It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Looks At Worm Therapy To Treat Autism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
How about stop using the vaccines?

How about PREVENTION instead of treatment?

ermmm... dont wanna rain on your parade, but vaccines are in fact a preventative measure. Immunization in order to prevent disease.

Stop using vaccines? Sounds like a poor idea, for so many reasons.

We would at least have some serious problems traveling abroad...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by magycpapyri

no thank you, i'll pass. perhaps for some auto-immune diseases it may be effective, but i don't believe the source for autism is an auto-immune disease, and even if it was, the damage has been done.

we have no way to fix abnormal neurotransmitter receptors, gross differences between normal white and grey brain matter and the distribution rates found in autistics. no way to repair over functioning and under functioning brain regions.

symptoms can be alleviated (i've heard dietary changes can work well) but the overlying condition has no treatment or cure.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The "worm therapy" is called "helminthic therapy". It clears up autoimmune problems for awhile. The worms produce an enzyme that turns off the immune system so that the body does not attack while it is eating its way to your gut. You see the worm normally enters through the feet and while traveling to the gut it needs to have the body ignore it. With the immune system turned down from the enzyme most autoimmune problems will diminish if not totally disappear. After the cure for the worms are administered the problems will return sometimes worse sometime less. What I find strange is that if this works for autism would indicate that the autism is an autoimmune problem. That I did not know. For more information do a web search on "helminthic therapy". There is tones of information out there on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

why isn't the enzyme harvested, or produced synthetically? surely it would be safer that way.

i don't think autism can be an auto-immune disease. it doesn't worsen over time, as would be the case if the body's immune system were attacking the nervous system, and it doesn't account for the differences in white/grey matter, abnormal receptors, or the consistent pattern of symptoms.

if a person has MS, it can manifest as any number of symptoms, depending on what the immune system attacks first, and it spreads as more neurons lose their myelin sheaths, which causes the transmitted signal to be inhibited.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

It's sooooooo ass backwards, you have to pay more to get pure foods, than the chemical soup foods

I plant a huge ass garden every year to help offset it a bit, and hunt/trap/fish a lot of wild game for chemical and hormone free meats.

As for the treatment, seems interesting, but scary at the same time. Reminds me of back in the day when they would leech you for everything.
edit on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:21:25 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Don't know about autism, but I had chronic inflammation
due to autoimmune disruption.
Years of trial and error, finally I found the source to be
sulfites, nitrates and nitrites (artificial food preservative)
Kills good-bacteria,
which will then mess up your immune system !

Prevention is the answer. Just try this for one
week, I will grantee it will make a major difference ! :
Stay away from preserved possessed foods,
cold cuts, hot dogs, coincidentally nitrates are added to vaccines
to preserve them too, most fruit preserved drinks,
dried fruit with added preservatives . . .
READ THE LABELS.
It's best to just stick with basic ingredients when grocery shopping, and
make your own so you know whats in the food you are eating !
Nitrates, nitrites and sulfites will give food longer shelf life but also
will kill good bacteria, which will then mess up your immune system !

Seems these paid ? studies are just to get us going in
circles, to distract us from the real cause ?

Sulfites#Health_risks
Nitrosamines
preservation#Nitrates_and_nitrites

edit on 23/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Care to take the time to elaborate as to how an autistic child should do this?

Or how a parent or carer should advise a child with autism to "go into their bodies and let their immune system know the score..." ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

vaccines should be slowly phased out. they're effective in the short run, but in the long run viruses mutate faster and more effectively than we can create vaccinations for them. they become stronger and spread faster.

used sparingly, vaccines can be very good, but training to fight punching bags (vaccines use deactivated viruses) is much different than stepping into the ring with something that can fight back. the more we rely on vaccines, the less effective our bodies are at dealing with threats on it's own. this lack of "training" can be passed on genetically given enough time. it is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I agree totally! Vaccines should be phased out or the parent should have a choice as to if they want their child to have them, instead of being pressured/forced into getting them.

I recently had my son at the doctor for a check up, they told me he was healthy but needed his flu shot, When I told them "NO", I was treated as if I had just committed the ultimate sin!

