It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Who wants to place a wager as to what types of "weapons" will be found at the scene???

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The school that O'bama's kids attend has armed guards, so why shouldn't all the other schools that his kids dont attend also have armed guards?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I don't doubt for a second your media is responsible. In America you glorify the lone hero thing with movies with John wayne and Clint Eastwood etc, your society is divided between republicans and democrats, you live in a violent society, you're a war-mongering country, slightly xenophobic and ignorant about most of the world outside America, at least at a young age (again due to education, media and other such crap such as pledges and devotion to a flag and all that patriotic rubbish) - you also refuse to update the mentality of the country beyond the founding father amendments. What I'm saying is, your culture is based on this stuff.

Every time a serial killer or mass murderer does something, he or she becomes infamous - the media glorifies him/her and puts him/her in the limelight, as opposed to burying this glorification.

And yes, this is a microcosmic example of what America (and other strong countries) does to other countries. In some ways it's a reflection of the barbarity of war, but instead of some knuckle-headed marine shooting 'brown' people, it's your own children shooting each other in the face.

RIP America.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

A shotgun, and pistol. A guess

But the conspiracy side of me says there will be an evil assault rifle there. Even if it wasn't there. 30 rd mags everywhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
North Harris county. probably some gang activity.

Where is the out cry to stop the gang insanity versus disarming the average citizen? I know, it's too dangerous to try to stop and disarm the gangs.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman

The school that O'bama's kids attend has armed guards, so why shouldn't all the other schools that his kids dont attend also have armed guards?

Why should any school NEED armed guards? It's a place of education, not a military boot camp or a vault.

link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I'm watching CNN and they're claiming there is a second shooter.

link   

I starred your post but have to tell not to give up on us just yet. It is not the average American that you see portrayed in the media circus. We are Not the Politicians nor the Elitists.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
reply to post by SpaDe_

I think that the MSM has sensationalized this to the point of copycat killers. They watch it at home and see how much attention they would get. Which is exactly what the are after.

I agree. The First Amendment was not written in a time of instantaneous mass broadcast media reports. The founding fathers clearly would not have intended to create an enterprise which facilitated instant gratification to attention whores and the mentally possessed. We must enact press controls now to keep our children and our country safe from this modern crisis.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
Heart goes out to these people. on the other hand isn't that a gun free zone already.

I guess the bad guy didn't see the sign

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
Who wants to place a wager as to what types of "weapons" will be found at the scene???

I am going to say a single handgun based on the reports that it's gang related. Highly doubt this will be an "assault weapon" scenario.

link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

If it is not the weapon of choice to ban assault weapons one or more will be placed there.

link   
reply to post by txinfidel

How did picking your stomach up off the ground feel?

link   

Originally posted by Jess117
reply to post by SpaDe_

Will see if I can get a link and an update on that from CNN's site. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

How is it unbelievable. All these politicians in Washington have kids, and they go to schools where there is a strong armed presence. That way you wouldn't dream of pulling anything because you would get owned.

And you have no qualms about allowing guns into a classroom? I don't know what's more absurd, the fact you've been conditioned into believing that carrying guns in the street and in schools is normal, or the fact that you society is self-destructing to a point were you have no other option but to arm school teachers.

It's like a bad dream or a dark comedy, but without the comedy.

Nothing is self destructing.

There were tons of killings in the ghettos through the 90s and it didn't cause society to self destruct.
Many dozens of them involved innocent children at schools. But the media didn't turn it into a debacle the way it is now.

The media has skewed your perception of reality, also the fact you are not here adds to this ignorance.

In reality, I will go to the store or something, and everyone is acting normal.
I haven't seen anything crazy in real life (like murders), and I am 31 and am not sheltered at all, I have been to almost every state in the union and also Canada and Mexico.

I didn't even see anything crazy in Mexico either, but that was in the 90s so I am open to the possibility that it may be worse there now overall.

Oh and by the way, since Mexico's gun violence issues are way way worse than the USA's , what are their gun laws I wonder? Oh it's heavily restricted?

How do you ban a black market? Mexico sure cannot manage it.

link   

Originally posted by Jess117
reply to post by SpaDe_

Black male
fled north into woods
appx 18 yrs old

link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Excellent point. I will call my Senator with that idea or important suggestion.

link   

i find it profoundly odd that common citizens of the world still refer to themselves in a duality kind of way. when you talk about us you talk about yourself as well because there is no real dividing line between peoples of the world, except the fantasy image portrait by the global elite\governments.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

reply to post by SpaDe_

I think that the MSM has sensationalized this to the point of copycat killers. They watch it at home and see how much attention they would get. Which is exactly what the are after.

I agree. The First Amendment was not written in a time of instantaneous mass broadcast media reports. The founding fathers clearly would not have intended to create an enterprise which facilitated instant gratification to attention whores and the mentally possessed. We must enact press controls now to keep our children and our country safe from this modern crisis.

I totally agree, but allow me to play devils advocate for a moment. Would that not infringe the first amendment? Would that not be hypocrisy?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

reply to post by SpaDe_

Although I like the idea of banning media lies, sensationalism, and agenda-mongering...

I will have to put my hand up and say Halt, do not pass.

We cannot afford to censor our media any more than it already is, as this could easily become a new route for abuse and even worse conditions than we already are facing.

How about this solution?
Let's stop watching this garbage! Let's boycott.

Once rating hit the floor, they WILL change or else go bankrupt.
Basic economics.
Vote with our $$$$
edit on 22-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join