It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 4 People Infected with Mood Altering Brain Parasites!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Pregnant women are told to avoid kitty litter boxes as a way to avoid side effects that could be detrimental to the mother and/or her child.

There is information floating around ATS right now, about the potential severe consequences associate with T, Gondii, beyond the danger posed to pregnant women.

It says that T. Gondii can be directly linked to the on-set of schizophrenia in people who have been contaminated.

Apparently T. Gondii is more than a danger to pregnant women and a catalyst in altering the mood of those who are contaminated. It may also be responsible for a very large number of adults who experience symptoms of early, onset schizophrenia and it's development into full-blown schizophrenia with full-on psychotic meltdowns.

I have never really liked cats... but that's just because I think they are aliens, on a mission to take the human race down a few pegs and gain control of Earth's resources!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Parasites that alter human behaviour!! Are you people for real! For the sake of human comprehension, please tell me that; a) you don't reallly believe this, and b) you don't accept it as even a possibility? The very concept screams absurdity, it screams it! It is so blatently false and ludicrous, that no one, not even the uneducated or unsophisticated could accept any truth to be possible!

I have only read the first page and that was despairing enough, I haven't dared to read any more. To be honest, I am almost done with 'AboveTopSecret', because it is the most untruthful and ignorant website on the net...it really is.

It's a site where the owners no longer care for what appears on the pages, any bull# will do, as long as it draws in the punters that can be assailed by adverts that make the site owners profit. The fact that you can be drawn in is despairing enough...are there really no independent thinkers in the world? The so-called 'awakened' are really the most 'asleep'!

Ask the real and true relevant questions: To what end would a parasite alter human behaviour, and why those particular traits? What could such a parasite benefit? Just how gullible are you...? Is there something in your life experience that negates you the possibility of the faculty of discernment? Are you incapable of discerning fact from fiction? Bear in mind that 'possibility' doesn't make anything fact, it is simply hypothetical.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
They have a treatment for this:

According to Merck the standard drug to counter infection is pyrimethamine

So I don't see why they don't just use it if it's suspected in schizophrenia?

Spiramycin has fewer side effects, and you can get it off the net. Minacycline works too.

However, it and pyrimethamine are only useful during the active infection part. Once you're "colonized" there's another treatment to clean out the cysts, clindamycin and something else mixed, don't recall the other component off hand.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Parasites that affect insect and animal behavior are quite well known. Toxo is one of several.

edit to add: the entire subject of 'behavior-altering infectious agents' is a topic of study by itself out at USAMRIID. It's not my field but IIRC, they were interested in some offshoot of brucellosis at one point, it produced 'contentious behavior' in the infected. Basically, they quit following orders and fought a lot. The effect was minimal but they were looking to optimize it. "Arab Spring in a bottle" heh
edit on 25-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
someone should check obama and his administration.. they might be 90% parasite...

Do you even realize how much of an idiot such a statement makes you look like?

This topic has to do with health issues - and you inject politics?

You are one of these people who will take ANY topic - be it anything from fast food to the Super Bowl - and you just have to throw politics into it.

A person could be talking about sea horses for Christ's sake - and YOU and your ILK would try to twist it to politics.

Do you NOT realize how GODDAMNED DUMB you look? Do you have ANY clue AT ALL?

And not only are 99.99% of all people SICK TO DEATH of people like you - it weakens your "cause" - whatever it is - and thus NO ONE takes you seriously.

I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

Also - if "one liners" are removed here - why isn't this type of BS removed as well? It adds NOTHING to the discussion at hand.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Zinky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
More warm-hearted... Less jealous... Oh good, I'm not infected!

Seriously though, this is pretty darn creepy. I'd hate to have something like that inside of me basically controlling my moods and in much less of an extension, who I am. It's something pretty terrifying as something in science fiction, most humans are worried about a parasite invading and taking away who they are.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Brain slugs!

edit on 25-1-2013 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Parasites that alter human behaviour!! Are you people for real! For the sake of human comprehension, please tell me that; a) you don't reallly believe this, and b) you don't accept it as even a possibility? The very concept screams absurdity, it screams it! It is so blatently false and ludicrous, that no one, not even the uneducated or unsophisticated could accept any truth to be possible!

I have only read the first page and that was despairing enough, I haven't dared to read any more. To be honest, I am almost done with 'AboveTopSecret', because it is the most untruthful and ignorant website on the net...it really is.

It's a site where the owners no longer care for what appears on the pages, any bull# will do, as long as it draws in the punters that can be assailed by adverts that make the site owners profit. The fact that you can be drawn in is despairing enough...are there really no independent thinkers in the world? The so-called 'awakened' are really the most 'asleep'!

Ask the real and true relevant questions: To what end would a parasite alter human behaviour, and why those particular traits? What could such a parasite benefit? Just how gullible are you...? Is there something in your life experience that negates you the possibility of the faculty of discernment? Are you incapable of discerning fact from fiction? Bear in mind that 'possibility' doesn't make anything fact, it is simply hypothetical.

You show your ignorance time and again, you think your smart but your just ill informed. There is a parasite that makes crickets jump into water and drown to their death and its well studied. So before you condemn others check your own ignorance because you sound like a child.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Interesting article! They have a ton of data on this, but one thing I didn't see was the one thing I was looking for the most. How do they know how many people have this? There isn't any data on where they get the estimates for how many people are infected. I would think they would need a pretty large sample to state that up to a third of the population has such things in their brains.

BTW, love your signature line.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
These are the effects on females?

