It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Person, Religion or Masonic Knowledge Can Answer 'How' or 'Why' We Are Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012
[

My theory is that this life is a test and we needed to come here to get a physical body. If you believe in christian theology you know that Christ took his body up again the third day signifying the importance of the body and told his apostles "a spirit hath not flesh and bones as ye see me have".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Meaningful knowledge for the individual comes through personal experiences and experiences come to those who step outside their preconceived ideas and fears. I know why I'm here, who I am, where I come from, where I'm going and I don't need some couch sage to tell me I don't know zilch. Each of us has got their own story of why, where, how, and you can't just apply the same story to everyone else. IMHO

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I Greet You!
Awesome post. talk bout step on toe's(ego's) and the wide spectrum of religions seeming to be a waste of time. One time while I was in college, there was this professor and one day in class it was open dicussion he brought up the suggestive title for the day, Why are we here?
He even said, no one is right and no one is wrong, but the conversations and arguements that went on way beyond the specified time for the class.
In them days, new age kind of thinking was not the way the mass was involved. We had many representations of religions, scientific beliefs and those that claimed to not believe in anything.
I wonder how that subject would of done today.
Human beings are so vain, I heard that many times believing they are more important than anything, that is so bad that no one is ever going to respect each others ways. Never going to just make the best of what they have, always making everything compilcated. When human beings say they are making life better for everyone and impose their ways on others, it takes away their so called intent to help. Help what and how? Apparently, this imaginary need was instilled in them to act.
Like I was saying awesome post, going to stop and watch.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We are here to experience "free will".

We have the choice to be
serving the self, or
serving the other.

See the 2nd line of my signature.
It answered MANY of my "important" questions !!

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Good OP. s&f I guess we are here because we are not somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Thats because the question why we are here is an idiotic question. How, on the other hand, is an answerable question that science is continualy making progress on.

its like asking why do mountains exist?.... or what is the color of pride? What does blue taste like? ...

Just because alot of people ask stupid questions doesnt mean that those questions have any value. Of course i dont expect this to convince anyone, what i expect is for them to hang on to these pitifull questions and then kill themselves when they come to grips with the illusion of their fantasies.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I know why. I actually do know, and it's not complicated or dramatic or any more profound a reason than why anything at all is what it is or does what it does. It's based on exactly the same imperatives.

Human minds have this inane need for supernormal magnification of whatever it is that they've become a part of, so of course they've jazzed their own "reason for existence" to a level of conflation that required the invention of concepts like "holy" and "divine" to help jump the majesty of their own relative significance to stratospheric heights. They've even invented a step-'n-fetch deity that obsesses over them, a tortured beast that's driven to committing the most psychotic and horrific acts if its malignant love isn't precisely returned with sufficient amplitudes of writhing devotion by them as if they're the most treasured of all creations possible.

The whole farce is pathetic on its face, and as the years continue to reveal the entire charade as increasingly implausible, the strident devotion to it grows increasingly disturbing and tragic. I wonder when the tipping point will finally arrive, when the lights will come on (like the brutal overheads in a bar at 2:30 AM to reveal just how horrid everyone actually looks without the make-up of cloaking darkness) and everyone will suddenly realize just how ridiculous they look as they genuflect to their own inflated delusional sense of self as the coveted bride-to-be of their imaginary superman king?

Hell, this sort of foolishness should have passed into fiction centuries ago, and yet it persists and even grows more stubbornly virulent since the advent of overwhelming amounts of free information at everyone's fingertips.

Amazing. Sad, but amazing.

edit on 2/1/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Congrats to you coughsarcasm cough, sounds like you got it all figured out.

I really hope that in the afterlife, they have front row seats that allow souls to see the look on the faces of the freshly deceased when they realize everything they ever thought was right, is wrong. Thats gotta be priceless

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well let's look at existence and see what's going on. Certainly you would agree that existence evolves. Obviously it's evolving for reasons and will continue to evolve. Problems occur, and solutions arise in our existence. It's not perfect here, but as a collective we're trying to work out the kinks.

We're definitely heading somewhere. Scientists are already talking about an age coming soon with no disease, super long lives, advanced intellect, most problems solved (pollution, over population, green, wars, etc) merging with machines, etc

There is definitely some Universal point/purpose to all this. If there wasn't then none of this would be here. I know I usually don't do things if there is no point or purpose to it.

