It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Degrees of Predestination.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
there is the predestinated;
and then there is super predestination.

Regular predestined means being predetermined up until a certain point.

Super predestination is when a time traveler goes back into the past and continues to be predestined;Except multiple moments in time instead of just being predestined.

Its like the show lost where they end up time travelling to different parts of time; and the quantum mechanic faraday would say things like "whatever happened, happened."

That means someone could be predestined in the present moment to oneday in the future to time-travel back in time and become super predestined.

Then we have mega-predestination: as i dont have another word for it. this means that everything from the initial bing bang up until the future is predetermined from the initial energy.

So predestination must be free will. our free-will is predetermined; whatever actions we take is what is predetermined.
thats because the future has already happened.

Because the past present and future all exist together.

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."
-Albert Einstein-

Surprising as it may be to most non-scientists and even to some scientists, Albert Einstein concluded in his later years that the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. In 1952, in his book Relativity, in discussing Minkowski's Space World interpretation of his theory of relativity, Einstein writes:

Since there exists in this four dimensional structure [space-time] no longer any sections which represent "now" objectively, the concepts of happening and becoming are indeed not completely suspended, but yet complicated. It appears therefore more natural to think of physical reality as a four dimensional existence, instead of, as hitherto, the evolution of a three dimensional existence.

Einstein's belief in an undivided solid reality was clear to him, so much so that he completely rejected the separation we experience as the moment of now. He believed there is no true division between past and future, there is rather a single existence. His most descriptive testimony to this faith came when his lifelong friend Besso died. Einstein wrote a letter to Besso's family, saying that although Besso had preceded him in death it was of no consequence, "...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."

Albert Eistein on fabric of time
edit on 5-2-2013 by Belcastro because: accidental

edit on 5-2-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Interesting.

Originally posted by Belcastro
our free-will is predetermined

This statement is a contradiction. Free will implies no predetermination. Predetermination implies no free will. It seems to me you are trying to say there is no free will, but you don't want to say it.

I am intrigued though by the idea that the past, present, and future all exists simultaneously.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

Interesting.

Originally posted by Belcastro
our free-will is predetermined

This statement is a contradiction. Free will implies no predetermination. Predetermination implies no free will. It seems to me you are trying to say there is no free will, but you don't want to say it.

I am intrigued though by the idea that the past, present, and future all exists simultaneously.

what i mean is that our councious present moment just happens to turn out to be predestined.

i like to say " History repeats itself but truth is we can change the future."
if we could gain knowledge of the future then we could possibly create a new timeline or alternate reality by taking different steps than the knowledge gained from the Future.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Again you state another contradiction, if your life is predestined, any of your attempts to gain knowledge of the future are also predestined. Then, any changes you make to change the future would also be predestined.

You even say the future has already happened, so this points to the fact that there would be only predestination and no free will.

I think your definition of predestation is different from mine and that is where the mix up is. My understanding is free will and predestination are mutually exclusive; both can't exist together. Predestination is any scenario where your future has been planned out for you and you can't change it. Free will is where there is no future planned out, and you are in complete control of what you do in your life.

If your life is predestined, you have no free will. Free will as a concept would not exist.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Surprising as it may be to most non-scientists and even to some scientists, Albert Einstein concluded in his later years that the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously.

That is correct. It is called NOW. Einstein saw through the illusion of the concept of past, future and present, which are all concepts of the mind but not reality in themselves.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Thought: Do not think being predestined is the only thing. There are lots of things combined that makes life. Don't get lost. It might be a bit like the ways of God. They are unfantomable.

To also take into account, synchronicity vs. predestination.

So you don't get lost.

join