It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Young Women Want AR-15s

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would like to pose a question. Not a gun question but a moral one.

Does one have a moral right to use aggression to strip another human being's choice of self-defense away from them?

www.nationalreview.com...

In fact, we wouldn’t want to be stuck at home without one. In the wake of mass murders like Sandy Hook and the horrific rapes and murders of thousands of women each year, pepper spray, mace, or five-round handheld pistols aren’t going to cut it.

The AR-15 is lightweight and practical. As light as five pounds, it produces low levels of recoil, and it’s easy to shoot. It also looks intimidating, which is what you want when facing an assailant or intruder. But don’t let its appearance intimidate you. Assault rifles such as the AR-15 aren’t more “dangerous,” as liberals claim. They don’t fire faster than other rifles, and don’t normally contain more powerful ammunition.

Accuracy? Check. Ease in handling? Check. Intimidation factor? Check. An AR-15 might be a woman’s best friend.

We are rational women who, as law-abiding citizens, understand the need — and the right — to defend ourselves. We don’t want to be caught underprepared in the kind of desperate situation that happens too frequently to people across America.

This past week in Georgia, an intruder entered the home of a mother and two children. The mother grabbed her two children and her gun, and proceeded to hide in a crawlspace in the attic. When the intruder entered the attic, the mother fired and hit him with five out of six shots (he still lived).

15 year old boy uses AR-15 to defend himself and his little sister from multiple home invaders:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

An ATS member who has trained women and children in rifle usage also agrees. He posted in that thread.

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo

If you have never fired one you do not know but an AR-15 variant rifle is far easier to hit a target with than a pistol. Pistol does not for the most part have a gas tube which sends much of the energy back into the reloading mechanism and the butt stock contains a buffer spring that eats up more of the energy.

The round of the 5.56 is also able to inflict far more damage than just about any pistol round. It is great for home defense because women and children can shoot it effectively. I have personally trained dozens of women and children in the use of this class of weapons and they are seriously good at it quickly most times.

edit on 26-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The AR15 platform is an excellent firearm of choice for the gals.

But there are Traitors in office currently working on trying to "save" them from having such a useful and effective defense firearm.

Apparently these Traitors know better than the many women who use an AR15 to defend herself in her home against intruders, rapists, and other sick degenerates in society who can strike at ANY time when they are all alone.

But the Traitors pushing for bans think that they know better...

edit on 26-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here is a good self defense weapon for you folks that don't know how to shoot a weapon. (AkA folks who need AR-15s cause they cant aim worth beans, you know, six year olds and such...

Tomahawk Block IV cruise missile

adds the capability to reprogram the missile while in-flight to strike any of 15 preprogrammed alternate targets, or redirect the missile to any Global Positioning System (GPS) target coordinates. It also will be able to loiter over a target area for some hours, and with its on-board TV camera, will allow the war fighting commanders to assess battle damage of the target, and, if necessary redirect the missile to any other target. Launched from the Navy's forward-deployed ships and submarines, Tactical Tomahawk will provide a greater flexibility to the on-scene commander.

You passionate people should be able to have at least a dozen of these things each. You and your kiddies
Blame it on the traitor in the white house I guess ;/ Total disregard for the second amendment...
edit on 26-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
...folks who need AR-15s cause they cant aim worth beans

So only people who "cant aim" are the ones who own an AR15?

Something tells my that you dont know anything about AR rifles

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason

I can aim very well and can protect myself with the weapons I have in my gun cabinet. None of which are an assault rifle.
On another note that cruise missile would sure look good propped up and ready to fire in the living room on a slow Sunday night wouldnt it?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I can aim very well and can protect myself with the weapons I have in my gun cabinet. None of which are an assault rifle.
On a another note that cruise missile would sure look good propped up and ready to fire in the living room on a slow Sunday night wouldnt it?

So what makes your weapons different than an assault rifle? Other than the "mean" and "evil" name that shouldnt even be applied to them in the first place. Indulge me please.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know enough about AR-15's to know that they are total overkill for home defense and that in the hands of an amateur it would be reckless for them to be used in such a capacity. The potential for hitting innocent neighbors, pedestrians, family members, etc is high.

So, in the country? Fine. But in the suburbs or the city? Totally stupid.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So what makes your weapons different than an assault rifle? Other than the "mean" and "evil" name that shouldnt even be applied to them in the first place. Indulge me please.

