element of NESARA (debt free, everyone on equal footing, alien connections etc) and there’s an element of the no tax game as well but, in the end, the folks who try and follow their suggestions will wind up losing money, losing homes etc and we cannot allow our site to be used to promote anything that can harm the public.
While the TOPPS people have not, yet, publicly requested donations or funds of any kind, they are making very dangerous suggestions to their followers and as responsible people, following the TOPPT message of working with each other, working to aid our fellow citizens of earth (and beyond!), we are doing our part in trying to protect our readers from any financial or other harm.
Thus, from this point on, The One People’s Public Trust will be dealt with as a hoax, and a scam. If, at some point in the future, TOPPT tries to deliver gold to our doorstep, we will, of course, issue a public apology and re-open the discussions surrounding the trust, and their actions.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Do you want me to point out the inaccuracies of your post, or are you just going to close this discussion down with your inaccuracies considered fact?

Perhaps with accurate information, one could better understand the situation?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Let me handle the first problem, we'll go line by line from there.

First, TOPPT stated that a trust was formed, with, apparently, all the people, earth wide and beyond, as beneficiaries. The mere implication that they are going to be working on behalf of aliens should be an indication that, perhaps, this isn’t all above board.

The Trust was formed, as the filings explain in vivid detail, for all the people of the Earth, equally. The whole purpose of the filing is bring everything "Back to Prime" as Heather would say. This means the purpose is to bring everything back to original equality.

At no point in the Trust filings is there a discussion about aliens.

Now, are we going to be civil about this or are you going to perpetuate a front against something you don't fully understand?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

there's no point in your attempting to make them seem legit. US courts don't have jurisdiction over foreign entities that have no assets, or business, outside the United States and the state courts, where most filings are done, don't even have jurisdiction over other states so trying to foreclose on Russia from Washington State is beyond comical.

Please have TOPPT give me advanced notice as to when my 10 billion in gold (I'm a US citizen so they say I get double the interlopers) is scheduled to arrive because I need to find a place to stash it. It will collapse my building.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What we're going to do is throw threads about this "topic" into the HOAX forum where they belong. Like Crakeur said, if our one mile cubed chunk of gold shows up we will of course apologize and celebrate. In the mean time we will not be a venue to promote things that if believed and followed, can cause financial harm to our members and visitors.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

where's the trust document? I'd like to read it. Why wasn't it posted on the site?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Springer, I've never spoken to you so first, hello.

Second, I've no desire to spread disinformation, I am after information that's why I'm here. I've been here a while and lurked for years before that, so understand my position is not to shill or do any harm. HOWEVER,

as you can see from this little thread alone, there have been rampant lies thrown about as fact, against this topic. Smearing fact with fiction is a tactic used by...well the enemy to be honest. So I am against this. I will go line by line and cover what I can, and I can ask questions and get answers on the rest. But this all started IMO when Crakeur took a personal run against it, without actually knowing the topic. He and others have lumped it into junk like NESARA, and it simply is not that.

So I ask, can we have a civilized discussion about the facts without an attack on the subject unnecessarily? I'm 100% OK with it staying right here and we can get the facts straight, and the rest I can dig for answers. Like Crakeur just asked, there are documents that need finding. I can try to find and produce these once I know what it is that is causing all the abrasion.

I acknowledge the claims are grandiose. That doesn't make them any less true. It just means that extraordinary proof is required. I think I can find some of that proof, or at least some evidence that may support this. But it is such an attack, with claims of aliens, claims of NESARA junk, it is all muddied in an attempt to smear, how about we take time and get the facts straight first?!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

where's the trust document? I'd like to read it. Why wasn't it posted on the site?

Which trust document? You mean the original filing from 1776 or the one they wrote up that declared all of this in trust?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
BTW I'm happy to take this to PM or whatever, I'm not here to muddy up the website. I just want to get to the truth, find out the questions people have unanswered, and then have this data out there CORRECT for people to see, when it is cleared as not a hoax. With all the correct info in hand, I can only assume that it will make more sense. Perhaps somewhere along the lines of the discussions, some things didn't make sense or assumptions were made, etc. Help me help this problem get cleared up, if I can. I can assure you that this movement is just beginning, and it will be a huge topic in a matter of weeks with major releases of information waiting. So being on top of it instead of just banning discussion would likely be a better direction!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm going to agree with Springer and Crackeur on this one, if only because Quatloos has done a lot of research into these supposed UCC filings (because some of the offshoots of all of this, and it looks like the Trust is also using it) are these Accepted For Value and Lawful Money scams.