More warmhearted.
More easygoing.
Less suspicious.
Less prone to jealousy.

Anyone know how I can infect my wife with this parasite?
*ba dum tsss*

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 1/26/2013 by thehumbleone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thanks. Beezer gave me the pick and TKDRL made the sig for me.

As for your question about how they know the amount of people infected I didn’t find that in the article. I am sure there have been studies but I did read this.

Even less widely discussed, T. gondii ranks fourth among causes of hospitalization from foodborne illness and second among causes of food poisoning deaths in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

I would think the CDC probably has some numbers on it. BTW next time I see the doctor I am getting the meds to clean them out if I have them. The medicine is really nothing more than anti-malarial medication with something extra. I already take anti-malarial when I travel anyway but considering the countries I visit I have probably been exposed several times.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but this is very real. You should really read sources and do your own research. You seem a bit perturbed and distrustful maybe you are infected. I know there is a bunch of BS on the internet and this site as well but there is some real stuff as well.

BTW why did you sign up if you aren’t looking for answers? Every once in a while you can find the diamond in the rough as far as information here. You just have to dig. This is the first I heard of this but many have known for a while. The article is from an accredited science magazine this isn’t a hoax.

Another parasite you are probably aware of which has been labeled a virus is called rabies so yes such things exist.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

More warmhearted.
More easygoing.
Less suspicious.
Less prone to jealousy.

*ba dum tsss*

I know so why are they saying that this parasite is a bad thing? They should put it in the water supply and save marriages.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I thought you were going to mention the parasite that comes from Cats -- it's more prevalent in England.

The parasite is ingenious in that it makes rodents "more brave" after they get infected by the spores in cat poop -- or we could say, suicidal. The rodent then gets eaten by the cat and the life cycle is complete.

In humans it has the OPPOSITE effect of the traits the OP describes; mean become passive and women more aggressive -- which kind of explains what seems to be happening in society in general.

There is so much bacteria in humans, it's hard to say who is really in control. There was a study done with fruit flies that proved it was their gut bacteria that was producing their pheromones -- which decided which fruit fly mated with another fruit fly. Obviously, the bacteria there would release "reward hormones" when fruit flies made contact with the appropriate mate (based more on diet than genes).

In humans, a lot of our neurotransmitters like Serotonin are created and stored in the stomach. Overeating the wrong type of food, might be releasing "reward hormones" to people' brains because we are making the new colonies of stomach bacteria flourish. A lot of behavior and compulsions that don't seem to benefit our lives might come down to manipulations from the bacteria and parasites.

Now if I were evil, and had lots of money, I would definitely look at ruling the world by genetically modifying food to manipulate stomach bacteria -- which orchestrate our moods and impulses. I could make people passive and dependent, too tired and unable to focus to rebel while I took control of things. It's good that people are becoming more aware of parasites -- because they are there, in most Americans and almost anyone in the developing countries. They've been prodding us forever. What you have to really worry about is if someone learns to pull their strings.

If this worries you, start eating Pumpkin seeds and adding more spice to your food.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For people who are interested:

You can get tested for toxoplasmosis antibodies. There are places online where you can order your own blood work through one of the national laboratories. There are also instant home test kits for this. For example, Google toxoplasmosis home test.

Turmeric (curcumin) has been found in published studies to inhibit growth by 97 to 99% over the long term in animal studies. See source 1 below. Active constituents also cross the blood-brain barrier. There are other herbs that also have activity, but they might not necessarily cross into the brain. There are oral absorption issues, but if you search for "bio-curcumin" you'll find brands formulated for better absorption. It would have to be taken more than once per day. It's also likely positive for general health and longevity. See source 2 below.

Source1
Source2

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thanks. Beezer gave me the pick and TKDRL made the sig for me.

As for your question about how they know the amount of people infected I didn’t find that in the article. I am sure there have been studies but I did read this.

Even less widely discussed, T. gondii ranks fourth among causes of hospitalization from foodborne illness and second among causes of food poisoning deaths in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

I would think the CDC probably has some numbers on it. BTW next time I see the doctor I am getting the meds to clean them out if I have them. The medicine is really nothing more than anti-malarial medication with something extra. I already take anti-malarial when I travel anyway but considering the countries I visit I have probably been exposed several times.

Ah! Well, if they are seeing a certain number of cases (and it seems pretty common) in the hospitals, and the CDC has stats, that's a good starting point. So, those anti-malarial meds....do they have any ill effects on people? If not, you would think they could clear this up fairly easily.

The picture is totally perfect for the text! Cracks me up every time I see it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

unusual opinions about the smell of urine.
reply to post by Grimpachi

I found that odd. Wonder if they are referring to their own, or other peoples? Yuck!

But more importantly, how do you get rid of the buggers?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

More warmhearted.
More easygoing.
Less suspicious.
Less prone to jealousy.

*ba dum tsss*

They forgot to say that the other symptoms include psychotic breaks, where they have an overwhelming desire to chop off their husbands little man with blunt scissors....ouch. Test kit...TEST KIT!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It actually is real mate.

Do a search if you like and you'll see.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
"strict laws" - opposite to the occult 'Do what thou Wilst'
"masculine priorities" - opposite to the occult "adrogyny ideal"
"uncertainty avoidance" - opposite to the occult "no inherent good or evil"

I'm really sorry, I am not entirely sure what point you are trying to make. But I really like the sound of the latter options personally. Sounds kind of like progress to me. By comparison at the very least.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join