It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
A storm is coming.

I've been hearing that for 25 years, but now I agree. It's all falling into place.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I too was interested in the use of the verb "Renounce" and looked up theOxford English dictionary definition, below:

"Definition of renounce

verb

[with object]
formally declare one’s abandonment of (a claim, right, or possession): Isabella offered to renounce her son’s claim to the French Crown

• [no object] Law refuse or resign a right or position, especially one as an heir or trustee: there will be forms enabling the allottee to renounce

refuse to continue to recognize or abide by: these agreements were renounced after the fall of the Tsarist regime

• reject or abandon (a cause, bad habit, or way of life): they renounced the armed struggle, he renounced alcohol completely

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RelSciHistItSufi

Yes, he is formally declaring his abandonment of the powers given to him when he became pope.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Can I be the first to ask wtf is all this Peter rubbish?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Has to do with the prophecies of Malachi Martin of the last pope.Two more popes after Pope John Paul the second predicted that a man Peter the Roman might be the last pope which could be this man he is on the short list for the next pope. whos name just happens to be Peter, Peter Turkson en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-2-2013 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"The notion of a black pope is, to say the least, controversial, even though three Africans have been pope. It is not quite in the same league as a depiction of Jesus Christ as black. ... Nonetheless, a black pope could do more than break a color barrier -- he could facilitate a greater global understanding of a neglected part of our world: the so-called Third World," Tutu wrote April 18 in an opinion piece published in USA Today.

I am placing my bets on the council choosing a black pope. It will be either Peter Turkson or Francis Arinze. Turkson is a NWO supporter. I find it fascinating that the TPTB is choosing blacks in key leadership positions that would have been scoffed at a couple of decades ago. In order to implement their agenda, they must choose someone that can bridge the gap and be accepted globally. The Pope is merely a figure head just like our president.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's unusual indeed.

The Church and modernity have never quite gotten along, so perhaps this unique occurrence which is so outside the norms, traditions and self understanding of the Church as Christs kingdom on earth is giving way to a more humanistic modern sensibility.

The reason why this doesn't usually happen is because the pope is the elected Vicar of Christ. Generally speaking, his tenure ends when his life ends. To resign his position implies a practicality and rationality that belies the universalistic agenda of the church of Rome. Take Pope John Paul. He stayed as pope until the utter end, despite being rendered immobile by parkinsons disease and essentially less capable as a pope, he endured to the end.

Interesting development to say the least. As for the next pope, the "prophecies of malachi" will be following him about during his tenure and conspiracy theorists I'm sure are going to have a hey day speculating as to what will be in the next coming years, since "great tribulations" are expected during his reign, where he will tend to the flock with loving-care.

Personally, I'd say I'm 60/40 about. 60% thinks nothing will happen, given the general nonoccurrence of things we conspiratorally think will happen; but another part of me finds it strange that popes often do things to align their papacy to the prediction of malachi; for example, Pope Benedict didn't have to pick the name Benedict. But he did, and the Benedictine orders insignia is an olive branch, while the prediction made by Malachi for the 2nd last pope mentions an olive. So why play into the prediction like that? It obviously didn't occur "by accident" since much thought goes into name selection. And it would be a stretch to imagine that neither the pope nor his ministers knew the details of the prediction.

The idea of a grand "conspiracy" is mostly untenable. But coincidences like this spur the imagination into thinking irrational things.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Many called him nazi...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

A storm is coming.

I've been hearing that for 25 years, but now I agree. It's all falling into place.

Me too, but all the upheaval around the earth leads me to believe this isn't a good thing, just another sign of the times we are living in.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So what difference is it going to make when the new poop comes?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Maybe it had something to do with the writings containing the 3rd (I think) secret of Fatima that he refused to disclose? At least I believe he was supposed to reveal something and then didn't.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

The prophecies have nothing to do with Malachi Martin at all. They're attributed to St. Malachy from the 12th Century. (And there's a lot of controversy regarding the authenticity of the attribution, as well as the timing.)

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2/11/13 by larphillips because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

A storm is coming.

Have you been also agreeing for 25 years?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes, the word renounce has quite a wide definition and my friend the Priest mentioned it would be critically important to view the text in the language it was originally written in order to fully decipher the meaning.

Frankly we agreed that its usage could be a form of resignation or it could be a rejection of the Church itself.

Waiting to hear back from him when he has time to review the original text.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So, been skimming this thread...and yep, we got a new nibiru folks.

Well, at least this one will be over in march. should a Italian named peter not become pope, then I guess the world may yet live on.

However...

If I was part of the college, I would put in a Peter..just to get attendance up if anything...mess with peoples mind and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

A storm is coming.

Me too, but all the upheaval around the earth leads me to believe this isn't a good thing, just another sign of the times we are living in.

It could be good for the Pope.

He is just a man, flawed, and not without sins, just like all other men.... One thing he understands more than most is evil. With the potential evil that could fall on humanity soon, and the world looking to him for explanations, guidance and religious leadership, perhaps he just didn't feel he was ready for that task?

Or maybe not....

We'll see.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

Yes, the word renounce has quite a wide definition and my friend the Priest mentioned it would be critically important to view the text in the language it was originally written in order to fully decipher the meaning.

Frankly we agreed that its usage could be a form of resignation or it could be a rejection of the Church itself.

Waiting to hear back from him when he has time to review the original text.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... before we hinge too much meaning around the word, it would be best to see it in the original language, and from there, attempt to interpret the various meanings and nuances therein.

link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

You are correct TheAnswer. My friend the Priest is going to review the original text in the language it was initially written to fully decipher the usage of renounce.

He did share with me that there is absolutely no Biblical or Roman Catholic significance to February 28.

link   
Or, they are simply using this event to distract the whole world`s attention from something even bigger lurking in the background...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by Flavian

I have to agree with your post, with his age, his health can deteriorate quickly
If he has Alzheimer's Disease or dementia at an advancing stage, then there is no way he can continue.
Could his direction of the church be a factor? Who knows,but his health is the biggest problem.

My friend the Priest and I discussed the potential of Alzheimer's and he said to me that it is a possibility but in all likelihood the public would never learn of it if it is the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join