As we live most of the year in Iceland, I take my son to the doctor here when I come home for vacation in the states for his check-up, I'm really starting to think I should just stick to the Icelandic doctors, where vaccines are not pushed!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Wanted to share the chart for the EU regarding immunizations for children. As you can see, most countries do not mandate shots. Its very interesting, if you start looking at actual statistics of diseases by country.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
My father used to tell me that our immune system needs something to fight or it will start to fight us. This seems to be something that is being tested by some scientists and the results are promising. We haven't been on this planet for this long if our immune systems were flawed. We all need specific diets tailored to our genetics. The old saying that a protein is a protein was a lie. The stupid assumption that we have 22 essential amino acids is a deception. Everyone is different and some of us need different amino acids as essential in our body. Ignoring our cravings is ludicrous. Get away from high sugar foods that they are feeding us and consume longer lasting energy sources. Every muscle of a cow has different nutritional properties, same with humans. So many foods that they say are good for us are only good for those with a high metabolism, they dope up and sicken the people who don't have a high metabolism.

Here is a good article I found. www.greatplainslaboratory.com...
edit on 22-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Heard a story about this on NPR. A guy went to Africa to get hookworms to test the theory. His asthma cleared up. He now raises the worms and sells them to others. Pretty fascinating but it also points out how you can be to clean and be affected negatively by an antiseptic environment. Couldnt find the guys story or his website but I did find this:

Hookworms used to Treat Asthma

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by magycpapyri

I recently had my son at the doctor for a check up, they told me he was healthy but needed his flu shot, When I told them "NO", I was treated as if I had just committed the ultimate sin!

Thankfully I had my son's pediatric neurologist recommend that my son NOT get flu shots due to my son's recurring migraines a few years back. Since then I merely say "Oh, no I'm sorry - his NEUROLOGIST recommended against it..." Case closed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

I'm in my 40's and am autistic on the high functioning side. Also have a teenaged child with Asperger's. I absolutely agree with you. The biggest problem is that society tends to demonize the different and, I've found that, among all the autistics that I know, we all think and view the world in a radically different way. In my small group, I've found that we tend to be more deliberative. We are not quick to fall into fads and, in fact, my small group of autistic friends all frequently get puzzled by fads. Compared to the normative society, we tend to be infinitely more reflective. For my child, going to high school was like visiting a zoo on a daily basis. While other kids were behaving recklessly and getting into fights, my child was breaking up the fights and asking them if they were young adults or children. My child never threw a tantrum in a store, treated fragile objects with care as a toddler, and was accepted for college at age 15. We're not broken. If anything, I see autism as nature's way of responding to an ever growing, overstimulated population. Maybe if people actually stopped demonizing autism as some sort of illness, they'd see what we have to offer.

No worms in this household. We would never want to be like the rest of society.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by magycpapyri
reply to post by Heisenberg59

I agree with you there, as I've wrote threads on this before, but its not just a simple "I'm going to stop using vaccines". I've seen people say this over and over again, but try getting a child in school or daycare without a shot record. It won't happen! Been there and fought it.

so yes although I do agree we need to be looking for the source that is starting Autism, finding a cure is also a good thing, even if it involves WORMS! "shivers"

Bah. The worms are no big de. Took them myself actually. Bought human whipworm TT from some ace in england. Came in a tiny vial. Tiny. Had no odor or taste. Supposed to have 1000 eggs in it.

I was told I could have some cramping and discomfort as they took up their place in the colon. I dot recall anything important. And that was it. That was two years ago so they should be mostly dead and gone by now.

I took them to see what they did to determine if thy were safe for my child. They seem fine. Not sure how effective they will be. Didn't go any further because it is VERY expensive. 3k US a pop. Just don't have the cabbage.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

3K for a frikken worm? Damn, I am in the wrong line of work methinks

edit on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 05:09:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Homeopathic remedies for autism spectrum disorder

Thuja – Ill effects from vaccinations. Fixed ideas. Seems as if soul and body have been separated.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
How about stop using the vaccines?

How about PREVENTION instead of treatment?

Uhm... Vaccines ARE prevention!!!

LOL So funny...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

They are not prevention for autism.......

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Vaccines prevent autism?

Are you retarded?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join