My rifles are bolt action. My shotty (winchester 1400 shoots three auto. My 30/30 is just that
Lever action.
I feel I can protect myself quite nicely with those choices,
I'm happy that the kid in the story was able to protect themselves, but the risk of someone else being hit by multiple bullets makes me wonder if that should be the weapon of choice for a young child.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I know enough about AR-15's to know that they are total overkill for home defense and that in the hands of an amateur it would be reckless for them to be used in such a capacity. The potential for hitting innocent neighbors, pedestrians, family members, etc is high.

So, in the country? Fine. But in the suburbs or the city? Totally stupid.

Well then they should disarm the swat teams then because they are their weapon of choice for home entry...

Sorry Heff but you don't know what you're talking about on this one...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That's horsehockey. SWAT teams are a totally different subject. They are highly trained and organized units. Not some yahoo shooting wildly at his front door because he heard a bump in the night.

This thread is specifically about young women and home defense. No? If so then the weapon that most experts would suggest would be a 32 or possibly even a 9mm handgun for that purpose. Not an AR-15.

One of my weapons - the one I'd use to defend my home, is a 12 gauge. I have it loaded with birdshot so that if I did use it, it is highly unlikely that the pellets would penetrate a wall and travel far. The last shell in the feed is a slug.

I beg to differ, I actually do know what I am talking about here.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Not much any invader could do when confronted by a twelve gauge shotty. This is the weapon for home defense IMO. Short range, devastating results...
Bad guy/terminated..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Is this a gun forum or what? Every other thread is about guns. Give it a rest or open a different forum about it. No wonder as it is everywhere here and it's getting a bit much.......my pennies worth...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

On another note that cruise missile would sure look good propped up and ready to fire in the living room on a slow Sunday night wouldnt it?

Christ, if I could just get a Howitzer in my front yard, nobody would dare come near my home … or my neighborhood.

Also, those guys in the next town would start to seriously worry about pissing me off.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Christ, if I could just get a Howitzer in my front yard, nobody would dare come near my home … or my neighborhood.

lmao

Keep up with the Joneses!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by hawkiye

That's horsehockey. SWAT teams are a totally different subject. They are highly trained and organized units. Not some yahoo shooting wildly at his front door because he heard a bump in the night.

This thread is specifically about young women and home defense. No? If so then the weapon that most experts would suggest would be a 32 or possibly even a 9mm handgun for that purpose. Not an AR-15.

One of my weapons - the one I'd use to defend my home, is a 12 gauge. I have it loaded with birdshot so that if I did use it, it is highly unlikely that the pellets would penetrate a wall and travel far. The last shell in the feed is a slug.

I beg to differ, I actually do know what I am talking about here.

I gave you a star. You don't need a star, but you have another one anyway.

12G is a very practical weapon for home defense. Semi auto rifles can kill neighbors if fired in fear mode.

P

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have an AR or two...

Not all ammo is built the same. Low grain frangible rounds would be very useful in home defense from an AR and they wouldn't penetrate walls.

The key is education.

Either way, against multiple threats I would rather have an AR than a pistol. For in home use, typically speaking, I like my 870 tactical, but under Feinstein's new law that would be illegal and considered and assault weapon.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The AR-15 is not an assault rifle, nor does the legal stock version have any parts on it that would make it an assault rifle. Here's the definition of an assault rifle:

An assault rifle is a selective fire (selective between fully automatic, semi-automatic, and burst fire) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.
Source

In other words, any fully automatic rifle is an assault rifle. Semi-automatic is not an assault rifle.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I have an AR or two...

Not all ammo is built the same. Low grain frangible rounds would be very useful in home defense from an AR and they wouldn't penetrate walls.

The key is education.

Either way, against multiple threats I would rather have an AR than a pistol. For in home use, typically speaking, I like my 870 tactical, but under Feinstein's new law that would be illegal and considered and assault weapon.

Right on.

SIGH, Feinstein. A Traitor of America and We The People...

Traitors of America who refuse to support and defend our Constitution, please feel free to take the next flight out of America for good and find another country to be dictator of.

edit on 26-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Sorry you are correct. I do not own an assault weapon

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You said it eloquently my friend. The key is education. The downfall - and the argument that the folks who want to take guns away will use - is that there are too many unqualified people in possession of said weaponry. People without the training, knowledge, or skills to effectively and safely use those weapons.

That is how they will win the argument.

My position is to not give into hyperbole and to be rational. I don't think that assault weapons should be banned. But I wouldn't disagree with a law that made it necessary to go through specific training to own most firearms. Especially those with the potential for high velocity and penetration rounds.

Those who enjoy liberty need to be smarter than just braying and screaming that guns prevent tyranny. Because, quite frankly, one look at most of the third world - where AK-47's are about as cheap as the cost of a meal and are more common than fleas - pretty much shoots that argument down.

Chance favors the prepared mind - not the loudest voice.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join