It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert warning: Resistance to antibiotics to be apocalyptic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Expert warning: Resistance to antibiotics to be apocalyptic

medicalxpress.com

Professor Dame Sally Davies spoke to British members of parliament on a science and technology committee and told them the increasing resistance of bacteria could soon make even a routine operation a deadly option because of the possibility of an infection that would have no effective treatment. She said that the real "apocalyptic scenario" was that within a couple of decades people will die from infections because we will have "run out of antibiotics" and there are no wonder drugs in the pipel
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
DARPA calls for antibiotic replacement

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Prof. Davies said there is only one effective antibiotic left for gonorrhea and 80% of cases are resistant to tetracycline. Tuberculosis is becoming increasingly resistant and there are around 150,000 deaths globally from multi-antibiotic resistant tuberculosis each year. Staphylococcal and urinary tract infections are now resistant to penicillin

Though I do not disagree with her statement here please visit the below thread that I made in late 2011

Instead of working to develop new antibiotics, DARPA proposes the development and use of so-called nanoparticles to deliver gene altering chemicals directly to the cells of bacteria to kill them

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's all falling into place isn't it?
You know let me go off topic for a sec.
This is a great feature of ATS, remembering your old threads and relating a two yr old thread to today's thread that you are creating. And the ease of finding the old thread from your profile.

Ok back on topic, I do not believe that what she is saying is incorrect but are the instigators giving the solution to the problem?

You know as they say never waste a crisis right?

Hey guys, we need to give you nanoparticles to deliver gene altering chemicals but listen.... it's for your own good, so don't worry about it!

Initially I thought of super-vaccines after reading this article but then I remembered that old thread I created.

They are, whether they know it or not, hijacking evolution!

How is this not transhumanism?
This is definately transhumanism, who knows how we will look like in a few centuries.

You know it's funny looking back at all the Annunaki threads and them engineering us humans, well look at today.
We are our own worst enemy.

An overmedicated society where those that we trust to not tell us to eat better and having more ginger and pomegranate, no just take these and those pills everyday.

So ATS, are you ready for transhumanism?

medicalxpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Perhaps DARPA has reached a point in their evolution as a think tank and research center for some serious oversight and adult supervision. They've had a few things in the pipeline recently that makes me wonder if they aren't more appropriately called 'Skynet Lite'.

This doesn't remind me of Cyberdyne Systems and Skynet as much as Stargate and the 'Replicators'. All someone needs to do is make the little beasties self replicating or...bestow upon them enough AI to generate that capability with time and we're in terrible trouble with some real serious issues about fighting it.

How can any normal person fight what it takes an electron microscope to even get a look at? Nature's version was bad enough but it has limits by natural selection and evolution. Even nature does stop eventually for lethality by those factors. Man made has no such limits....and this ranks worse than Biological Weapons in the BAd idea category, IMO.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These experts need to take notes from the ameatures out there who have no problems treating infections with essential oils. Experts are conditioned to see only one path. That conditioning can blind then to better options.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And that's why I never get those silly flu shots, or get anti-biotics, unless it's sever enough.
I perfer to let my body do it's thing, and make it's own antibodies.. like it's suppose to.

And really? Who didn't see this coming? Unless you don't believe in evolution, and think that everything that exists, always has been the way it is, and forever will stay the same.. you should have seen this from a mile away. lol. durp.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
And that's why I never get those silly flu shots, or get anti-biotics, unless it's sever enough.
I perfer to let my body do it's thing, and make it's own antibodies.. like it's suppose to.

And really? Who didn't see this coming? Unless you don't believe in evolution, and think that everything that exists, always has been the way it is, and forever will stay the same.. you should have seen this from a mile away. lol. durp.

Plus who knows? That flu shot may have a nasty side effect.
Sterility

Well now, isn't that clever?
edit on 25-1-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Very interesting thread OP. S and F
Actually, it's fine by me.
7+ billion people? I'd say the Earth has been plenty patient
with us as a species. Plus have you seen what a typical 90 year old
goes through in a day to stay alive? Bumping into walls wearing diapers,
we all have to pass on someday.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Very interesting thread OP. S and F
Actually, it's fine by me.
7+ billion people? I'd say the Earth has been plenty patient
with us as a species. Plus have you seen what a typical 90 year old
goes through in a day to stay alive? Bumping into walls wearing diapers,
we all have to pass on someday.

