It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Continues to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Imagewerx
reply to post by Infi8nity

A "normal" LED can't be used as a microphone.It is encased in solid plastic,doesn't have a diaphragm and doesn't generate a voltage when exposed sound waves.No matter how much tech they put into the humble LED,it'll still be a diode that emits light and nothing else..

Google

What am I Googling for,instead of one word answers can you provide the evidence you mentioned please?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
I don't see the big deal, if you don't like it don't buy the iphone. Its not being forced on anyone.

You are yet another poster who didnt bother reading the OP. This is about other peoples phones being able to spy on YOU. It works whether you have an iphone or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ogbert

Edit to add: At least with location services-the phone does ask you if you will allow an app to use your location, even when the services are on in the user preferences. Developers must also give the reason as to why the app needs your location within the code.

Every second app these days requires my location and Im asking "why would this "one joke a day"-app require my location? Why would this flashlight app require my location? Many dont really. Except maybe for marketing purposes. The subtle conditioning seems to be "we know where you are at all times".
edit on 30-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Are you thinking of "The Light of Other Days"?

Reading that felt like reading an encyclopedia with a plot line, scared me a little near the end. With the wormhole cam you could watch your anyone (even an Ex
), even watch her yesterday.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Not really sure if it does help, but the one smart phone I do have was free on a contract. So with the contract I took the SIM out of the smart phone and use it in my slide phone, an old phone. I took the smart phone just to carry for having wifi when you find yourself in waiting rooms, things like that, and to have a really good big MP Camera that was thin an fit in my pocket. I don't imagine one could be tracked that way? No card in, not 'usable' phone.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAbstract
reply to post by RandyBragg

Just as well as facebook is not forced on anyone, yet I increasingly notice more and more sites which won't allow me register and express my opinion if I don't have a facebook account, or a google+ one.

Yeah and you are not forced to have those things either. I don't have any and im just fine.

I agree with you, my friend, I'm fine without all that # too. But I just feel like I'm being squeezed out of the infospace, the same way we are gonna be squeezed out of the society if we reject the orwellian stuff coming up. But I get your point, we have to accept being renegades, right? Your avatar makes me feel my assumption is right.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CashStronomer
reply to post by Skyfloating

Are you thinking of "The Light of Other Days"?

Reading that felt like reading an encyclopedia with a plot line, scared me a little near the end. With the wormhole cam you could watch your anyone (even an Ex
), even watch her yesterday.

Yes thank you...that was it. Its been 10 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by semperfortis

1. If people don't want to be spied on, they should not by the tech that allows it

In this case its other peoples phones that can spy on us with their "smart cameras".

Exactly. We can't control what others do.

Its like Facebook. If you don't want Facebook, your family members and friends who do, somehow put you in it anyways. They enable features like tagging photos with facial recognition etc.

I hate FaceTime on the apple devices and the other day I had to outright forbid any face timing being done from my home. I don't like that everything I'm saying or doing in the background or views of the inside of my home are being broadcasted to who knows who on the other end. I just don't like it and think its kind of rude to do that. They don't think its rude because its so common to do this now.

So I wonder how the new camera in this op would tie into the stupid face timing, Facebooking and twittering etc.

In my opinion the smartphones and aforementioned social media were invented so we're all carrying around devices that aid in locating our whereabouts and monitoring our activities 24/7. You can say you don't want one but somebody right beside you does.

The Siri feature keeps track of appointments etc. you're telling it where you're gonna be on what date, what time, who you will see, call or text and these people are put into the data centre whether they wanted to be or not.

You don't have as much control as you think you might by refusing to use these
edit on 30-1-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why bother with picures.

If they are tracking people a simple electronic transaction would reveal all.

It really is just to create a diversion.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18

Originally posted by tearuone
Incredible, what can they hope to achieve with such moves. I am
a big apple fan but this stuff has me worried for the future of Apple. I
wonder if Steven Jobs knew.

