It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

J.J. will probably keep putting her in his shows though, hehe... She was from Lost before V.

Apparently, the show is coming back this month (Revolution), so guess I was just assuming since I liked it, and it's high concept, it wouldn't make it back. Odd we've seen no promos.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Personally, if I was Rick, I'd have people setting some serious booby traps all around the prison...like trip wires that lower zombies from the trees, hehe...and the usual pits, snares, etc.

I'd take the fuel from abandoned cars, etc. and create a dual fire line trap around the prison perimeter, to trap the governor's forces, then continually send in oil soaked zombies, but hey, that's just me...

Sounds like something Morgan would do

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

Yeah, Morgan had the right idea...and loved the touch of using caged animals as lures...I didn't know they were attracted to animals.

Now Rick is in a fortified position, with lots of weapons, and if they made preps, they could easily wipe out any force the governor sent to attack them, but they won't likely do it. Plus, the governor has no idea of the added weaponry. But, according to previews, Rick walks right into him....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
this is the best tv series if seen in my lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
im no zombie fan but this show got it all !
I hope it goes on forever

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just got around to catching up with this weeks episode. One of the best in recent memory IMO. I think that they developed Michonnes character more in a single hour than they had ever done before. Seeing her human side ( Previously only glimpsed - as I recall - for a fleeting moment when Andrea was sick, before they got to Woodbury ) was just awesome. She has a sense of humor! Who'd have thunk it?

Oh and the fact that Carl almost became zombie chow? I'll consider that "kill Carl" foreplay.

I also liked that Rick seems to be set to be a solid center for the group again... Especially with the fact that both Glen and Hershel seem like they might be contemplating a coup or even a factional split. And that doesn't even begin to factor in that Merle is in the mix now.

You know, it just occurred to me. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and Daryl didn't even have a single frame of screen time. Now I have to go repent.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There's a walking dead video game coming out staring Daryl, you get to play as him. Looks pretty cool. Thought you might like to hear about it heff.
edit on 6-3-2013 by grimreefer703 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I love Michone. Her and Andria are probably my favorite characters.

Rick has gone off the deep end and I thought that when he found his insane old friend the 2 could walk around looking for ghosts together but sadly not.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
oh yea, does anyone else really wish they would just get rid of the asian guy? seriously, i hate when that guy is on screen. he's so damn boring.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Not as much as we want to see Carl become zombie chow. At least if Glenn is onscreen, Maggie is close to follow, and she's just a hottie....

Glenn's actually pretty bad ass, so have to give him some respect there...though he lacks the ability to make tough decisions like Rick has to face often.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

I like Glen! He wants so badly to be a bad-ass. And he is, sometimes. But they do a great job of playing on his youth and naivete. Even though he's the 'going out' expert, and the group leans on him a lot, he is still finding out what he is made of. I love that.

And, like someone already said, if he's around, Maggie will be close by. And I love me some hot farmers daughter

I am not as much on the "kill Carl" bandwagon as others. I used to be. But I kind of like were they are going with him. I hope that he goes full blown sociopath-as would likely happen with a kid in this situation. Not the best job of casting with him, but the kid is learning, and getting better.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
anyone wonder who that random guy was screaming for them to wait in the middle of nowhere?

also the people they kicked out of the prison who went and joined the governor, pretty sure they are dead next ep. or at least try to attack the prison or something on behalf of Woodbury to show their allegiance

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
anyone wonder who that random guy was screaming for them to wait in the middle of nowhere?

also the people they kicked out of the prison who went and joined the governor, pretty sure they are dead next ep. or at least try to attack the prison or something on behalf of Woodbury to show their allegiance

You know what I thought when I saw the hitchhiker? Same thing I thought when Darryl and Merle helped those people on the bridge. I thought "Oh look, there are the subjects for the next webisodes". And I'd bet that I'll be right.

I did love, though, the way they really drove it home that the group no longer trusted ANYONE with the hitchhiker. And snatching up his bag at the end?

Cold. So cold. Loved it. And the juxtaposition between refusing to help that guy but begging Morgan to let him help him? Beautifully done.

