It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Athens, TN: Restoring the Rule of Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In this 13 minute video, set back in 1946, a brave set of men got entirely fed up when entrenched, corrupt city heads stole the ballot boxes at gunpoint, and shoot one of citizens- obviously to misrepresent the local voters and declare for themselves a victory. The citizens proceed to get a bunch of guns, and even explosives, and before the National Guard was even able to get there, they reclaim the ballot boxes in a dramatic shootout.

It is a true story, and I searched ATS. It has been mentioned at times, but I did not see a thread on it. Well it's time there was one, for those who have not seen it. It underscores the need for citizens to keep their governments on a very short leash. Because give them any slack at all, and they will trample all over you. And it is what is happening now, at both the federal and state levels. Highly recommended viewing:

It also underscores the need to keep an extremely watchful eye on the modern problems and vulnerability we have today with electronic voting machines. And to that end, I want to remind you all of the testimony of Clinton Curtis:

edit on Fri Jan 25th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... as well as two out of ten pages of results that came up on ATS search on "Battle of Athens" for threads ABOUT the subject.

There's a load here already.
edit on 25/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
But apparently there are people who think that the US government and the politicians who serve us would never attempt to do anything so illegal, immoral, and hypocritical towards those who they represent. They are either gullible or uninformed. Oh but something like this could never happen in America they say. Well it did. Nowadays it still happens, but moreso by manipulation and hidden tactics, as opposed to open actions like the one in the video. We do need guns if we wish to preserve democracy, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... findable from the wiki on the matter but i feel this second link is more informative then the wiki www.constitution.org...

its a long read but exactly how shady the cops behaived isnt listed in the wiki as they actualy took hostages the police took hostages......and we never get to learn about this in school or anything so i think anything that sheds more light on this is a good thing

Sheriff Pat Mansfield breaks off telephone conversations to Chattanooga Daily Times, stating "I can't talk anymore — there's mob violence at the County Jail right now. Things are too hot here now. I haven't got time to talk to you — I'm standing in front of the door." he said hurriedly as he hung up the telephone. Sheriff Pat Mansfield and Deputies Threaten Hostages 11:00 pm Sheriff Pan Mansfield and deputies threatened to kill three GI hostages held within the jailhouse. The three GI hostages are Felix Harrod, Tom Dooley and Walter Ellis. Thousands of Rounds Exchanged 11:35 pm-12:40 am Thousands of rounds of shots were exchanged between ex-GIs and an estimated 75 deputies barricaded in the McMinn County jail. No state guardsman had arrived at 12:40. Former soldiers were pouring lead into every opening in the brick jail. The officers' returning fire was weakening. Some GIs were firing from ground level across White Street. Others were on roofs on the Power Company Building and other near-by structures.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A *perfect* example of why The Founders were absolutely adamant that the natural right of the people to keep & bear arms not be infringed.

Imagine if the the town's folk didn't have arms. they'd probably still be under the rule of tyrants.
edit on 2013/1/25 by mal1970 because: addition

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thanks for taking my post/link and making it a separate thread - it deserves it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: insertion of thread link

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yup.. or as the locals there would say aaaahhh-yuuuuup.

Its between Knoxville and Chattanooga TN. I'm well familiar with the area and the people of the area. Many are hillbillies to the core. Understand that I am using that as a term of respect. Messing with them usually ends poorly.

top topics

join