It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An important Red Skins game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Check out this article from snopes:

snopes.com...

The outcome of the final RedSkins home game before the election has determined the presidency 15 times. It has never been wrong. Here is how it works:

Redskins win-George Bush wins
Redskins lose-Kerry wins

The game is this Sunday October 31, 2004.

Let's root for those Redskins!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Let's root for those Redskins!

Yeah, to lose...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
May God Bless Mark Brunell.

Sorry Brett, you need to throw 6 interceptions and 0 TDs...ok?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't know how much stock to put into this - remember the Red Sox won the World Series. If the curse of the Bambino has been reversed - can we really rely on the Redskins prophesy anymore.

The universe is now officially out of balance and it's anything goes.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Redskins can stand to lose one game aftera winning all those ones in a row. Maybe there will be a Halloween curse on them and they'll lose, therefore getting that lying sack-0-# out of the White House.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I posted this a while ago in another thread.

Originally posted by Bleys

I don't know how much stock to put into this - remember the Red Sox won the World Series. If the curse of the Bambino has been reversed - can we really rely on the Redskins prophesy anymore.

The universe is now officially out of balance and it's anything goes.

This isn't a curse.
But it (whatever it is) was almost broken in 2000, so who knows...this could be the year.

As a Redskins fan, I can never root for the Skins to lose

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You act as if the redsox even ranked in the top 2 longest runs to win a world series... guess what, before this win, they were 3rd on that list.... There are only two teams in all of baseball who haven't won a world series in a longer time, without researching can anyone name those two teams?

Packers suck, BEAR DOWN BABY! Lets go Redskins lets go!! I would root for them regardless, i am a DIE HARD Bears fan!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wow, I sure hope this is accurate, cuz the pack is gonna whale on the skins, dude.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
There are only two teams in all of baseball who haven't won a world series in a longer time, without researching can anyone name those two teams?

That's easy. Cubbies and the White Sox. That's common knowledge. Problem is they are not cursed. They have not had as many heartbreaks as the RedSox.

Just wanted to prove you wrong.

This new Osama tape could be another wild card in the election.

The Universe is not out of balance. The Red Skins will win, and Bush will win!

Horray!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
the white sox and cubs not having as many heartbreaks as the red sox... HA, that is a total LIE! Every single year one or both the teams is about to make the playoffs when in the last week they completely blow it... trust me, Boston has had it way better. The city of chicago is cursed, the only team to really play well recently was the Bulls, because of Michael Jordan, but beyond that the last championship by a major sports team was 20 years ago, by the Bears... But this isn't about which is the most cursed city, Buffalo, this is about why the white sox and cubs are more cursed then the redsox, and the cubs are cursed with the billy goat curse. The white sox have no major curse, but it sure as heck has been a looooonnnggg time....

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Got one song to say bout that.

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!

Forget the Gipper, win one for Dubya!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've never been one to belive in things like this but if it really works then things are looking good for Senetor Kerry because the redskins lost their game today.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by LouisCedar]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
GW has probably rigged the game.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
28-14.....packers won

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If Kerry wins...it was definately his destiny, and this is definately a true predictor.

Why?

Because of how the Skins lost.
The Redskins were down for most of the game, but fought back. Down by 6 they score again with less than 2 minutes to go which means they basically won the game!

But wait...

There's a penalty (A PHANTOM ONE AT THAT! There was NO penalty on the play - but the refs call it anyway!). Skins try again to score...but fail.
Game over Greenbay wins.

Maybe that ref was a Kerry supporter...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Maybe that ref was a Kerry supporter...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
yeah well there were two other polls that have accurately predicted the outcome of the election for the last several amount of years, that both said Bush would win, one was the Halloween mask sale, and the other i dont quite remember... so one of these long standing ones will be broken on Tuesday!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Kerry lost so that's more proof the Redskins really won that game

Stupid refs!

join