Of course he knew, he was probably behind a lot of the tech. He always said the iPhone was never to be turned off, and it was the software that made Apple "better" then the rest in his opinion. Anyone can build an iPhone, but will it be as smart as one? It is disturbing thinking that they can watch or listen to what phones can see and hear, and that Apple uses a non-removable battery.

Off topic, did anyone know iDevices use a tiny hard drive and not a microchip for storing data? That's pretty cool considering what a hard drive physically does, and how much storage those iDevices can have.

Its also storing data in the iCloud. Stuff you don't always need to store in the devices.

Even when you delete photos right off the iPhone or iPads camera roll, there's still an album called photos that keeps every photo you ever took with the camera, or saved, installed.

Then there's the Places album in Photos that's storing every place you took a photo at. It shows a map with pins, click on the pin and see how many photos were taken at that location. I just found photos in this places album thing I took with my old iPhone. I didn't realize I transferred this over. I'm assuming this happened because I had photo stream turned on with these photos trying to push them through to my iPad for easier viewing and emailing. As well as iCloud and location services enabled. I think. Not sure but this places album was added in one of the recent apple iOS updates.
Edit: The location services however are not enabled for the camera. The list of what I'm enabling is only 'on' for the weather. Having features turned off obviously doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
RIM, Research in Motion, has announced this service for its newest Blackberry and already has some of the large credit card companies involved, I believe.

All of the major players will have this service before long, I should think.
edit on 30-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Well of course you can always wrap it in aluminum foil when you want privacy

Seriously, that's simple and hard to defeat.

What use is wrapping my phone in tinfoil when my neighbor can use RFID to peer into my house?

Thanks, I''ve printed this and put it on my office wall. Brilliant. RFID to peer into a house, and also infrared technology which is so outdated - there is bluetooth? wifi? near field thingy and lots of better ones. Infrared needs line of sight.

RFID to peer into someone elses house is a really really whacky thing to be saying. Don't be silly please.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Apple Continues to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices

www.patentlyapple.com

On January 24, 2013, the US Patent & Trademark Office published a patent application from Apple that reveals a possible next chapter for Apple's iDevice cameras. In 2011 we posted a controversial patent report titled "Apple working on a Sophisticated Infrared System for iOS Cameras." The report covered how future iDevices could be used as an auto tour guide in a museum and how infrared technology would be able to shut off a future iDevice camera at live events. Today's patent is in that same vein as it focuses on how future iDevice cameras will be able to identify objects such as a paintin
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.manufacturing.net

It cannot be done at the moment - it is 100% totally and utterly IMPOSSIBLE to shut off any iDevice with infrared. And the same almost any other phone ever made. You cannot do it.

So, we can all relax now and stop blaming Apple, because for every patent placed by a phone company, another phone company does almost exactly the same thing - so can we now also pick on Google, Samsung, Sony and the others.

Yes, yes, I know, TBPB, you'll all say, they can do anything! Yeah, ok, I'll await that reply...

edit on 30-1-2013 by ted4d because: (removed reference to future)

second edit - in future, sure, anything is possible. but, it's still not possible in real life and there is nothing for any of us to loose sleep over.
edit on 30-1-2013 by ted4d because: (no reason given)

3rd edit! I came back to edit with a bit less negativity. But I just read another post about an LED being used as a microphone. Now thinking I should put the rude sarcastic condescending stuff back in.......
edit on 30-1-2013 by ted4d because: further amended!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I don't see the big deal, if you don't like it don't buy the iphone. Its not being forced on anyone.

You are yet another poster who didnt bother reading the OP. This is about other peoples phones being able to spy on YOU. It works whether you have an iphone or not.

Not really.
It does not mention anything about spying on people, can you post that part of the article without making anything up?
edit on 30-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Off topic, did anyone know iDevices use a tiny hard drive and not a microchip for storing data? That's pretty cool considering what a hard drive physically does, and how much storage those iDevices can have.

Not true actually, there is no hard drive in iPhones. Similar, but not really.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
App developers I know fall into 2 categories: 1) Those who have these smartphones 2) Those who choose not to have them.

