It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Makeshift Weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is a thread discussing makeshift weapons. These weapons can be ones that are made pre-event (require something from the store), but also post-event (stuff that can be gathered).
Please make additions if you have any tips, ideas, or general information.

> Water gun filled with chemicals (see this thread)
> Wood with nails/screws on the end
> Long wooden pole/stick (hardened by fire, sturdy)
> Metal canteen filled with water, in a strong/thick sock. You can swing this around at people, or warm up your canteen for warmth.
> Shank - Cloth (for handle) around metal, glass, or whatever you can find
> Water bottle filled with gasoline, or another flammable (to start fires)
> A sack of saw dust or highly flammable material will go great with that bottle
> Sharp object attached to a long stick
> Flash device, or camera, etc - to temporarily blind/force a blink from an opponent
> Pots & Pans

That's all I got for now.
To make a makeshift item easily there are many things you can do. One thing I would suggest is keeping a nice inventory of what you have in your home. For example, breaking down furniture will get you some sturdy wood, screws/nails & chairs and such will have some metal on them (lounge chairs, lazy boys etc).

For glass, you got picture frames.
CDs and DVDs are easily broken, but are still sharp.

Anyone got any ideas?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

Along the lines of the blinding the enemy why not stock up on a few laser pointers???
Last a really long time erlativly cheap, and have you ever had that dbag friend that shone one in your eye's... seriosly not cool.

Or you could make a homemade one, they can get pretty powerful.

edit on 28-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
one you are overlooking, we use to make these and see
who's would go the longest..

get a CO2 cartridge like for a air pistol , cut the tip of the
nipple off, where the hole would be once it is used.
Buy your self a few boxes of paper matches, cut the head's off
the matches and stuff them into the CO2 cartridge , put on a
level surface and point away from anyone and take a lighter to the
open end and watch as your home made mini rocket shoots off.

I have no idea the force these would have, but i do know they will go
through plywood without any problem. I am sure if one was desperate ya
could rig up a mess of them using angle iron as a launching pad, could set up
10 or 20 at a time and lite them off as you need them. Would be like a bulky
gun. But with the force these take off at, i am sure it would be effective if it hit
the target. Would be some serious blunt trauma to have one of those smack you
at full speed.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
one you are overlooking, we use to make these and see
who's would go the longest..

get a CO2 cartridge like for a air pistol , cut the tip of the
nipple off, where the hole would be once it is used.
Buy your self a few boxes of paper matches, cut the head's off
the matches and stuff them into the CO2 cartridge , put on a
level surface and point away from anyone and take a lighter to the
open end and watch as your home made mini rocket shoots off.

Interesting Idea. But for more of an umph you need to just use gun powder and a green whick( not the white ones) from a firework. This technique can blow medium sized stumps from the ground.

I dont recommend anyone trying this at home, nor your neighbors home. Or anywhere else at that matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions everyone

I'm wondering if there's a good way to turn other CO2 containers into home made explosives. Nothing special like armor piercing, but demolition may be a huge help if you needed materials from a structure; metal, bricks, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

I got some.

Potato gun with tennis balls which are filled with blue tip matches (the ones that light with friction), center ball of gunpowder wrapped in paper or balloon of gasoline .

Also a bolt gun. Metal tube, long bolt with heavy spring around it. Stopper at the back of tube that hits a washer on end of long bolt, attach a lever that pulls bolt back, harnessed from tool or other hand clamp type apparatus, manual lever old school bike foot pump, ect..... washer at other end of back, (internally to receive ammo).

Ammo may be rocks or ball bearings, bolts, arrows, ect...OR golf balls cut in half and crazy glued back together after adding last description of matches with internal ball of gun powder.

Also several fireworks taken apart and remounted in new metal tube with 1/2 steel cable spool mounted to end with long enough cable reach low altitudes. Purpose: to entangle rotors, best fired underneath.

edit on 28-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheQuantumForcesThatBe

True, gun powder would work much better, i was thinking
along the lines of limited supplies where amo and powder
were hard to come by.
I keep telling my son one fo these days when he grows up a bit
i'd show him how to build one. But as fast as they move i dont want
him knowing until he is responsible enough. Could be very dangerous
if things got out of hand.

zedVSzardoz i have not made a potato gun in a LONG time..
forgot how much fun those are.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
A two litter plastic bottle, Draino add some water then tighten the cap. Throw. Slingshot or a david sling. A shower cap full of anything that burns the eyes. Fishing line and hooks. Lots of rope to use in traps and snares. The itchy stuff from the prickly balls or just plain poison oak. Leaches. Catapult. Satanic items to scare believers. You know circles, stars, melted wax, animal bones, sacrefice on an alter and foot prints leading into the circle but not out. quicksand traps. Needles to inject food with poison.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
now it all depends on how serious you wanted to get
with all of this as well. There are many things you could
rig up in a all out battle situation.

Think security...

air rifle and balloons.
Sounds harmless enough, but
fill one balloon with ammonia and one with bleach, put together
and string up far enough outside your perimeter you can still hit
it but its out of reach for you to be effected by it.

pop both balloons at the same time and you have a nasty gas that will
make anyone want to flee if they are lucky. There is another ingredient
to add which turns the combined mixture into mustard gas.

