It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Purchases 21.6 million more rounds of ammunition..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Well, their Fully Automatic and Semi-Automatic hardware eats Ammo like Popcorn.
I wonder if they Recycle all that Brass.

I hope to God one of their agents doesn't snap their cap and climb a tower.

Good God Almighty

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
And meanwhile, I can't find ammo or if I do, the stores are now limiting purchases to TWO boxes only.....
So if I can't get enough ammo to even go to the range, I would say something is definitely in the works.

Scary times we live in indeed. I think people need to stop all the crap talk of civil war!! Its a fuel we do not need!
edit on 7-2-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

maybe DHS is stockpiling as a way to limit the stock in other places by putting such a huge demand to be filled in a hurry. Perhaps they are also preparing for something else...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

maybe nancy pelosi is truly terrified of gun owners who resist her Statist tyranny.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Maybe it is just to stop the shelves from filling up with these rounds. If people won't let government to bring in new gun control measures they will do it another way and this seems to be it. Also didn't you guys report the ammo shortage also maybe these are related.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I sincerely hope this is not going the way of: Civil War Part 2.
That is the LAST THING this nation needs.
Yet, something stinks to high heaven about this whole situation.
Civilians, and, fed.gov, both sides are arming up, big time.
I fear, if fed.gov starts playing god, attempting to rescind God Given Rights, I believe things are going to get very ugly, very fast.
It's becoming more difficult by the day to ignore that writing over there, on the wall.

God help us...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I just remembered that there was another post on ATS recently where the OP was saying that the DoD is no longer going to be reselling spent brass but instead, destroying it. This was for a .223 caliber, not sure if it covers others
Here is the link: .www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting times ahead for sure.

OTA: Sorry, I read that post further down and realized that it did happen but the DoD retracted this policy and supposedly all is well now. Of course the OP is still a good to read since it shows what they were planning was to shred the brass and sell it to China for less than they were getting for selling it to US businesses that reload them.

Made me wonder if they would have shredded them or secretly just sold China reloadable brass for a secret agenda... the T95 China Battle Rifle uses a 5.56 NATO round which I believe is close to the .223 (5.6mm), maybe they would be direct interchangable.
edit on 8-2-2013 by evc1shop because: Refined

edit on 8-2-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
As others in this thread have mentioned, this seems like way more than enough ammo for a civil unrest. Not only that, but it seems like I've read this story several times over the last six months or so. DHS is always buying ammo, MILLIONS of rounds of ammo, and we've always got to hear about it.

Could it be that they just want us to know that they are preparing for unrest?

That if there were unrest, they have all this ammo, so if you're thinking about revolting, well, they have all that ammo.

However, the fact that police departments aren't being supplied seems like they might be actually concerned that something might happen and not just wanting to use fear to qwell a rebellion. It would seem to me that if push came to shove that local LE would be more likely to side with the people, a la all these sheriffs you hear about coming out saying they will enforce the second amendment.

But I often have to step back in disbelief that such things are even being discussed!!! this sure isn't the country i grew up in.

edit on 2/8/13 by godWhisperer because: clarify

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Throwing this out there as a possibility....

What if allll this ammo is actually going to Australia?

Australian General recently put in charge of US Army PAcific.......odd isn't it?
America putting a small contigent of Marines in Australia.....to guard nukes put there?

Australians are unarmed....how would they get massive amounts of ammunition and firearms to them before War breaks out with China?

If you wanted to hide the fact America's sending ships full of ammo and firearms to Australia......you'd have these Federal Agencies placing the orders....doesn't mean they are the final person getting them.

My gut is telling me these are all headed to Australia.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
i see a new law with a limit on how much ammo you can own then because the companies making ammo can not sell they will start going out of business.

the government is speeding things along by making very large orders that the companies have to speed money on new equipment to fill.
then they will use laws to limit sales to the public and cut government orders bankrupting the big ammo companies.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

No offense, but that seems a bit far fetched. IMO.

There would be no way to monitor how much ammo a person has. I shoot on both a skeet and trap league. When you look at the amount of shells I have, you'd think I was some kind of nut(kinda am), but I'll go through that supply relatively quick. Same with pistol and rifle rounds. I like to shoot a lot, so I go through a lot of ammo...... I'm KawRider9 and I'm a shootaholic.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

The QBZ-95 fires 5.8x42mm, not 5.56(.223).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Okay, thanks.
My apologies for the wrong information, I got it off the Wiki somewhere.....

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Seems to be a quite visible warning for those who are Prudent...... to start Stocking up on Ammo. Don't watch aggressors amass while you do nothing but watch.. Obviously this is a warning.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They might be stocking up on ammo to prepare for a temporary interruption in ammo manufacturing due to a shortage of raw materials to make the ammo.
What raw materials are used in making ammo?
What countries do we get most of the raw materials from for making ammo?
Wherever those countries are is where I would be keeping an eye on for where we will be starting our next war.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As I read, someone said they may be shipping them to Australia, but that just wouldn't work, hollow point is in violation of the Hague convention for international use. This is for use on US soil only.

