It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am investing in growing food, home defense, tools, and just knowledge on repair, first aid and things of that nature.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mainstream media is running with this to scare more people into gold and sliver there fore causing a a spike in gold prices. Someone is bound to benefit from this.

I think if shf there will be gold confiscations and if not there will be a new currency put in place. In either case having food, water, defense and skills to keep what you have in good shape will be more valuable than buying power during the transition. If there is no quick transition then I will just charge and arm and a leg for food.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
I am investing in growing food, home defense, tools, and just knowledge on repair, first aid and things of that nature.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mainstream media is running with this to scare more people into gold and sliver there fore causing a a spike in gold prices. Someone is bound to benefit from this.

I think if shf there will be gold confiscations and if not there will be a new currency put in place. In either case having food, water, defense and skills to keep what you have in good shape will be more valuable than buying power during the transition. If there is no quick transition then I will just charge and arm and a leg for food.

I heard George Soros has been manipulating gold prices big time, and has a large store of personal gold that he will dump to collapse gold prices, then buy it back at the lower cost.

I would recommend people waiting till he dumps his gold before buying.
edit on 11-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jimmiec

and they voted for him the second time, now that's just crazy,

I will never understand it.

Even people I know personally that really didn't want to vote for him, DID. They knew better, but they did it anyway.

Why?

edit on 012828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

he was the nicer looking, better speaking garbage bag in the garbage container.
i sometimes feel like kicking a goat when i think of people voting for this guy.
my definition of a politician is too explicit for me to mention on ATS. LOL
but seriously, must be the fluoride in our water which makes us docile, the aspatamine in diet drinks, the subliminal messages, the color of the man, the misleading information by the MSM, the kerfuffle made out of BS "news" that doesn't really affect anyone at all or is meant to be exploited...cause man, the majority of people in this country are just.......
ill keep it to myself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Understood but I've seen long time homeowners kicked out of their homes with nothing but what they could get out ahead of time.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EequalsMC3

As an Independent I would probably vote for BHO if he were running again, even THO I do not like him at all, but he gets my 'entitlements' vote merely because I don't want to lose them - which is surely something that the Republican Party would like to deprive me of. Ya know what I mean?

Shows me you totally bought the Democrat line of BS and rhetoric without having a clue as to what they are really doing to the economy and to us, and that you bought the lie that the Republicans want to steal your retirement.
It is nothing but class warfare and this admin has used it more than any other I've seen in my lifetime. The guy is a Marxist redistributionist anit colonialist globalist NWO stooge and has ZERO respect fot the US, our Constitution and Bill of Rights, hateful of free enterprise and liberty, and hateful of caucasion Americans.

But carry on.

I hope all the Obama tools on this board read my message and know they will be judged according the the Great Law of our Creator.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

So can't we just make-believe we aren't in debt anymore? I know! We can pick some fancy words for the debt money. It's not debt, it's Patriot tax, where if you don't pay you get patriotized by one of their new drones. Freedom tax, because freedom isn't free.

Just had this conversation with the wife. It's all just words. Sounds. So everyone go back to work and produce and you can keep spending imaginary money. Problem is the Greedy A-Holes that would feel like they are losing ground. Pretty sad how greed rules.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BewilderedandAmused
I have quite a reply but, I am afraid to post it cause it just puts too many things together from over the years. I love life and if we go broke, just remeber that tough times is what brings people together, after the fighting has ceased.

Great post OP S&F

Thanks but join the discussion. Your input is valued here.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

People misunderstand the utility of the US dominance of the seas. It's not for fighting, but for policing international waters. Right now America - and thus the American economy - controls the major water ways in the Pacific, Indian and Atlantic oceans.

