It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran set to show off new jet, home made !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That is a combination of the Sukhoi T-50, and the F-22. The engines and parts of the fuselage match up to the T-50, and the wings match up to the F-22.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The above could pass for Raptors from some angles.....
I for one, am excited just a little bit.....sort of between expecting an F-4 phantom with swept wings.....to a J 10 variant.....
Well see tomale.....!!

First guy with a picture puleaase post immediatel;y......

edit on 1-2-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm with Zaphod on this. Iran isn't one to be laughed off or under-estimated. This is NO Iraq or Libya that relied almost entirely on imports to have anything to fight with. Iran has a very mature and long developed domestic arms industry and production base. They've become masters at taking what should be hangar queens good for nothing but spare parts and making serviceable aircraft to last far longer than anyone would imagine. That kind of ingenuity is what has served OUR OWN history so well in so many instances.

Sure...Their Navy and flying boats look silly to the point of outright laughable. However, even there, there is nothing funny about what I see. Oh, sure, I laughed at first....then I got to asking myself..WHY? When they have what may as well be unlimited funds they COULD devote ...why come up with that crap?

Well... when you're ENTIRE naval strategy revolves around the control of a choke point and THAT is largely based around mining it repeatedly over a sustained and prolonged conflict? You want boats that can operate in that VERY hostile environment of their own making ......when no one else can either safely or quickly. They can buzz around our mine sweeps like gnats on a summer day and lose 90% of their whole force if need be, while still sinking our clearing vessels.

Iranians don't have near the cutting edge tech we do, but they've been exceptionally clever in how they compensate for that. They've also watched, front row center seats for recording our full capabilities across THREE wars now, right on their borders, with the luxury of watching while under no threat. I'll bet they haven't missed much for strength and weakness.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wonder if they are going to be Stealthy now that they have our drone and have had time to back engineer it for some tricks of the trade. In the articles I read the drone they captured was one of the latest and greatest produced by America.

I wonder if the plane will have painted on the bottom... THANK YOU UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

That is an akranoplane, designed to skim over the water at high speed, the Russians were very keen on them and designed some that could transport several tanks. Google Caspian Sea monster.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Actually, the RQ-170 was a filler. They needed something to fill the stealthy ISR role until their new platforms came online. That's why they only bought 20 of them. It's based somewhat on the Lockheed Polecat design, and from evidence I've seen is largely an "off the shelf" type design. Yes, some aspects of it are newer, and more advanced, but since it was only meant to fill a gap for a short period of time, they went cheap where they could.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

It may say that but if they were to do that, it would probably be hidden in a string of characters created by one of our own encryption methods. I mean if you're going to prove you know things......

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by spy66

That is a combination of the Sukhoi T-50, and the F-22. The engines and parts of the fuselage match up to the T-50, and the wings match up to the F-22.

True it looks like a bit of everything. But i think they have based a lot on the frame in the image below, and made som adjustments.

Here is a image of the jet mock up on display.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I did not know plywood planes could fly.

Hey, you leave plywood planes alone, remember the Spruce Goose, or more important and a tad more successful the UK DH Mossie, one of the fastest prop planes of ww2 and used on early spy missions, flying high, cold and fast over Germany, unarmed!

And not a bad looking plane either.

www.mossie.org...

homepage.ntlworld.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

And one is still flying, not bad for some thin wood and glue!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The Iranians have revealed the mock-up. The flying footage will simply be a scale model. Many projects such as this start out with flying scale models. The mock-up is very poorly built. Looks like a University project!

theaviationist.com...
edit on 2/2/2013 by tommyjo because: Malformed link corrected

Better quality footage at following. Flying footage still resembles scale model flight test.

edit on 2/2/2013 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

This mock up is probably just made of plastic used for displays only. We had a plastic mock up of the F-35 on display in Norway. I dont think we are the only once that have seen the model mock up of the F-35 on disply.

