It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privilege theory and its parallels to Christianity and antisemitism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
belmont22.tumblr.com...

I've noticed "privilegers" tend to have a really ugly, vengeful kind of attitude with things. I've seen this first-hand with Occupy people.

Basically they think if you're of the male persuasion and have predominantly European ancestors you can't understand pain and oppression and you're the cause of all the world's problems.
edit on 22-1-2013 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Maybe were not the cause today but it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to say our ancestors were.
Even today look at who owns the companies (banks included) that are responsible for most of the worlds ills.

In terms of the system being biased towards whiteys...... Not sure if its the system or just peoples perceptions.
I think holywood has alot to do with it. People around the world see hollywood blockbusters and grow up with white people as their heros and having things they dont have.

Im not gonna complain though, works out well for me being a whitey in SE Asia

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Maybe were not the cause today but it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to say our ancestors were.
Even today look at who owns the companies (banks included) that are responsible for most of the worlds ills.

In terms of the system being biased towards whiteys...... Not sure if its the system or just peoples perceptions.
I think holywood has alot to do with it. People around the world see hollywood blockbusters and grow up with white people as their heros and having things they dont have.

Im not gonna complain though, works out well for me being a whitey in SE Asia

They just happen to be white though. It's not like they truly care about others, not even other white men.
I agree being white and to a lesser extent being male gives you a certain privilege but I don't think it's the only thing that allots a person privilege in this world. The left focuses way too much on being anti-white male.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
belmont22.tumblr.com...

I've noticed "privilegers" tend to have a really ugly, vengeful kind of attitude with things. I've seen this first-hand with Occupy people.

Basically they think if you're of the male persuasion and have predominantly European ancestors you can't understand pain and oppression and you're the cause of all the world's problems.

So you are branding the Occupy movement a racist movement? Who exactly is they?

At least you did not throw logic out the window or anything like that....bullet dodged (oh wait...).

The Occupy people have a lot of young people, and when young people realize they are being oppressed they tend to not handle it as well (duh?).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by lampsalot
belmont22.tumblr.com...

So you are branding the Occupy movement a racist movement? Who exactly is they?

At least you did not throw logic out the window or anything like that....bullet dodged (oh wait...).

The Occupy people have a lot of young people, and when young people realize they are being oppressed they tend to not handle it as well (duh?).

Actually Occupy is anything but a youth movement. I'm 23 yet I feel like a baby compared to most of the people there.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Oh. Well, in that case continue to stand up against hereditary prejudice. I thought you were against the Occupy movement and looking to make them out to be a racist group.

I have mixed feelings about OWS. It is too easy to slander a group of people that are not actually officially a group of people. Similar to Anonymous, you really can't say OWS did this or that - you can only say some people in OWS this or that.

top topics

join