This is exactly the reason why Obama and Hillary and Axelrod and all their little marxist traveler buddies are pushing the Law of the Sea treaty and are determined to take down the dominance of the US. I just can't say it enough.
Hillary and Obama are both traitors to this country. God forbid that hillary should ever make it to the Presidency. She will try unless that jack-a&& Senator gets that nutty legislation through removing term limits for POTUS. They will try, mark my words, and are floating the idea around to see if the soil is fertile enough to push.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EequalsMC3
The so-called 'government' is not going to fail. There is nothing new under the sun when it comes to the way the US government functions. This has been going on since time immemorial - The only difference being the average persons access to more information (read dis-information, because its all propaganda) via the internet.

There is no government - there is no free press - there is no such animal as the US Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights so-called. These are illusionary tactics set into being by forces beyond the intellectual and spiritual grasp of the everyday "man/woman in the street."

And another thing - how is it possible that the government (whatever the F that really is) could fail - they pay me 2 big fat checks every month year in and year out - they support my very comfortable lifestyle and uphold my decent standard of living. Without the government oh whatever would I do?

So I ask you again - how could they possibly fail? Don't you all realize that the government is

too big to fail.

That the PTB will bail us out!!!

This is the problem. People are under the illusion that it cannot happen. Rome was the technological and military giant of it's day and it fell. What makes us so special?

If things get tough, put yourself in the position of a wealthy person. You will protect your assets and shrink your spending... both in your personal life as well as your business. When this happens people get laid off, merchants make less money and lay folks off. Government collects less money and services become limited and yes, they lay off people.

The whole system contracts out of fear and greed. Folks like us suffer, lose our jobs, our homes etc. You need to do your homework here. Many do. You are living in a fantasy thinking it cannot happen.

BTW, what I just described is relatively mild compared to the massive collapse that we are facing....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

When spending contracts, the first to get laid off would probably be middle management. That gets the most bang for the buck.

As far of what lines of work are more at risk, I'd say (a guess here) the retail sector. People stop spending then retail gets hit hard. Next are the suppliers i guess.. I dunno... Maybe someone else with more knowledge could help me out here?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

I read through the bulk of this thread earlier today and just finished catching up now.
I had no intention of making any comments because I am not American and I am not from Europe either.
Then I got to thinking that well if they go we go too so here are my thoughts as minimal as they are.

If this does occur It cannot hurt to have a chunk of paper money out of the bank, makes me think of our parents both sides of the family from the depression.

All four parents stressed the fact that had their families stashed some cash before the bank holiday they would have had a few days to really stock up on essentials.

Ourselves have got a fairly good stash of the paper tucked away and I figure if things crash we have hours maybe days to buy buy and then buy food and supplies to add to our already huge pantry.

Some posters have mentioned the fact that the paper will be worthless almost overnight so what is the point?

Well it can't be a bad thing to try, either it is worthless in the bank or in our stash, or it is still good to use.

I am going to keep withdrawing more every week with the hope it might give us purchasing power in the first few days or even better yet for years.

Only a fool would leave the bulk of their savings of cash in the bank at this time.

I hate to possibly add to the panic of a crash but in my opinion the first few hours would be critical to get food (all you can buy) and fuel and get your ass out of town or hunker down.

I hope this does not happen but ...who knows?

S&F to Mike

Regards,Iwinder

edit on 11-2-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

"It's not that anarchists don't believe in law...we don't believed in forced law".

What is law without teeth?? A fairy tale. An impractical pipe dream of people with an impractical social system.

Steven Pinker pretty much dismantled the theories of anarchists in his "The Better Angels of our Nature:How violence has declined". Anarchist societies have 5 times the homicide rate that government based societies have.

Is that worth the tradeoff? Neither Anarchism nor Statism, or, neither the extreme right nor the extreme left of any ideology or approach to life will secure the balance needed. We are both a combination of nature and nurture. We have good in us, but left to ourselves without a threat of deterrence (i.e law) we most certainly will take advantage. Hobbes Leviathan is more pragmatic than Rousseau's noble savage.

