It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this thing on SkyMap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Please go to SKY-MAP.org and search for 14h 30m 18.67s, +20deg 10' 54.1 you will get this....

I'm no expert but to me it looks like it's Photoshopped.

Is SkyMap a good source or is it full of crap? because I never used it, never even heard about it before.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

It's a reflection of the telescope's optics due to the bright star that was also recorded on the same film plate. The lines next to it are due to a plane trail within one of the film plates used to make the mosaic. Sky-map, google sky, microsoft WWT all use pre-existing sky surveys for their mosaics, in particular the Palomar sky survey for the visible light views.

Here's another example where I went into a bit more detail:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-1-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

These are just reflections of the telescope.

They pop up here and there.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

It's a reflection of the telescope's optics due to the bright star that was also recorded on the same film plate. The lines next to it are due to a plane trail within one of the film plates used to make the mosaic. Sky-map, google sky, microsoft WWT all use pre-existing sky surveys for their mosaics, in particular the Palomar sky survey for the visible light views.

Here's another example where I went into a bit more detail:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-1-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

what about this one?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Plane trail on red plate XP799 (A0TP). (Yeah I know, you didn't tell me the coordinates that time so how could I possibly know? I figured out what they were; RA: 15h 53m 53.141s, Dec: +03° 08' 04.858")
edit on 24-1-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If they are reflections - what are they reflecting off? Why do the three blue lines stop suddenly - on the left side of the photograph. For all intents and purposes - photoshop?!

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Plane trail on red plate XP799 (A0TP). (Yeah I know, you didn't tell me the coordinates that time so how could I possibly know? I figured out what they were; RA: 15h 53m 53.141s, Dec: +03° 08' 04.858")
edit on 24-1-2013 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

I lost that one, but lets try another.

14h35m53.70s, +17°32′10.1

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

They're reflecting off of the internal elements of the telescope. It's a catadioptric. I get the same effect with my telescope, bright stars, and long exposures. The plane trails stop because that's the end of that film plate in the mosaic. Again, sky-map et al used preexisting sky surveys to make their mosaics. Those surveys are made up of many, many exposures. In this case, monochromatic film plates.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I'm not going to do this all night. That's a fiber on the film plate.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I'm not going to do this all night. That's a fiber on the film plate.

Aww why not? even if I say please?

Just playing... Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The top photo is a stargate.

The Mayans have pictures of stargates that look similar to this stargate.
In fact a part of CERN looks similar to a stargate too!!!!
I feel a conspiracy coming on.

I will not be changed from that view because the last time I saw this blue millstone artifact, it had a long spaceship in one of the lines, and where I saw it, was on a Youtube video of someone looking at this very object.

It was in the vicinity of Sirius where the Reptilian armada will be coming from, on 31 March 2013.
Apparently Earth aligned on midnight of 31.12.12 with Sirius, just as it does every 13 years. Last time they tried to invade but it wasn't the right time and were beaten back. Now the Hand of God has been withdrawn and they will be let in. But only for a short time and then they will be defeated by the Army of God and their Leader; Jesus.

Is your blue object in the vicinity of Sirius?? To the north of Canis Major???

Debunk all you like, we will see if it is a stargate in only a few months, but by then it will be too late. If you are on the fence make your mind up soon, as time is short. A remnant will go, and two Earths will arrive; one for further learning and one for those already lost.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I will not be changed from that view

That is not the way to deny ignorance.

because the last time I saw this blue millstone artifact, it had a long spaceship in one of the lines, and where I saw it, was on a Youtube video of someone looking at this very object.

It was in the vicinity of Sirius

Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky, so of course it produces a reflection of the optics on the same film plate. All the brightest stars do.

Reflections identical to the OP's can be found on every one of the film plates that recorded a particularly bright star. The reflection will appear opposite of the star on the film plate. In the case of Sirius, the POSS film plates recorded Sirius in the southern part of the film plate, so the reflection appeared in the northern part. The opposite is true of bright stars positioned in the northern parts of their film plates in the POSS survey, such as Betelgeuse. You won't find Betelgeuse's reflection on google sky though, they used a different overlapping film plate to cover that part of the sky (the way they should have done for the Canopus example I pointed out in the link on my first post) so I took the liberty of saving an image of it from film plate XJ769 (A155) and astrometrically solving it to generate a version you can open in Google earth to overlay directly on their sky mosaic, and as you can see, it's south of Betelgeuse:
nova.astrometry.net...

