It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viral Videos - Literally Viruses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that the latest viral video (by keyword) viewing (via youtube or other) is the means to
either 1. a built-in Microsoft crack/crash (to cause security breach by keyword) 2. a means of brainwashing at the same time 3. A time-frame or even a 'preference' crash (via keyword browser instead of using an EMP).

Even if some of us don't open or aren't into the current videos we eventually are sooo curious (from seeing clips from the news or talk shows) that we HAVE to see what we are missing, no?

I didn't have a clue what this Gunnam style music/dance wthever was until a few weeks ago. I got SOOO curious..I had to look. It is RIDICULOUS. all the fuss? for NOTHING? UHHG (in my conspiracy mindframe all I saw was some guy looking like he was whipping dudes/slaves to impress some lady). All in all, it was stupidddd.

Are these virals a test, I mean literally A TEST. How many will pass em along? How many will associate with those that already have the 'virus'?

well, yanno what I mean.

and the worst case scenerio.......Anonymous (if the enemy/govt) kills the computers of those who download or view their stuff?

Who do we trust?

Shouldn't Anon show who they are, or how we are sure of who 'they are' by some way? I mean, ok, Robin Hood and Zorro, Superman and Spiderman...nice but in the end doesn't it all come down to YOU? Are these truly the type that would (if need be) toss paper-propoganda out of a plane in hopes that someone 'gets it'?

But then again, if we trust Bill Gates unconditionally, and our dayum goverments, cable/phone companies et al,
why not trust a group called Anonymous?? It isn't like they are selling us a $400 program, asking for a $2,476.00 tax bill or a 3,500 cable bill...........

so, who do we trust? people that give us free knowledge... or those who charge us to seek what we choose to know?

Who exactly is playing God with our life as we know it by controlling the information we are 'allowed'? Is Anon yet an anti-anti Christ...or just another 'team' throwing out one from another by getting us to bite yet another apple (biblical sense, not the computer)? haha

I gotta know, cuz life truly does go in vicious circles and I'm truly sick of holdin' onto the end of the perpetual centripetal rope.

edit on 6-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
They call them trial balloons in politics, float it and if it flys go with it.

You might have a point.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Maybe I am just really stubborn...

but I NEVER want to be first in line for any album, phone, newest appliance nor movie. I don't understand how some do these things.

I can't even imagine these people if there was an actual food shortage, hell, the way they act on Black Fridays would give a good indication of how.

I just don't GET IT. I guess I never will. I just like things a lot simpler? I am simple? or I am a simpleton? LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Videos can't be viruses because you can't run a video as an executable file. You can only play a video with a video player. However, a virus can be embedded into a video and exploit a vulnerability in the video player itself.

Embedding a virus into a video is very rare, not very easy to do, and would only affect very few people. So, it's not feasible to embed a virus into a video when there are far more effective ways to disseminate a virus.

There are a couple/few videos that have malware embedded into them on YouTube. These videos are usually deleted as they're identified and a quick Google search will also detail which ones contained the malware. However, these videos use an exploit in Flash player to do harm on a user's system.

If you want to watch YouTube videos and be completely safe, you can download them with a YouTube downloader that can convert them into another format other than Flash.

edit on 6-2-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Theoretically, it would be possible for a site to put some sort of download on your computer when you watch a video. I kind of doubt this is happening yet, but Gangham Style could definitely be a test. I don't know if Psy has any other videos to release that would get any more views.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I understand that, but I meant embedding the 'keyword' into a destruct program within Microsoft itself, or to initiate a spyware at a certain time after the comp program has the sequence of the wording (ie: a name sequence like: 'Bob Dinkleyworsley pet snake') to then implant a virus.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I kind of doubt this is happening yet, but Gangham Style could definitely be a test. I don't know if Psy has any other videos to release that would get any more views.

Is what I meant,

I heard about the video for months but I have a (old) head trauma that makes me find some music or sounds truly painful.

I bet older people (ollllldddd) feel the same way about this type of music and how ridiculous it seems that most people enjoyed it. It truly hurt my brain (not in a headache way, a nerve-pulse way). To most people it brought joy I am sure, but to me ..it was truly like a wth IS THIS NOISEEE moment.

and I am not that old nor uncool.

*besides, you gotta wonder why a guy names psy (to us here we use the term in psyops) for a stupid video that millions of people pass along like a case of herpies.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If you're worried about that go with linux

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeliriumAquarium

I'm not worried about it, since I don't tend to view viral videos, I am slow that way, I get to them after the hype is over.

But most comp users are Microsoft compatable users, not using Linux or even Macs. Cells and Ipads the same, no?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, viral videos are sort of like a virus. hence the word Viral.

but I highly doubt the government is behind every viral video lol

www.interactmedia.com...

I do this for the advertising revenue myself. You can find a lot of info on what works and what doesn't. Pretty profitable too

post above me: android uses linux. most mac products are unix based.

edit on 6-2-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

You explained the nature of viral video success with one word. CURIOSITY.

you said it yourself. you don't get into these things, but your curiosity made you look.

You answered your own.. was it a question? I'm seeing others answers and I think I missed it, about a machine virus.

Umm.. no. there is no backdoor security code that is enabled or broken by watching a youtube video. Or putting in a search term.

When I was 15, long before the internet, I was helping my uncle fix the xt machine they had at their work. They had no clue. And asked me "Can I catch a virus from these things?" thinking the word VIRUS in PC terms was the same as a human virus.

We've not even moved on from there...

Hahaha oh dear god, and just as I am about to hit send, they're playing god damn gangnam style on the tv... It seems some terrorist in a water park has taught a seal to dance to it. Where is an obama drone when you need one

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oniraug

Profit aside, I mean by 'keyword' virus, vs something like a yr 2000 hype. A built in virus to be activated to incapacitate any computer it is viewed or sent/opened in email. Something that causes a roll-over to occur for a self-destruct by activation by a second activation (ie: another keyword in the a later newscast name).

I know ..it is far fetched but having one computer in a building's system that is affected it is far easier than knocking out a city and it's communications by a rolling-blackout by this means.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

winof(r)iend

you don't know that because you didn't write the number sequences that are enabled in the 'entirety' of the XP, Win 7, 8 and other (cloud) programs.

As you know all letters are numbered algorithms, and those have to be in place to cause a certain effect.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ok, l will look at it from another angle...

a Google search for "Adam Lanza" or "Gene Rosen" on any given day would be what nil to 2 in any given year....

and then the search goes to hundreds, thousands? hundreds of thousands? millions?

how many people do you assume Googled that name in the past month?? How many have looked up 'Jimmy Lee Dykes' or any other random name we have never heard of before?

Just wonderin'.

edit on 6-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

top topics

join