It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need Some Cheering Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
On a whim,I decided to try and find an old love online.It didn't take very long
for me to find him...I found his obituary,he had passed away two years ago.
Sometimes looking back into your past is not always the best thing to do.
You know that you are getting old when you start finding your old friends
in the obituaries.
I would really appreciate any fun posts,cards or whatever.I am a little down
in the dumps right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
On a whim,I decided to try and find an old love online.It didn't take very long
for me to find him...I found his obituary,he had passed away two years ago.
Sometimes looking back into your past is not always the best thing to do.
You know that you are getting old when you start finding your old friends
in the obituaries.
I would really appreciate any fun posts,cards or whatever.I am a little down
in the dumps right now.

Sorry to hear about your discovery. That happened to me TWICE. Google name>find obituary. Not fun.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Thank-you so much for understanding and knowing
how it feels.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear these. It is very hard to cope with such things.

Time eventually heals all wounds.

Much Love,
Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Sorry for your loss mamabeth. Even when we haven't seen someone in many years it still hurts when you find out you will never see them again. Every time I see someone I knew long ago listed in the obituaries I always think "Why didn't I stay in touch? Now I'll never get the chance to see them again." Then I realize that we all move on and it could just as easily be someone else thinking that about me, so I pray for them and give thanks that I'm still standing. It is better to think about them just as you last saw them, and you can smile...and remember the good times.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Im so sorry Beth.

I get down at times.. usually stupid cat vids or pranks cheer me up. I dont even really like cats.. but they are weird twisty creatures. LOL!

This is my most favorite husband vs wife prank

Be well Beth

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I looked up a childhood best friend last year who I had known since I was about 5 but he moved to Okla when he was 15.
I found his obit also then I found out how he died from another site. It was a site that family members could put the names down of people that died due to opiate OD's, he OD'd on oxycontin in 00, then I found his older sisters name on there, she OD'd 2 years later.
Felt so bad for his poor mom and dad, losing two kids in two years.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about that. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

If this doesn't bring a smile to your face, nothing will:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks everybody,I am going to bed now.I don't think I will
try and look up anymore past loves again.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This thread is dangerous, it's full of cats.
I gotta move on to a safer place.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Darn.. she went to bed..

well for the morning, ya cant NOT smile whne you see this mug. LOL!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This may not work for you but something that overpowers pain with me is "Ode To Joy" by Beethoven . If you want a light version of it that's quite cheerful go to U Tube and look for Ode To Joy Croatia . Look for a rocky island and time at 4m 31s , it's a promo but it's very good .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I wasn't looking for a love interest, but a friend of mine has been posting pics on Facebook of our 20 year reunion back in '96 and I was surprised to find out how many of them were not with us any more. I had no idea, some of the nicest, kindest people I remember from school have been gone for 10 or more years from cancer, accidents etc. that it just seems surreal. I had no idea, and now to find out they've been gone so long, I can't explain the way it makes me feel.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

One dopey mutt for your pleasure

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I learned online that 2 of my exes died in fires, one was in The Station Night Club blaze 10yrs ago in RI. The other died with her 2 children in a car fire after an 18 wheeler crashed into them.

So to the ladies out there.... you got a good chance of living a long life if you don't break up with me. Better chance if you steer clear of me completely.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I learned online that 2 of my exes died in fires, one was in The Station Night Club blaze 10yrs ago in RI. The other died with her 2 children in a car fire after an 18 wheeler crashed into them.

So to the ladies out there.... you got a good chance of living a long life if you don't break up with me. Better chance if you steer clear of me completely.

Jesus man, that horrible. If your every in my neck of the woods and the evil ghost of Rod Blagojevich doesn't get you first your always welcome at my table, any time of the day or night! Count on it!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Jesus man, that horrible. If your every in my neck of the woods and the evil ghost of Rod Blagojevich doesn't get you first your always welcome at my table, any time of the day or night! Count on it!

He's a ghost? Or is he doing astral projection from prison?

Thanks Helious, you are also welcome at my table anytime.
You're one of the rare voices of clarity and truth here.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss…

Hope this upbeat/downbeat song, helps to cheer you up…

Peace be with you…

- JC

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Awww, so sorry to hear such sad news. Here's wishing you strength and peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Same thing happened with me. All my ex- boyfriends from highschool on, except one, all passed away. My greatest highschool love had married and had 3 children. I found out he passed when I found his childs' obit, and it said, "preceeded in death by his father, Sr."

It gave me pause to think what I would have gone through if life had gone differently for me. I would have been the one to possibly lose a spouse, and then a child.

That, in itself, made me greatful that things had turned out the way they had. I still have my family, and particularly, my spouse.

In all cases, though, I left them or we broke up due to major differences in lifestyle choices. It looks like I made the wiser decisions, so I was able to find a semblance of comfort in that.

One remaining ex boyfriend has been in and out of jails and prisons ever since. I was 17, and that was a long time ago. He looks much older than 50 due to his lifestyle choices. I am quite simply amazed he wasn't one of the first, to be honest.

I say to take the time to reflect where you were in life, and where you are now. Those relationships didn't work for a reason. Sometimes, you can see the hand of fate at work.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join