Some have said they use a large quantity for training and yearly qualifications, but that doesn't add up. Sure, if it was just one or two of their purchases a year, I could understand. However, from dhs inception until early 2012 they had purchased almost one billion rounds verifiable. They would have had to fire seven rounds per second since they started to use it all. Not to mention, they have almost trippled that quantity in the last year. That's just verifiable purchases, not including the open ended ones and redacted purchase orders.

Something indeed is happening, the big question is what.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

First off, I belive that 1.6 billion number they are saying they have acquired is way off. This was the biggest order I could find by far.

Also the FLECT, according to their website uses 15 million rounds of ammo in training per year. I would like to see these orders that reflect the 1.6 billion number, because most of the buys I can find are for less than 200k rounds.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

The Source is this here:

Fed Bids

Buyer : DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
End Date : 02/11/2013

End Time : 17:00 ET
Delivery Days : 30 Day(s) - Required (No. of calendar days after receipt of order (ARO) by which Buyer requires Seller to deliver)
Line Item(s)
Item No . Description Qty Unit

001 Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) Pistol Cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point(Jhp) p/n P40HSTS3G OR EQUAL. BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY. 100 MX

002 Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) 9MM 115 GRAIN JACKETED HOLLOW POINT P/N 9BP-115 GRAIN JHP OR EQUAL BRASS CASING 100,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVERY. 100 MX

003 Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA) PISTOL CARTIDGE 9MM BALL 124 GRAIN P/N AE9AP OR EQUAL BRASS CASING 40,000 ROUNDS PRICE PER 1000 ROUNDS WILL INCLUDE DELIVEY 40 MX

So I am seeing
10 million from item 1 - .40 165 grain
10 million from item 2 - 9mm 115 grain
1.6 million from item 3 - 9mm Ball 124 grain
edit on 2/7/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

That number actually seems to be incorrect. If you look at this on FEDBID page, the order has been modified. The are getting that number from the original synopsis. It was changed on feb 8th and now the number seems to be more like 140000 total rounds.

www.fbo.gov...

Look on the left side and click the original synopsis, then you can click the next two modified orders.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

Seriously talk to the folks that sell ammo. They are selling out and mostly to civilians. I have not seen one of the major dealer at a gun show in many months. They are sold out. The ammo dealers are scrambling to try and meet the demand of civilian and law enforcement contracts never mind the government which is a small percentage by comparison. The government is responding by making these purchases which they are doing out of panic more than anything in my opinion.

I know it’s tough to find. I can’t even find 5.56 brass to reload. I’m sitting on a few thousand bullets and primers, and plenty of powder, but I have no brass!! I also spent over 2 weeks looking for 300grain 44mag rounds last month. I tried to hit a local gun show but the line was wrapped around the building.

Back on topic, the government has been making large purchases LONG before this gun-ban scare and run on ammo started. They purchased 450 million rounds of 40cal almost a year ago; way before Feinstein's proposal! These recent government purchases aren't in response to what we're doing out here in the civilian world IMO.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Just wondering how long it takes to make a bullet, and how long it would take to make that many bullets? How many machines and or factories to get contract done?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The war has already started my friends.
In fact, it started a long time ago.

In any arena of combat,(and make no mistake, we ARE at war) in order to be successful, there is one thing that you MUST know FIRST!!!!

1.) THAT YOU ARE AT WAR!!!!

The second thing you MUST know is

2.) Who in hell hell your enemy is.

If you have no idea that you are even at war in the first place then.....what chance do you think you'll have at winning a war that you don't even know you're in?

If you know you're at war but have NO IDEA who your enemy is or, worse still, you wrongly THINK you know who your enemy is then......what chance do you have of winning?

Just because you don't hear bullets whizzing past your head and morter rounds dropping all around you doesn't mean you aren't at war.

What is happening right now is an information war.
It is a war for your mind.
Not trying to sound like Morpheus here but it is true.
There is a battle going on for your thoughts, ideas, and opinions.

Whomever wins on this front will ultimately win the whole war.
There is a massive effort to marginalize and demonize everyone who even hints at a conspiracy or cover up.
Anyone who has any distrust of the government or makes any attempt to prepare for their family's safety.
Anyone who takes their personal freedoms and liberties seriously.

The true Patriot to this country isn't waving a God Damned flag folks.
THe true patriot is the one they are after.
The true patriot is the one the masses are going to be brainwashed and manipulated to fear.
He is going to have many guns.
He is going to be willing to DIE for his freedoms and his constitution.

and what's going to be the most scary to the dumbed down masses is....

He is also going to be willing to KILL for his freedoms and his constitution.

bet.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join