I dont think we should pay much attention to what this mock up is made of just yet.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
They have based their whole defense around having to fight countries with firepower the likes of which they've never seen. Going to war with Iran will teach the United States we've had it easy toppling countries and spreading "freedom"

Those flying boats are a joke yes but they dont come up with the missle capabilities by being stupid.

You say their flying boats are a "joke" without ever seeing their avionics, construction, coatings or weapons. You do realize that the role of the aircraft determines all those factors?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
And here it is in a mainstream source

As covered by RT

rt.com...

Zaphod - I still owe you a response - I'm still awaiting getting to a system where I can u2u you - I've not forgotten

Sory just seen tommyjoe got it out there
edit on 2-2-2013 by Neocrusader because: Add

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I´m no expert in avionics but I work on cars and aerodynamic all the time. You seem to be an expert in such matters, could you take a look at the place where the cabin meets, I doubt the actuator on the back of the cabin that holds the glas shield will be enough to keep it on the plane, I don´t see any locks for it either. Or is this just a model, it looks so unreal. No seams or tans on the bird.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

This is what came to my mind as soon as I saw this Javelin like a buddy of mine has.
Are there any photos out of the Iranian model yet?

elitedaily.com...

ETA: Disregard, I just noticed tommyjo's post.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You underestimate Irans overall military capability it seems.

hahaahahahahahaahaah Against us, Iran would be like taking on the state of Delaware (except the Delaware Air Guard is light years better than Iran too).

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The last home made "naval vessel" they showed off was a laughing stock.

When they figure out how to make gasoline from their own crude oil it'll finally be a Iranian accomplishment....(they cant).

They don't have an Air Force and they don't have a Navy. Justa bunch of scud style missiles and sea mines they'll never be able to use.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StareDad

I would say this is probably about a 3/4 scale mockup. You can see it's unfinished if you look at certain areas of it. The instrument panel doesn't mesh up with the cockpit front panel, and it appears to not have much wiring behind it.

As for the design itself, it appears to be a mashup of several aircraft rolled into one. The vertical fins appear to be similar to the F-35, the nose looks similar to the F-22, and I can kind of see a couple others in there. It'll be interesting to see what kind of power they can get with those small intakes, and that exhaust. It looks like it's going to use something similar to what the F-5 uses, but with those tiny intakes it might be hard pressed to produce any kind of serious power. I've never seen an engine without some kind of exhaust nozzle, so that'll be interesting to see what that does for them.

All in all a rather interesting design. I'm not sure how well it'll stand up as it is now, and I suspect that once they start flying it they're going to have to make a few changes to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
before you get the idea this is a back yard home built , it is not it is the way it is head lined english.farsnews.com...
from the link

Iran to Unveil New Home-Made Fighter Jet Tomorrow

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran plans to unveil its new home-made fighter jet in an official ceremony due to be held tomorrow.
that being Saturday the 2nd of Feb 2013
edit on 1-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

I can only imagine...

I guess they're in a hurry to make more targets for Bibi.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You want boats that can operate in that VERY hostile environment of their own making ......when no one else can either safely or quickly. They can buzz around our mine sweeps like gnats on a summer day and lose 90% of their whole force if need be, while still sinking our clearing vessels.

What defense does that flying boat have against F-18E/F's, Saudi and Bahraini F-15's and 16's, much less F-22's? Why would the minesweepers go in without air cover? It's mostly brown water submarines which are a big problem, and US attack submarines a problem for them too.

And in the end, all of Iran's money comes in and out through the Gulf too---closing it is like suffocating oneself as punishment.

Iranians don't have near the cutting edge tech we do, but they've been exceptionally clever in how they compensate for that. They've also watched, front row center seats for recording our full capabilities across THREE wars now, right on their borders, with the luxury of watching while under no threat. I'll bet they haven't missed much for strength and weakness.

And vice versa? The U.S. military has experience fighting three wars. When it first faced the only serious army (Gulf War I), it deployed a previously undisclosed aircraft which knifed through what was a fairly decent Soviet air defense system in Baghdad.

edit on 2-2-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join