Bascily, fourthmeal, these places take legitimate UCC and IRS documents and inter-sprinkle them in-between a lot of unintelligible legalese that means absolutely nothing, in doing so, that moment it becomes an illegal act, not only by states laws, but also federal law and both the FBI and FTC have bulletins out about these UCC scams. And of course most if not all of them have a base in the "strawman" or Sovereign Citizen movement.

You may wish to investigate where it all started before you jump on and even claim the place is legit..

Just my 0.02 cents adjusted for inflationary trends.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OMG- I seriously spit coffee out of my nose reading this.
Is, by chance, that Drake guy and fulfurds ninjas going to help get my Gold back? If not, I sincerely think they should be contacted as Drakes militia, Fulfords Ninjas and Wilcocks forehead would make an unstoppable army.

I for one am stopping paying my mortgage this very day since I am sure to have my debt cleared as promised by the Aliens.

ATS, you should be ashamed.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That scam is so evident but I suppose there are some that would get sucked in to it. Even if there was a legit trust formed it would not stop them from drawing all the money out for expenses. I think it's a good idea to stop threads about them because someone who could have fears might take them as legit.

Funny that the government doesn't shut them down. Oh yea, the government has that let the buyer beware policy to protect their contributors sales pitches.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Woah, like I said before, people have this completely wrong.

This is where everything gets screwed up, in the assumption phase. Vkey you are way off base, no offense on a personal level but your information is completely wrong. This is nothing like the other things you mentioned.

First thing is first. Let's take it line by line, because there appears to be mass-confusion over what I ASSUMED (see, I do it too) was a simple topic that was already well established truth on ATS and abroad.

First question, does anybody dispute the fact that all Governments and agencies are actually corporations? Is it acknowledged that this is true or do you disagree?

Let's start there, nothing complex for now, I just want to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

(I'll also let you know, there are other forums I'm part of and visit that are looking at this thread and the other thread, and laughing their ass off. They are calling ATS a joke because they won't even acknowledge the most basic parts of what this is all about. So I'm going to do my best as an ATS member and be as factual as I can about this situation, and get to the answers without any bias.)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Is, by chance, that Drake guy and fulfurds ninjas going to help get my Gold back? If not, I sincerely think they should be contacted as Drakes militia, Fulfords Ninjas and Wilcocks forehead would make an unstoppable army.

I for one am stopping paying my mortgage this very day since I am sure to have my debt cleared as promised by the Aliens.

And its posts like this that ruin the whole thing, taking completely BS lies and presenting them as fact. This post right here is what caused the entire problem.

This is a complex topic, and deserves answers. It isn't going to go away, and it will soon be a huge movement that will be headline news everywhere. But you can stay in denial if you want to, your call. I'm trying to get to the answers.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

And its posts like this that ruin the whole thing, taking completely BS lies and presenting them as fact. This post right here is what caused the entire problem.

This is a complex topic, and deserves answers. It isn't going to go away, and it will soon be a huge movement that will be headline news everywhere. But you can stay in denial if you want to, your call. I'm trying to get to the answers.

Same was said with Drake.

I will bite though. Yes, Governments (at least the United States) ARE Corporations which is why they file CAFR reports.

I also know nothing about any of this beyond what I just read- And I have heard similar things before, (mass arrests by Drake?) laughed- Was told 'just you wait"- and then the people claiming anything just disappeared.

I answered your question, please answer mine- What do the Aliens have to do with this and why dont they simply begin by showing themselves.

link   

the one that names the truckers as trustees would be nice.

link   

(I'll also let you know, there are other forums I'm part of and visit that are looking at this thread and the other thread, and laughing their ass off. They are calling ATS a joke because they won't even acknowledge the most basic parts of what this is all about. So I'm going to do my best as an ATS member and be as factual as I can about this situation, and get to the answers without any bias.)

Now if that isn't a manipulation tactic then I don't know what is
so we are being made fun of because you we choose to critically examine your presentation... Right...

Link please ???
that may be against tc, so never mind. I would rather listen to what mods have to say.
edit on 11-2-2013 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

even drake and some nesara folks have been distancing themselves from this.

to the member that mentioned quatloos, thanks for bringing them up. My office internet (I'm on the road now) was wonky and finding additional links and posting to the site was quite the task.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

of course they're mocking us. We don't believe their story and they either admit the story is flawed from the start or they try and discredit us by mocking us.

we'll see, and they'll have the last laugh when we're crushed by all that gold.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join