Just a quick trip to your local Wal-mart and you could have all the supplies
you would ever need to defend your location.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

finally, this is an important thread..especially given all the ammo and weapon shortages that are starting to plague this country in recent weeks.

we need to work together to brain storm some other weapon alternatives soon. because things aren't looking good.

my suggestion would be to try and convert a spring loaded BB Gun into an actual lethal firearm. i just dont have the know how to do such a thing, maybe i should look at a fire arm manual or schematic to see how exactly does a gun work

i also liked the idea that another poster had, about mounting regular "laser pens" or laser pointers to these "poor mans" weapons.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
myself i wouldn't want to let certain cats out the bag on this here internet
great post though...love the idea's so far too

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

wow i appreciate that you included my thread on this topic.

i really like this idea of like minded survivalists getting together and coming up with new ways to defend ourselves.

what is happening now is the same thing that happened when they BANNED alcohol, during prohibition people started making THEIR OWN alcohol a.k.a "moonshine"...

the same thing is happening now...the smart ones are seeing whats going on and are starting to step up to the plate.

my suggestion....(aside from the acid spitting/flamethrower water gun).....would be something similar to the "blunderbuss"

BLUNDERBUSS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

many sailors and pirates used this gun for its sturdiness and durability..

but heres the best part... during ammo shortages the blunderbuss can be loaded with rocks nails and other small items that would cause a shrapnel effect with deadly force..

all i have to do is figure out a way to configure or make something possibly out of pvc pipe or maybe another material that would have a similar configuration as the buss

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
-Blowpipes
-Poison for food supplies will help too with traitors. If you're trading food and are forced to trade first, give the poisoned food first. Once you get your item in return, give em the real food. If they don't come through and end up leaving, they'll get sick.
*note to government: this is all theoretical in a case where murder is common, the world has collapsed societally, economically and governmentally.

-rope to hang, strangle, and set traps
-you could use the little metal piece from the toilet roll thing to make a switch blade perhaps
-same thing with springs
-I'd recommend using cleaning bottles for pepper spray instead of water guns. You can spray repeatedly, easily & you don't have to build up pressure for that
Plus you can do a direct stream, or mist

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow great ideas in this thread. Hope I never cross any of you the wrong way haha.
Another idea worth looking into I believe would be the throwing star.. Would be very easy to make one of these with either nails, old blades, glass, sharpened sticks, any thing sharp really. With a little throwing practice you could be come dangerous as all you have to do is hit your target and your guaranteed damage because of all the points of contact.Plus they would be easy to conceal. And you can have as many points as you want on one star and the more mass one would have the more damage it would do.

Also a homemade rig bow can be handy in a pinch you could use bungee cords zipties and any flexible sturdy material or anything along those lines. Check out this guys rig bow with very simple materials. I wouldnt wanna get hit by that... Lot of punch for being so simple, watch till the end.

edit on 28-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: vid

edit on 28-1-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And here's a really good one to make: Napalm!!!

Just take either styrofoam (weaker) or powdered laundry detergent (best) and soak in gasoline! Drain the gas, and whats left at the bottom is this white sludge - NAPALM!!!

With that, comes the Napalm Bomb: Fill can with Napalm, add fuse, seal lid, light and throw!

Fragmentation Bomb: Same as above just with alot of nails mixed in, and a little less Napalm.

Land Mine: Get a Mentos can, fill with tacks, Napalm, and on one side stick some sandpaper with a match on the lid to strike,or a lighter roller, or anything that can make a spark. They step on it: BOOM!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I had random images pop in my meditation, sort of half asleep at the time, had been using my imagination to picture positive businesses, everyone shipping products off, and getting along, happy, healthy, abundant, creating local abundance and positive groups to share and co-create successes for others and even picturing aqaponics, fishing in our greenhouses, and it was nice, then I almost fell asleep and suddenly saw a volcano in the cascadia region, near us apparently or close enough to be a worry, and saw my son's crafting guns. As if they were going to be making weapons.

While I believe in citizens armed and self defense, defense of a nation even, don't support violence and think every other means should always be done first, including local groups of citizens starting to learn how to run things and act in the capacity of government themselves, make improvements and become empowered and make businesses, free enterprise, land and eco farms for the homeless, do what isn't being done, and also, refuse to obey unjust laws. That is the step that can't be missed before a lazy group who refuses to watchdog their democracies leap into revolution mode.

However, despite that, and despite my own aversion to weapons, or constant worries that the kids might hurt themselves or their friends if households have them, there may be reasons we all need to look at creating makeshift weapons and forging our own, for survival and protection.

Starred and Flagged.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonedKid

why would you even be thinking of bombs and landmines?

Protection means from guilty foes, those who are a threat to your life and your family. Or nature.

But not to anyone walking in the neighborhood or environment, randomly.

That should be completely outlawed and in the event of a disaster, citizens are going to have to get dogs going and teams to actually hunt down and neutralize psychopathic dangers that could randomly harm people.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I actually meant it as a line of defense, say if someone tries to raid your place for food, and such. PROTECTION. I do not intend for this to be for harming innocents. The bombs and stuff are just for those larger groups that decide to make a raid on you.

AND I AM NOT A PSYCHOPATH!!!
edit on 28-1-2013 by AbandonedKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
In a full collapse, it is important to have weapons for:
long range
up close
offense
defense

You want to be prepared for anything.
The best weapons are ones that have multiple uses.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes. I know some good weapons that can be made and/or bought. Here they are:
LR: .22 rifle, blow dart gun (if you know how to use it), homemade rocket tube (I seriously do NOT recommend this, for safety reasons)

SR: Machete, Spear, Hogcutter, Katana, NGrenade

Off.: All of the above

Def.: NGrenade, NLandmine, etc.

LOTS of homemade defenses, weapons, and that stuff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join