It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Some Cheering Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I s/f you to cheer you up

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Happened to me as well. Maybe this will make you smile. My brother saw who he was sure was his ex and thought she was pregnant when they broke up many years earlier. She had a child with her. He got on line and looked and looked and searched and called everywhere. No luck. He just could not locate Mary.

One day, he ran into an old classmate asking him if he knew whatever happend to her. "Didnt you hear?" he replied to my brother. My bro thought the worse. "No! What happened to Mary?" "Man! Mary is now LARRY! She had a sex change!" He was defeated and bummed for days. Hope that helps a bit.

And me? After I had reconnected with a kindergarden thru 12th grade female neighbor I knew all my life, we began talking of everything and anything. One day, I couldnt reach her at all. A few months later, one of her fiends...going thru her emails...contacted me and said she had passed away. She had become an alcoholic, knew she was dying, and never told me about her cirrosis.

That shook me quite a bit. She is in a better place now...your friend too. Death is one thing we all face. Im sorry for your loss. Best....MS

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I empathize. I've a couple near to me not too long ago. Hope this helps to bring a little laughter.

Funny Magic

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry that's happened to you, I've had the experience of losing old friends too. One of my ex-boyfriends (from when I was like 14) passed away last year and while we weren't ever really in love or anything, I felt horrible because he left a sweet daughter behind. It makes me stop and think about my own children and I have to hold them closer. Here is a picture of my baby donkey, hope she cheers you up.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you can watch this and not laugh, then you aren't human.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I feel your pain beth! I just found out today that one of my best friends passed away on the 17th. She lost her battle with pancreatic cancer. 39 year old mother of 2 little boys with her whole life in front of her. My day is shot.

I saw your thread earlier today and wanted to post this video the help you. Now I think I need it too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join