It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just blows my mind

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

Look here for the Moon

target.lroc.asu.edu...

or here for Mars.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

What kind of dumbass god would place intelligent lifeforms within certain galaxies and then set up laws of nature that ensured these galaxies were hurtling away from each other at speeds that could never be overcome, thus guaranteeing his favoured created lifeforms never got to meet each other? edit on 30-1-2013 by IvanAstikov because: typical typo

I don't know but if you were smarter you'd know that. So that's a fairly dumb ass question.
Ask Abe.

edit on 30-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannydav
already a thread about this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My thread was started about 20 hours before that one

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

BTW OP SNF and a well deserved bumpity bump.

My thread was started about 20 hours before that one

Nothing sets my mind against another member more than when they pull that kind a crap.
edit on 30-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah bad form to steal an idea rather than add to it.
Ho hum thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

nah , im pretty damn sure you arent going to get hubble quality pictures with a 25 dollar kids telescope lol

anyways, it was a crappy xmas gift lol

well i did get to see moon up close and it is cool to see some details a little bit more than with naked eye, but nowhere near as cool as owning the thing that can make those pics lol.

p.s going to school for art. i see colors that arent even there ^^

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by wmd_2008

nah , im pretty damn sure you arent going to get hubble quality pictures with a 25 dollar kids telescope lol
anyways, it was a crappy xmas gift lol

well i did get to see moon up close and it is cool to see some details a little bit more than with naked eye, but nowhere near as cool as owning the thing that can make those pics lol.

p.s going to school for art. i see colors that arent even there ^^

Well look here this might inspire you a bit !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Truly awe inspiring. Great post, never do i hesitate to look at pics like these

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Its sad knowing that we will never achieve technology to visit these places. With the economy going like it is our future is bleak

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wow, just visited nasa.gov and they have this picture. It blows my mind!
This is part of the Orion nebula, and use can see stars racing through the interstellar gas creating bow shock waves.

www.nasa.gov...
Full-size image: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ethang10

whats really sad is we dont need money to achieve this but the will of man, sadly, that has been lost a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by ethang10

whats really sad is we dont need money to achieve this but the will of man, sadly, that has been lost a long time ago.

Not to all of us.
The will of man is still strong alive and well, the gov't just forgot about it and are in for one hell of a shock sometime soon

Damn there's that van outside again

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Those images of clusters and nebulas are mind-blowing whenever I see them. Even though the colors are just representations of gases and materials that scientists interpret or measure to be in those areas, it is still a beautiful and spectacular sight. At the same time it makes us wonder why on earth there has been no 'contact' with anybody as of yet ...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r
Those images of clusters and nebulas are mind-blowing whenever I see them. Even though the colors are just representations of gases and materials that scientists interpret or measure to be in those areas, it is still a beautiful and spectacular sight. At the same time it makes us wonder why on earth there has been no 'contact' with anybody as of yet ...

What makes you say they are representations of whats there, the GAS is there the colours depend on what was used to photograph them and what the detector/sensor was sensitive to ie visible , ir , uv light etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
What makes you say they are representations of whats there, the GAS is there the colours depend on what was used to photograph them and what the detector/sensor was sensitive to ie visible , ir , uv light etc.

Hmmm ... I got that wrong, didn't I? Sorry for that, but I was referring to an earlier post by cody599 on page 1 of this thread. He mentioned that he didn't want to ruin the magic, but that the images are 'not' exactly representing what's there. What it comes down to is probably, that the clusters would look different to the 'naked eye' ... obviously I'm not an expert in this field, but thanks again for the explanation!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This one was my favorite. V838 Monocerotis Light Echo

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here's another one worth mentioning.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r

Hmmm ... I got that wrong, didn't I? Sorry for that, but I was referring to an earlier post by cody599 on page 1 of this thread. He mentioned that he didn't want to ruin the magic, but that the images are 'not' exactly representing what's there. What it comes down to is probably, that the clusters would look different to the 'naked eye' ... obviously I'm not an expert in this field, but thanks again for the explanation!

That's ok but looking through even very large telescopes you would get very little hint of the colours , many pictures from hubble are over many mins/hours and amateur astrophotographers will take many images and use staking software to bring out detail and colour.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That's ok but looking through even very large telescopes you would get very little hint of the colours , many pictures from hubble are over many mins/hours and amateur astrophotographers will take many images and use staking software to bring out detail and colour.

I heard from one amateur astronomer who had an opportunity to look through a very large telescope (48" if I remember correctly) and he said he saw the true colours of a planetary nebula, and also reported golden colour of the Homunculus nebula.

The bigger the telescope, and the brighter the object, the more colour you will see. Red is the hardest to see, as it has the lowest energy. Many amateur astronomers see pea-green colour in the Orion and other nebulae.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join