I have a problem treating "existence" like it is a thing. Existing is a verb. A verb needs a subject to do the action. Man, as a subject, can do the existing. It is man that has evolved, and not existence. I mean, this is me being overly pedantic and concerned with semantics, but it is nonetheless true. "Is", "being", to be etc. are all verbs which require a subject to do them.

Maybe by existence you mean the universe, or more simply, everything. I would agree that the universe evolves. Everything is always in a state of flux and change, and as a result will always be different moment by moment. But there is no universal progress that isn't fundamentally guided by chaos and chaotic forces. If there was a universal purpose to the universe, it could only be chaos, for anything that appears to be systematic can be torn down instantly by chaos.

But maybe you mean man's relationship with this universe, the way he interacts with it, his context within it and so forth. I would also agree that this relationship has evolved alongside the evolution of man. As man evolved, so to does the refinement of his systems of knowledge, which alters his way of looking at things. Therefore man's idea of purpose or a universal point has also changed alongside what he considers knowledge.

But what is considered a purpose by man, is only ever just a purpose, fathomed, created and applied by man to his relationship to the universe, and not endowed by universe itself.

I do think it's necessary to create purpose, but only for practical reasons. And we shouldn't assume there is a purpose outside of human intent, because nothing at all shows this.

We differ in opinion because there is nothing conclusive that proves either of us wrong. This in itself is quite telling. Our idea of purpose is different, showing that it is dependent on what we make of our relationship with the universe.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I changed my views on OT god, yahweh, weeks ago. I believe he is just a symbol of karma. If we only do evil things, sooner or later, in this life or next, we will be punished.

The giving of tithes or sacrifices to him prob tell us to not have strong attachments to things like money, person, etc

Unfortunately, like you said, modern people made this god 'real' and use his name to spread terrors physically and psychologically. They interpret anything metaphorical in bible to be the words of god and historical facts.

To be fair, we should understand that they're sleeping (auto piloted by their egos). We can help them by waking them up. Forcing our beliefs to them is very difficult these days, but we can use their 'mind prisons' against them like movies, games, etc (Example: The Matrix, Cloud Atlas, etc)
edit on 2-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Sorry but your wrong op.

I remember pre-existing, prior to being born in a body. This remembrance came from years of inner work, meditation, spiritual grace, etc.

You should read up on near death experiences to get a better pic of what's going on

And let me guess,

You are right

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

It is likely because there is no 'why.'

There is a "why" we are here

and its so simple that everyone is doing it all the time, even in there sleep.

Its called, wait for it

Experience,

The reason we are here is to experience.

The How, is another story and cannot be explained as easily for all to understand as the why is.

When we attempt to describe the why's and how's of the universe, we are at best describing our minds and our human processes.

Only if one complexes the answer, the bottom line, the simplest of the simple is we are here to experience all there is to experience and the tests are our reactions or non reactions to these experiences we encounter.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

No Person, Religion or Masonic Knowledge Can Answer 'How' or 'Why' We Are Here
If not Here then Where?..Nowhere?...To feel Nothing?

and Why?

Because your unicity...in front of Life

Oh and you do not want to see the darkness I mean the...Nowhere.

Why not?

Have you seen or experienced the darkness, the nowhere?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
sure I can

you can't prove me wrong

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The process is made far more complicated by people with an agenda.

Why are you here?

The answer is so simple, it is beyond silly. The reason you are here to have experiences, experiences that are created by living in the game we call - light. That's it, no more, no less. You find all manner of unique ways to express, experience and learn about the game you are playing, including forgetting you are playing at all, but in the end it is all about playing the game. There is nothing more then that. Ask yourself, why does one "play" football? To experience the experience of football - that's it. Life is the same, only far more complex.

Simple, you are "here" to be "here" have the experience of "here," and, by the way, you are having a WHOLE LOT of "here" experiences other then this one you are focused on while reading, and they are all happening right now too.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I have a problem treating "existence" like it is a thing. Existing is a verb. A verb needs a subject to do the action. Man, as a subject, can do the existing. It is man that has evolved, and not existence. I mean, this is me being overly pedantic and concerned with semantics, but it is nonetheless true. "Is", "being", to be etc. are all verbs which require a subject to do them.

All rules man, all made up ......tell me where is the official universal rule book that states as a universailty that Existence isn't doing the existing ...only a subject can.

You said it yourself:

we are merely giving names to things, providing interpretations and not really answering anything.

So the next part of your statement also is trash based on the your own statement above. You destroyed your own definitions:

But there is no universal progress that isn't fundamentally guided by chaos and chaotic forces. If there was a universal purpose to the universe, it could only be chaos, for anything that appears to be systematic can be torn down instantly by chaos.