I'm glad you said typical 90 year old. One of the most vibrant dynamic men I ever saw dominate a room was 90, and I was shocked as hell when I found out he was 90. He was en.wikipedia.org... Milton Wolff, the head of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade in the Spanish Civil War, and talked at an Ernest Hemingway event. We were in a restaurant the night before and he came in with his party and dominated that room too, and I didn't know who he was at that point. Then there was Linus Pauling, healthy as a horse on Vitamin C at 90, and Picasso, and countless others. Viva la 90's!
edit on 25-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is why as a parent it's important to understand that your not doing your kids any favors - running to the doctors every time they get sick.

I've four kids ranging from teen to toddler. Only one of them has ever needed antibiotics, and that was for a urinary tract infection her body couldn't rid of on it's own. Vit. C, cranberries, blueberries, carrots, and water just wasn't going to cut it for her like it usually does everyone else in the family.

My kids get sick as much as anyone else. I just trust in their natural defenses better than many parents, and that is learned behavior. When I was growing up, I can remember only going to the doctors a handful of times my entire childhood life. More often to set breaks than not. I didn't even go to the doc's when I came down with chicken pox, and just got a week off of school running and romping around outside in the yard. I was taught that it's impractical to utilize the medical system for common illnesses and colds, and that your just going to expose yourself to more sickness, seeking out to congregate with all the other sick people needlessly.

When I became a nurse, it didn't change my opinion, only helped solidify it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oddly enough, they still work for me and my kids when we require them. And not the stronger expensive kinds. I can't stand those kind. The only kind I like that works well all the time is the amoxillin, so the lower grade kind still works just fine. Plus huge doses of vit D.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As I wrote on another thread on this same topic, humans died of typical staph infections before antibiotics gained widespread use in the 1940's.

As far as I know, we didn't really look at pre- 1940 as apocalyptic years.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Eventually they are going to run out of antibiotics and the simplest illness can turn around and be one of the deadliest...

We should have wiped out illness all together, as opposed to trying to "cure" them or fix them. My opinion.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

We should have wiped out illness all together, as opposed to trying to "cure" them or fix them. My opinion.

-SAP-

Could you elaborate on that distinction for me ? Wipe out vs. cure/fix ?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Something that isn't mentioned... why cant they just "upgrade" the antibiotics?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No we should not wipe out any illness, we should just eat well and take care of ourselves.

The only wiping out is the stop making manufacturered diseases.

We should not have a lazy society!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

What I was refering to is get rid of them all together. Wipe out all illness (so now one on the plant will get the flu let's say), as opposed to just temp curing it until the virus adapts and becomes more resistant.

I am a firm believer that the gov't can do this, but they make too much money off of people getting sick...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
here u go
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted this a few days go

snf
edit on 25-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm not worried about this. As long as there is turmeric in the closet and clay in the soil I can kill almost anything. The bark of many trees also works. You will need to repopulate the gut afterwards though.

We have been brainwashed once more by people in the medical field......Not like it hasn't happened multiple times in history. There are some good doctors, if something happens they will tell us the truth if they know it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is not new, the warnings about lack of antibiotic research has been on going for the last few decades, big pharma is too busy with their "treatments" and expensive synthetic dangerous drugs to "treat" infections and pushing them into the public at a very expensive prices with an array of side effects to try and research for an alternative antibiotic that can cure diseases.

See is not money making on finding cures but plenty to make from "treatments" so cures and antibiotics are not priority.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by UmbraSumus

What I was refering to is get rid of them all together. Wipe out all illness (so now one on the plant will get the flu let's say), as opposed to just temp curing it until the virus adapts and becomes more resistant.

I am a firm believer that the gov't can do this, but they make too much money off of people getting sick...

-SAP-

Pardon my slow brain

To get rid of all disease could involve mass inoculations - something that there isn`t much support for on ATS at least- although the ATS membership would not be representative of populations at large imho.

I guess viruses are a form of life - and life is ubiquitous on Earth -
For all of our worries about wiping all life out on Earth- I think that would be an extremely difficult task to accomplish.

Do we need a certain amount of disease to function as humans ?

Often organisms that were once parasitic develop symbiotic relationships with their host over time.

_____

The Hygiene Hypothesis would also suggest we need a certain degree of exposure to parasites and infectious agents in early life to develop robust immune systems.

______

Its an interesting topic SAP -

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join