I had trouble with that myself. I like to think that he was speaking about laws that violate our liberty and that common sense laws (basic commandment-like laws) are ok.

I always thought anarchists were people that were militant and fomented violence. That guy didnt seem to fit that mold...

edit on 11-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EequalsMC3
The so-called 'government' is not going to fail. There is nothing new under the sun when it comes to the way the US government functions. This has been going on since time immemorial - The only difference being the average persons access to more information (read dis-information, because its all propaganda) via the internet.

There is no government - there is no free press - there is no such animal as the US Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights so-called. These are illusionary tactics set into being by forces beyond the intellectual and spiritual grasp of the everyday "man/woman in the street."

And another thing - how is it possible that the government (whatever the F that really is) could fail - they pay me 2 big fat checks every month year in and year out - they support my very comfortable lifestyle and uphold my decent standard of living. Without the government oh whatever would I do?

So I ask you again - how could they possibly fail? Don't you all realize that the government is

too big to fail.

That the PTB will bail us out!!!

You don't understand. We the People bailed out the banks AND the govt with our taxes and the taxes which haven't come yet as a result of govt incompetence and failure and corruption.

You think TPTB are going to baill out govt with Rothschild and Soros money? Are you kidding? You are bailing out the most corrupt administration in 200 years and are enabling them with your support.

This is by the way part of the Cloward Piven strategy, make the people more and more dependent on govt so that they have to support keeping the corrupt govt in place so they wont lose what the govt took from them when they should have been able to determine their own future instead. Cloward Piven strategy is collapse of the system from all the overhead we can't afford.
And yes there is govt, but a Shadow Govt behind it controlling things. They bailed out the banks with your retirement and SS, plus they are raiding Medicare to pay for Obamacare, not to mention taxes will go sky high.

You love your servitude do ya.
edit on 11-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
As long as oil is traded in dollar there will be no collapse. A downsizing, maybe, but a collapse, no. Even with the huge income of the petrodollar America splurged, if america lives within its means, it will still be very very well off. At any rate, any downsizing will mostly be felt at the top, just like it matters little wheter you make minimum wage in America, canada Germany or Italy.

Problem is, Clinton saw that the petrol dollar had a limited life and began backing the dollar with our countries natural resources. This was the federalisation of National parklands and wilderness areas. Now the Govt can drill and mine them, thus disrupting and ultimately wreck them.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Dont forget diamonds

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

I think hyperinflation is yet to come. Meanwhile haven't you seen the dramatic rise in everything?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I'm not a construction contractor. I work in Networking/Security. My experience is that (in my field at least) the first to go in a downturn are the contractors. Next, if things dont get better, the layoffs happen. After laying off people (and not replacing them), the contracting jobs come back. If the economy is stagnant then the contracting comes back with a vengeance. Ultimately though, unless there is a real turnaround, the contractors get kicked out again and more layoffs. Not pretty.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Silver quarters going at around $5.50 apiece currently!

Sucks, huh?

Its going to get a lot worse. Inflation is at 12% right now.
The only thing keeping pace with that is precious metals.

Ya, thats a 2200% decrease in the value of a quarter. Whos been watching? Or is my math all f'd up??
edit on 11-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by Malfeitor

I'm not a construction contractor. I work in Networking/Security. My experience is that (in my field at least) the first to go in a downturn are the contractors. Next, if things dont get better, the layoffs happen. After laying off people (and not replacing them), the contracting jobs come back. If the economy is stagnant then the contracting comes back with a vengeance. Ultimately though, unless there is a real turnaround, the contractors get kicked out again and more layoffs. Not pretty.

Nobody has a job/ Nobody pays taxes/ no taxes = no government/no police/ nobody can purchase/ It sounds like it is programed to wind down to zero.

"Not pretty" sounds a bit scary and probably an underestimation of what could happen.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Ohh, is the sky falling in again?

Seems to happen about 5 times a day on ATS.

...and ignorance is bliss

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join