The people who know how these smartphones work know that they are tracking devices, pure and simple. The difference between the people who keep the phones and those who don't is generally based on the fact that the ones who don't keep them know WHY these are tracking devices: Government requires it.

But don't take just his word for it.

edit on 1/29/2013 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

Just to point out that I have never met an App developer that didn't have a smart phone. Not that that counts for much. I'm not saying you're far off, but I can't help to point out that a) App developers need phones for the Apps usually b) App developers normally know inside and out how the GPS tracking works and therefore have no reservations about using them.

I develop GPS apps for a living and I can tell you for 100% sure that Apple are the BEST company as far as smart phone privacy goes. Google are by far the worst, because of their App store.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Nothing new they all ready have the capability to spy on us in every corner of the city. EVERY CORNER. They have technology beyond camera's. Most people dont know that any LED can be used as a microphone, if its plugged into the energy grid then they can use it to spy on you. Keep in mind the new TV's are OLDE's AKA microphones. The Govt has all ready admitted they have planted device's witch spy on us in our appliances. We all know they can listen in on our conversations even while our phone is off. In batman begins a tech is shown witch sends out a signal threw cell phone electromagnetic radiation, (smilar to sonar) to get detailed live video of whole buildings. The phone could be in your pocket yet they still are able to map out your environment in real time.
www.caintv.com...

Your a 14 OP? Mind messaging me?
edit on 29-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Untrue and uninformed.

Err, you do know that nearly all smart TV's have a specially designed listening device - a specially designed one?

I'm not talking about LED's here (that would be silly) I'm talking about something that really does the job.... you know what it is???? A MICROPHONE!!! Yes, new technology - they've now stopped using LED's because someone told them it was a moronic idea that had no factual basis at all and TPTB were so p*ssed to discover that. So someone said - hey - we could just like, err, use the actual microphone, maybe that would work... someone else agreed and the world moved on from paranoia and talking utter nonsense.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Incredible, what can they hope to achieve with such moves. I am
a big apple fan but this stuff has me worried for the future of Apple. I
wonder if Steven Jobs knew.

Of course he knew, he was probably behind a lot of the tech. He always said the iPhone was never to be turned off, and it was the software that made Apple "better" then the rest in his opinion. Anyone can build an iPhone, but will it be as smart as one? It is disturbing thinking that they can watch or listen to what phones can see and hear, and that Apple uses a non-removable battery.

Its also storing data in the iCloud. Stuff you don't always need to store in the devices.

Even when you delete photos right off the iPhone or iPads camera roll, there's still an album called photos that keeps every photo you ever took with the camera, or saved, installed.

Then there's the Places album in Photos that's storing every place you took a photo at. It shows a map with pins, click on the pin and see how many photos were taken at that location. I just found photos in this places album thing I took with my old iPhone. I didn't realize I transferred this over. I'm assuming this happened because I had photo stream turned on with these photos trying to push them through to my iPad for easier viewing and emailing. As well as iCloud and location services enabled. I think. Not sure but this places album was added in one of the recent apple iOS updates.
Edit: The location services however are not enabled for the camera. The list of what I'm enabling is only 'on' for the weather. Having features turned off obviously doesn't work.

Yep, it's iCloud - good isn't it. You don't have to have it though, I haven't got it. You can choose to enable the service or not. It's really useful for most people. You can turn it on and off yourself so I wouldn't worry about spying from that side.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
The title should read:

"Apple Continues to use slaves in Asia to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices"

The title should read:

"technology manufacturers continue to use slaves in Asia to work on Smart Cameras (RFID) for Future Devices"

or more accurately the title should read

"sorry, I've mixed up my technology names and now I realise there is no such thing as an RFID Smart Camera and there never will be"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Err, nope - YOU are yet another poster who didnt bother reading the OP. This is NOT about other peoples phones being able to spy on YOU. I think you have the wrong thread? he did read the OP!! and so did I and holy crap batman it stinks all over the place of BS.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join