It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the AR15 was not designed as nor ever was a assault weapon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Any weapon or item that can be used to assault human or animal is classified as an "assault weapon", but only when used in an assault by an aggressor.

defense weapon IE; any weapon or item used to deflect and protect in defense of ones person.

all other nomenclature is irrelevant unless specified as hunting, target, display, collectible, military or demilitarized

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
I am trained in such a way (and i'm sure i'm not the only one here), that would allow me to kill several people per minute, with nothing more than a knife.....does that make a knife an assault weapon?

please think before you spew stupid crap..

So we don't need guns at all. We can use knives.

What is all this rubbish about needing guns to protect us from criminals and a tyrannical government?

This guy with a knife is all you need. No lie.

It seems to me that these snuggle guns are a waste of time in the hands of retards, and these automatic cuddle rifles are not required for rambos. I don't get all the fuss..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by ANNED

Can you explain the difference between a "Assault Weapon" and a AR type weapon.

What constitutes Assault?

I am a relative laymen when it comes to firearms. Perhaps clearer definition would help the issue.

Second question; Technically cant any firearm be used for military purposes?

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, as I did a quick look and didn't see where it was. The term "assault weapon" is nothing but a slang phrase, like "saturday night special" which describes how a gun looks, and it cannot be legally defined. Every time they try, they come up with nonsense.

Case in point- Connecticut had a "semiautomatic assault weapon" ban since 1994. They tried to define it by the number of military features a weapon had (I.E. bayonet lugs) but quickly found out it still didn't cover all the guns they wanted to ban (I.E. they wanted to ban UZIs but UZIs don't have bayonet lugs) so they had to resort to banning them by name. The end result was that manufacturers simply took off the bayonet lugs and they became legal again. One rifle, called the Mini-14 is illegal if it had a collapsible stock, but it's perfectly legal if it has a wood stock...even though it's literally the exact same rifle. The German HK91 is specifically mentioned by name so it's banned, but the Spanish CETME, which is almost literally the exact same design, is legal literally because it has a different name.

In short, "assault weapon" is literally any gun that you want to call an "assault weapon". Feinstein was intending to declare my P226 pistol an "assault weapon" because it has a threaded barrel for a recoil compensator. In NY my World War I Luger is an "assault weapon" because it's a semiautomatic weapon that can hold more than seven rounds. I keep asking how many school shootings were ever committed with a World War I Luger and I have yet to receive an answer.

Not even the word "retarded" can adequately describe this whole gun control bit going on now.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by Eshel
My biggest pet peeve has been repeated again.

Do you all know that "full auto" is incorrect when comparing an AR15 to an M16 ?

M16's my friends are not "full auto" anymore, they are 3 round burst.

If you're going to insist that people use correct nomenclature then please get ALL the facts straight.

Thank you.

Wrong.

M-16 A1s are full auto select and can still be purchased from the correct outlets many law enforcement agencies have them.

M-16 A2s are 3 round burst select and are the primary weapon for most US military.

The term assault weapon was coined for rifles that could lay down suppressive fire on the enemy giving cover for team members in squads to either advance or withdraw finding optimal vantage points. The military will always value marksmanship over the person who simply sends a barrage of bullets down range. Three round burst was incorporated sought by the military after Vietnam for 2 major reasons. One was that they found after the third round was fired in almost every instance the shooter would be sufficiently off target. Two soldiers in the field were going through ammo at an accelerated rate meaning soldiers would need to carry more with them on missions and the kill ratio had not increased to justify the excessive fire.

You are referring to the term ASSAULT RIFLE here, not ASSAULT WEAPON. The correct definition for "assault rifle" is a select fire rifle that chambered an intermediate powered cartridge, making it a short ranged rifle or a long ranged pistol, depending on how you look at it. Select fire weapons like the HK G3 and M14 that fired the full powered 7.62x51 were considered to be battle rifles rather than assault rifles.

An "Assault Weapon" on the other hand is whatever the gun grabbers using the phrase is trying to ban.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by projectvxn

And here is more hyperbole.

What makes any small arms a WMD?

edit on 6-2-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

What makes any small arms WMD,?????
When someone decides to stick a clip in it, aims and pulls the trigger into a crowd of people until it's empty then reload and continue....

I dont get the argument that because it doesn't fire "full auto" it's not a dangerous weapon or maybe not as dangerous as a full auto weapon...both weapons are just as deadly as the other in the wrong hands and i dont think you can separate one from the other by a switch that say's A.......

By using the word clip I can say with certainty that you have no idea what you are talking about....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So, let me try to understand this. If I take my semi automatic .223 deer rifle and put a pistol grip on it, and some other flashy GI Joe garbage, it becomes an uber lethal killer diller assault rifle?
So by that logic, if I grab my old sow and put lipstick and jewels on her, she becomes a senior Senator from Kalifornia, right?

edit on 28-3-2013 by spock51 because: wrong pronoun.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

You are correct.

The government also acknowledges this fact:

Personal Defense Weapons Solicitation

It is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items. 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join