Debunk all you like, we will see if it is a stargate in only a few months, but by then it will be too late.

Drop the fear mongering nonsense.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I will not be changed from that view because the last time I saw this blue millstone artifact, it had a long spaceship in one of the lines, and where I saw it, was on a Youtube video of someone looking at this very object.

It was in the vicinity of Sirius where the Reptilian armada will be coming from, on 31 March 2013.
Apparently Earth aligned on midnight of 31.12.12 with Sirius, just as it does every 13 years. Last time they tried to invade but it wasn't the right time and were beaten back. Now the Hand of God has been withdrawn and they will be let in. But only for a short time and then they will be defeated by the Army of God and their Leader; Jesus.

Debunk all you like, we will see if it is a stargate in only a few months, but by then it will be too late. If you are on the fence make your mind up soon, as time is short. A remnant will go, and two Earths will arrive; one for further learning and one for those already lost.

If you you saw a long spaceship in this object it should still be there it's a picture in a database of pictures

Earth is aligned with Sirius ALL the time as any two points will always be aligned

aligned : Verb Place or arrange (things) in a straight line.

Well lets see what happens in a few months when nothing happens YOU are going to look a bit stupid then!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Sigh. Here we go again, dates and 'alignments', etc, etc,.

The OP's first photo, he gave the coordinates in his very first line:

14h 30m 18.67s, +20deg 10' 54.1

Sirius is located at 06h 45m 08.9173s, −16° 42′ 58.017″

So no, it's not located anywhere near Sirius.

The artifact in the OP's first image is a reflection of the internal workings of a telescope. The primary mirror, and support structure for the other optics. If you look inside a telescope, you'll find all sorts of interesting things. Here's a view down my 5 inch reflector telescope:

The lines are caused by other objects, very close to us: planes and satellites.
When taking a picture of the stars, whether through a telescope or with just your camera, you will have to expose the frame for several seconds at least because the star light is that faint. The only object in our night sky that you can take a picture of in times of less than 1 second is the moon, because of how bright it is.
Because the frame has to be exposed for longer periods, you will get lines or streaks of light from fast moving objects such as a plane, satellite, or if you're really lucky, a meteorite.
It suddenly starts and stops because that is when the shutter was opened, and when it was closed.

You can see this effect with pictures or even video taken of cars on a road at night:

As for Sirius "aligning" with the Earth at midnight on 31 March, 2013:

Earth is aligned with it right now. In fact, it's aligned with Sirius 24/7. We are also aligned with the moon, the sun, Mars, Jupiter, Alpha Centauri.........take your pick of ANYTHING in the sky and we are aligned to it.

Because you can draw a straight line between any TWO points at ANY time!

Now, if you include a 3rd object, then yes, there are only special times (if any) that those THREE objects align into a straight line.

So no. No "alignment" of any special kind I'm afraid any time soon. But we are aligned to it in a straight line all day, every day, every year.

ALL images that are seen at places like Google Sky, Skyview, etc, etc, are from a data base of images that were taken and stitched together. NONE of them are "real time" imagies.

As for a "Reptilian armada" coming at us from the region of Sirius........hey knock yourself out if you want. Imagination is a good thing to have.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Big kudos to ngchunter and eriktheawful for providing correct and informative answers.

Here's an article that explains those telescope reflections: productforums.google.com...#!msg/gec-sky/YiMJRtzxHHA/wi4LSIWXVIwJ

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

ATS members like yourself are the reason I use ATS to get answers to my stupid questions.

The pictures you posted look exactly like what is on the SkyMap. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
reply to post by eriktheawful

ATS members like yourself are the reason I use ATS to get answers to my stupid questions.

The pictures you posted look exactly like what is on the SkyMap. Thanks.

Your questions are not stupid.

The stupid part is if you DO NOT ask questions about something that you do not know or understand.

top topics

join