It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sodom and Gomorrah and Gods Justice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
God imposed his justice on the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by sendimg two angels to destroy them. The were both cities of vice and sexual freedom. Did he have any right imposing his system of morality and justice on them? Was this an act of Terrorism by God?
edit on 23-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
According to the 10 Commandments, the people of those cities were sinning,. Thus, they were "breaking the law of the land" and "had" to be punished by God.

Why they couldn't repent, or be forgiven by God, is another issue.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It doesn't make much sense to discuss something that has never happened, but it also doesn't make any sense to discuss whether or not a potential "God" has the "right" to do something, may it be good or bad, does it?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Seems kinda odd that God would be so quick to punish Soddom and Gommorah with destruction .. and yet be so slow to punish the modern world for offenses that are much bigger and much bloodier than were supposedly happening in Soddom and Gommorah ....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

More like Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by a natural disaster of some kind, and someone made a story of morality out of it. That's the thing about the bible, the writers took real places, and sometimes events, and introduced God into them, along with their idea of ethics and morality to control the people.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Of course, if you were the one who is doing the bullying, boozing and womanizing, you would not want the gravy train to end, and swear upon anyone who have the guts to stand up to you and your kind.

But if you were one who is manhandled, abused against your will, bullied, beaten, trod up, spat on, discriminated upon, murdered or sacrificed, or worse, seeing all these happening to your loved ones, I am sure you as a human would go nuts and launched yourself upon the beasts whom had done such evils upon you.

You seemed to have lost your moral compass, but I hope that you find it one day, to discern right from wrong.

While it is true, none of us were there when the tragedies occured, but history and anthropology studies on the nature of mankind is seldom wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Our common Creator is a merciful almighty being.

If you had read the hebrew chronicles, you would have realized that Lot, an empathatic human and a relative of Abraham had pleaded and bargained with Him to let the cities live as they could be innocents there, and He agreed.

Unfortunately, despite whittling it down to just a few innocents that he could find which He agreed, Lot could not find anyone, even offering his own loved ones to the demonic mobs who after years of subjugation, no longer having no faith, Lot found none who was willing to change their ways, for evil ruled and had contaminated all of them. The innocent were either dead or were numb by the horror they witnessed, and became apathetic.

And thus the end came for those 2 cities, a reminder of what He WILL do, if mankind refuse to mend their ways.

Like an artist who has the FULLEST RIGHT to destroy his own creations if it turned out bad or a blight to his other creations, so too our common Creator, who loved us and gave us life and so much more, even free will to choose to find our ways and not self destructive ones as those 2 cities had done.
edit on 23-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

But if you were one who is manhandled, abused against your will, bullied, beaten, trod up, spat on, discriminated upon, murdered or sacrificed, or worse, seeing all these happening to your loved ones...

All of these things are happening right now, on a much larger scale than Sodom and Gomorrah. I don't see God raining fire and brimstone anywhere on the earth at present. It's ok now, but not then?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Doesn't change what I said. He came down really hard on Soddom and Gomorrah but is letting the modern age do a heck of a lot worse and isn't smiting us. It's kinda odd to me.

ETA - and I bet the souls of those from Soddom and Gomorrah are jumping up and down and pointing at us saying .. 'look at them!'

edit on 1/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You may not realize it, but today, in our world that has more humans than in the past, so too are there many more people like Lot, pleading on mankind's behalf and actively trying to correct errors to progress and evolve.

But make no mistake, there will come a point when the cries of the suffering will be reached for action to take place if they fail completely, as Lot did
edit on 23-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

He made the human race he sets the rules we live by, even if today 95% of the human race doesn't live by them. What you see as good he sees as evil, and vice-versa. He declared homosexuality an abomination in his eyes, the only reason he doesn't destroy cities for it now is because of what Jesus did 2000 years ago. The OT was about showing mankind the wages of sin is death, the NT is about showing us his mercy and forgiveness. Considering that we're an incredibly stupid race, that is headstrong and foolish, doesn't appear like we got the message to repent because things have gotten worse and on a worldwide scale, not just a few podunk cities along the Dead Sea.

Not to mention the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was not totally about homosexuality, that was just a tiny bit. They wanted to rape the angels, and they were acosting travelers, robbing and murdering them (banditry), and stealing from widows and orphans and commiting lewd sexual acts with them by force, committing abortion and well, pretty much just about everything you see today that pisses him off, they were doing. This wasn't just about sexual depravity, those cities lost it on every scale. Which means we're long overdue for a dose of his judgement and it will come, it's already on the way.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If you read your Bible you'd see that you're wrong. It wasn't Lot who bargained for his and his family's life, it was Abraham.

Yahweh was a blood thirsty, hateful god that wanted to destroy people from here to eternity.

Deuteronomy
24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.
25 The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.
26 I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men: 27 Were it not that I feared the wrath of the enemy, lest their adversaries should behave themselves strangely, and lest they should say, Our hand is high, and the Lord hath not done all this.

Who were these adversaries that Yahweh "feared"? The other gods of course!

If you read the Vedas or the Bhagavagita, you'll read of all kinds of battles and wars the gods waged against each other, and the people and their cities were just innocent casualties of their battles. If Yahweh really existed, then so did the other gods. Yahweh waged war with the other gods and Sodom and Gomorrah were just casualties from battles that Yahweh either lost and took credit for, or won and took credit for. In my humble opinion.

edit on 23-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yeah both cities were nuked because of a disagreement between "gods". "Gods"? I think that was a misconception by intelligences not capable of comprehending infinite consciousness.

Most likely it was meant to be interpreted as such.

At some point in time mankind was smart enough to realize they had been being taught by creatures not of the earth. When they were smart enough to ask questions and understand them a statement was made.

"We're gods" Meaning we are all gods you I and every other thing.

"We are brothers and sisters".

Mankind interpreted it in an incestial way but was actually meant to be comprehended as associates in the game of life. We are all a family.

On the topic of the cities being nuked. To many ancient transcripts report a black cloud of death or some cloud in the sky that wherever it goes death follows. I believe this to be nuclear fall out!
edit on 23-1-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

The point here is who are we to question someone who might have a much larger comprehension level then we do. As they obviously know more about what they're doing.

And whose to say it's not just an excuse to look back in history and say you know what? Someone had advanced technology back then. It wasn't us.

Fingerprints of the gods!
edit on 23-1-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
God imposed his justice on the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by sendimg two angels to destroy them. The were both cities of vice and sexual freedom. Did he have any right imposing his system of morality and justice on them? Was this an act of Terrorism by God?
edit on 23-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

If you asked God whether he has a right to impose his system of morality and justice on the world his reply to you would go something like this:

'Who are you to question me, to me you are an ant that I can squash with my thumb'

If you were to ask Jesus whether God has the right to impose his system of justice on the world his answer would go something like this:

'What is it you desire for assuredly I tell you that as every hair on your head is known by the Father so too are the secrets you hide in your heart'.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The were both cities of vice and sexual freedom. Did he have any right imposing his system of morality and justice on them? Was this an act of Terrorism by God?

Is wanting to gang rape a mans male guests "sexual freedom" for you?

Because thats what the Sodomites did. They found Lots guests very handsome and wanted to rape them. Unfortunately for the Sodomites, the guests were actually angels.

Big mistake. They asked for it.

edit on 24-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

check this out.

Sodom and Gomorrah, hard evidence.

Akragon thread
edit on 24-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join