It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the God of Freemasonry?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Same 'gang'....The haves vs. have not's (us) in general.

And how did John Gotti get to run the Gambino Crime Family?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

He killed Paul Costellano?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

www.inquisitr.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is somewhat along the lines of what I am talking about....You think they are the only ones?
edit on 26-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

He killed Paul Costellano?

Castellano. But the point is they were both in the same 'gang'. If one Mafia family cannot get along what makes you think a giant, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic group is not going to be dropping each other to try and seize the reins?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If one Mafia family cannot get along what makes you think a giant, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic group is not going to be dropping each other to try and seize the reins?

A common goal, separate from the selfish and egotistical needs of the one...The goal of the whole, is more important than the goal of the one.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

If one Mafia family cannot get along what makes you think a giant, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic group is not going to be dropping each other to try and seize the reins?

A common goal, separate from the selfish and egotistical needs of the one...The goal of the whole, is more important than the goal of the one.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Did you just attribute a collectivist mentality to a group of alleged gangsters? By their very nature their are sociopathic and would not be capable of forming longterm, stable relationships.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Unlike a 'gang' where there is competition to reach 'rank', in a situation like this, they would undoubtedly realize that they are all equal, and no one person rules absolutely....Just like no one Mason rules Masonry...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Did you just attribute a collectivist mentality to a group of alleged gangsters?

Why not? After all, they are obviously schooled in the esoteric as well, which is what leads to the attribution of their deeds, to everyone else in the Esoteric field, including Freemasonry...

The 'One is All, and All is One' would undoubtedly be known within their 'circle' which is why it would be illogical to try and gain 'sole' control..

They are all working towards the same cause.

By all means, don't let my opinion on a trivial matter like this, cloud your opinion of myself...After all; we don't argue about who's God is better or more real do we?

Just going with my intuition from what I have learned through my medicine research, and observing other standards of human nature, and the corruption in it...People can be #ty, and #ty people tend to gravitate towards others...

Like attracts like...

edit on 26-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Unlike a 'gang' where there is competition to reach 'rank', in a situation like this, they would undoubtedly realize that they are all equal, and no one person rules absolutely....Just like no one Mason rules Masonry...

So when did people who crave power suddenly set aside human nature?

Masonry is a direct democracy with finite rule and the Grand Master's edicts are absolute.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Masonry is a direct democracy with finite rule and the Grand Master's edicts are absolute.

For just a year, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

For just a year, right?

Unless rescinded, forever.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Interesting; what are the boundaries within their edict?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Possibly the greatest single volume written on Freemasonry is Wilmhurst's The Meaning of Masonry (1920). In it, he reveals what has become patently clear to many of us (although many masons - including several here, reject). Have a look at page 45 (Kindle edition):

"The name Hiram Abiff signifies in Hebrew "the teacher (Guru, or enlightened one) from the Father": a fact which may help you still further to recognize the concealed purpose of the teaching. Under the name of Hiram, then, and beneath a veil of allegory, we see an allusion to another Master; and it is this Master, this Elder Brother who is alluded to in our lectures, whose "character we preserve, whether absent or present," i.e., whether He is present to our minds or no, and in regard to whom we "adopt the excellent principle, silence," lest at any time there should be among us trained in some other than the Christian Faith, and to whom on that account the mention of the Christian Master's name might possibly prove an offence or provoke contention."

Further, from page 44:

"In Masonry that prototype is Hiram Abiff: but it must be made clear that there is no historical basis whatever for the legendary account of Hiram's death. The entire story is symbolical and was purposely invented for the symbolical purposes of our teaching. If you examine it closely you will perceive how obvious the correspondence is between this story and the story of the death of the Christian Master related in the Gospels; and it is needless to say that the Mason who realizes the meaning of the latter will comprehend the former and the veiled allusion that is implied. In the one case the Master is crucified between the two thieves; in the other he is done to death between two villains. In the one case appear the penitent and the impenitent thief; in the other we have the conspirators who make a voluntary confession of their guilt and were pardoned, and the others who were found guilty and put to death; whilst the moral and spiritual lessons deducible from the stories correspond. As every Christian is taught that in his own life he must imitate the life and death of Christ, so every Mason is "made to represent one of the brightest characters recorded in our annals"; but as the annals of Masonry are contained in the volume of the Sacred Law and not elsewhere, it is easy to see who the character is who is alluded to. As that great authority and initiate of the Mysteries, St. Paul, taught, we can only attain to the Master's resurrection by "being made conformable unto His death," and we "must die with Him if we are to be raised like Him": and it is in virtue of that conformity, in virtue of being individually made to imitate the Grand Master in His death, that we are made worthy of certain "points of fellowship" with Him: for the "five points of fellowship" of the third degree are the five wounds of Christ The three years' ministry of the Christian Master ended with His death and, these refer to the three degrees of the Craft which also end in the mystical death of the Masonic candidate -and his subsequent raising or resurrection."

The design of Christ is that all things and all truth will point eventually and ultimately to Him, as He IS "the way, the TRUTH and the life," as John 14:6 tells us. In Masonry He is still asking us the ultimate question, "who do YOU say that I am?"

To my brother masons, sure you have wondered why it is the "lion's grip" that raises us when no other will do. Who must this Lion be? One doesn't have to search far to find Christ displayed as the Lion. C.S. Lewis displayed this Narnian truth to us.

I have had a push pull relationship with masonry to be sure, but ultimately it has led to a deepened and closer walk with Christ.

As Wilmhurst wrote, "the mention of the Christian Master's name might possibly prove an offence or provoke contention." I know the same to be true here. The name of Jesus Christ will always stir us and will immediately cause offense if our heart is not fully bent toward Him. May we all be challenged at His name and answer this question that still rings in the heart of every man at least once in his life - who do we say that He is?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AvisNigra

I have only one contention with that, and that's the fact that apparently, Jesus is the only way to salvation and the "right" way of living. There are many ways to live, but both progress and regression are in the eye of the beholder.

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn’t matter which path you take.
The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
telling everyone else that their path is wrong.” - Hindu proverb

edit on 27-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I have only one contention with that, and that's the fact that apparently, Jesus is the only way to salvation and the "right" way of living. There are many ways to live, but both progress and regression are in the eye of the beholder.

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain,
all leading in the same direction,
so it doesn’t matter which path you take.
The only one wasting time is the one
who runs around and around the mountain,
telling everyone else that their path is wrong.” - Hindu proverb

edit on 27-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

That's a completely fair contention. There are certainly many paths (even refusing to take a path is, in itself, a path). At some point, Christ will stand in that path and the question must be answered though.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

But only one path. Otherwise, he's been misleading everyone the whole time.

"Yeah, remember when I said I was the only way? Well, turns out I can be in a dozen places at once. So to be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter which path you take, I'll still be there at some point. Sorry for tricking you, but Dad said it was a good idea. On the bright side, I brought cake!"

As it turns out, the cake is a lie, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by MeritocracyNow

By your fruits, can I then call you a liar for posting false information?

Maybe your one of those people who needs illustrations to help you see clearly.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But only one path. Otherwise, he's been misleading everyone the whole time.

"Yeah, remember when I said I was the only way? Well, turns out I can be in a dozen places at once. So to be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter which path you take, I'll still be there at some point. Sorry for tricking you, but Dad said it was a good idea. On the bright side, I brought cake!"

As it turns out, the cake is a lie, too.

I think you're thinking of Eddie Izzard. ;-) Cake or death?

And if you think Christ is misleading everyone and is a complete liar, that's a perfectly valid thought and/or decision.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Interesting; what are the boundaries within their edict?

None.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join