ETA: BTW, for the people asking what to do for the wait until the next season starts, I would recommend the webisodes. Not as good as the series, but pretty darn good. Worth a watch anyway.
edit on 7-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Which sucks, because they could have easily been on Rick's side if he wasn't so crazy at the moment...

As for the hitchhicker, I'm pretty sure his whole scene was about showing how the world had changed, and that they felt they couldn't trust anybody. At the same time, the scene back, showed him dead, and the consequences of that moral decision, but still the desperation, in grabbing the now unneeded backpack.

Personally, in a zombie apocalypse, I'd be a bit more willing to take on new people (strength in numbers), though I'd do like they did and quarantine them first, to make sure none were infected, and I'd remove their weapons until we were sure they could be trusted members of the group.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

also the people they kicked out of the prison who went and joined the governor, pretty sure they are dead next ep.

I think they'll end up helping Rick's group in the end. They'll see the govorner for what he is, and turn during the fight.

Just my prediction.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I don't know...they saw Rick go completely off the reservation, talking to phantoms. The governor is a bit off too, but next to that, he's rock solid by comparison.

While it'd be nice to see Rick's group take over Woodbury, something tells me they'll get out of it alive, but killing the governor, and be on the road once more...just from a show perspective. Haven't read the comics, so not sure where they go from there.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I don't know...they saw Rick go completely off the reservation, talking to phantoms. The governor is a bit off too, but next to that, he's rock solid by comparison.

While it'd be nice to see Rick's group take over Woodbury, something tells me they'll get out of it alive, but killing the governor, and be on the road once more...just from a show perspective. Haven't read the comics, so not sure where they go from there.

I havent read them either. Id like to, but I dont want to spoil anything on the show (even though they arent following it closely, there have been some crossovers as I understand it).

I expect the group to take HEAVY losses by the end of this season. Probably barely escaping. Hopefully with the help of Andrea, and those others (who, from a show perspective, will conveniently fill some of the voids created by the losses)

Id list the people that I dont think will make it out of this season, but I would hate to be accused of spoiling anything if they turn out to be correct.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay Electronica

Yeah, Morgan had the right idea...and loved the touch of using caged animals as lures...I didn't know they were attracted to animals.

Now Rick is in a fortified position, with lots of weapons, and if they made preps, they could easily wipe out any force the governor sent to attack them, but they won't likely do it. Plus, the governor has no idea of the added weaponry. But, according to previews, Rick walks right into him....

I don't think they'll make the preps either, but I do have a hunch morgan will come to the prison at the last second and help the group... Last episode i was hoping they'd give us a clue if Andrea was gonna set up the governor or the group.. Guess I just have to wait and see.

Btw did you see that preview at the end of last episode or on the AMC site or something?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

also the people they kicked out of the prison who went and joined the governor, pretty sure they are dead next ep.

I think they'll end up helping Rick's group in the end. They'll see the govorner for what he is, and turn during the fight.

Just my prediction.

Hmm.. thats a interesting thought. In that scene when the refugees were talking to the governor, the director definitely gave the impression that the governor would kill them, so that would be a nice twist.

Oh and thanks for mentioning the webisode, i had no idea they existed

Im not so sure about that cuz after the attack the governor went into seclusion and wasn't talking to anybody really. Then all the towns people were real upset and wanted to leave the town right away because it wasn't safe. Andrea then went upstairs and told the governor about the chaos and he said let them leave. But she decided to let keep the town together and inspire them to calm down and stay. I think she was like his rock and the only thing keeping it together for him ATM.

Now with rick, I feel the last episode was a breakthrough for his craziness. Since michon confided in him about talking to her dead boyfriend, this will prolly help rick empathize with her and see that what he's goin through isn't that unusual. He even smiled about it for once

edit on 7-3-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
oh yea, does anyone else really wish they would just get rid of the asian guy? seriously, i hate when that guy is on screen. he's so damn boring.

Spoiler Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the comic cannon Glenn doesn't fair so well in the events that come after Woodbury.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Awesome. I hope that's one thing that IS carried over.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join