I used to think the same way too. All chaos, no meanings, everything is pointless. Then I looked around and saw that everything is categorized and grouped. All knowledge compartmentalized. If we are going to ask the whys and for what purpose, there are only a few branches of thought that tackle this: science, philosophy, religion.

If you check out science, then yes if you only stick to that than your whole basis relies on the findings of science, and thus far, for them, everything is chaos.

Philosophy. So many angles, so many views, so much to study. Many say their is purpose, while a few say there isn't.

Religion. So many different ones. Exoteric and esoteric, all trying to come up with the answer.

For myself, I've investigated all of the above and it was Philosophy and Esotericism that revealed to me direct experiences of non-localised consciousness, of being out of the body, of remembering having pre-existed. I'm all set. I'm good to go. The insights, experiences, and realizations I have gained have permanently put to death any ideas of all of this being all chaos and no purpose.

I've seen we are intrinsically Consciousness, and not the body or the mind. We as consciousness have pre-existed prior to earth life and there is a source to consciousness. So I'm done, I'm complete. There is not much else for me here to say. I don't even have to say I know I'm right, cause there is a built in truth based self defense mechanism in every individual, and it is based on physical death. When the physical vessel dies, then you will see the truth and you'll learn directly that everything isn't chaos.

Feck it, there I said it. Death is the ultimate truth bearer and some get to find out what is really going on before hand. I'll even go so far as to say this. I'm willing to bet my job, all my bank savings, truck, house, everything I own and everyone I know, and my physical life here .......all my chips on the table to bet that what I have seen and stated above is true.

Are you willing to stake the same for chaos and 0 purpose? That's the ultimate test.

But what is considered a purpose by man, is only ever just a purpose, fathomed, created and applied by man to his relationship to the universe, and not endowed by universe itself.

Wrong again. There are soul purposes and fates. People do certain things because they feel it burning in their souls that they should be doing that specific thing. The way De Niro was born to act, Beatles born to perform, Unser Jr. born to race ...I can go on for a long time.... and can add that I too was born to find the truth, where-ever that may be ......and I found it in Philosophy and Esotericism ...all of which point to the direct experience of the Absolute, of Oneness, of consciousness as the starting and ending point.

I do think it's necessary to create purpose, but only for practical reasons. And we shouldn't assume there is a purpose outside of human intent, because nothing at all shows this.

The above statement is your own projection. If there is a purpose outside human intent, which I argue is obvious all around us, then it exists regardless of you projecting otherwise.

We differ in opinion because there is nothing conclusive that proves either of us wrong. This in itself is quite telling. Our idea of purpose is different, showing that it is dependent on what we make of our relationship with the universe.

There are conclusive factors. They can be found in Zen, Buddhism, Mystical Christianity, Nondualist Philosophy, Socrates, Empedocles, Sufism, and various other forms of thought. IF your skepticism keeps you from penetrating the depths of those schools of thought, then all that's logically left is projected chaos

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The process is made far more complicated by people with an agenda.

Why are you here?

The answer is so simple, it is beyond silly. The reason you are here to have experiences, experiences that are created by living in the game we call - light. That's it, no more, no less. You find all manner of unique ways to express, experience and learn about the game you are playing, including forgetting you are playing at all, but in the end it is all about playing the game. There is nothing more then that. Ask yourself, why does one "play" football? To experience the experience of football - that's it. Life is the same, only far more complex.

Simple, you are "here" to be "here" have the experience of "here," and, by the way, you are having a WHOLE LOT of "here" experiences other then this one you are focused on while reading, and they are all happening right now too.

Thank you sir

Beautifully worded

Star for you You Crankyoldman

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Congrats to you coughsarcasm cough, sounds like you got it all figured out.

I really hope that in the afterlife, they have front row seats that allow souls to see the look on the faces of the freshly deceased when they realize everything they ever thought was right, is wrong. Thats gotta be priceless

I plan on setting up exactly that sort of game room when I get there.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20
I've come to the conclusion humans are here simple to kill each other, its the only thing they do and have continued to do for thousands of years.

Kind of sad really, that humans are the only known species to actively and knowingly kill their own kind for any number of stupid reason.

The truth is people won't last, they are too violent - I'd give humans a few hundred years

Monkeys do this too. But, you've hit on the truth. We are just as much a part of nature's design as every other living thing. We are here to eat and/or be eaten. THAT is the nature of life on this planet.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Anyone who claims they know the truth are lying to themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join