It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The effects of masonic ritual on mind, body and spirit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Dustytoad

What is the relationship of most Masons to Christianity?

Im not a Christian but I have an affinity to Christianity and its many denominations and teachings nonetheless.

Jesus said, “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness” John 12:46 He also said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Having stated the truth above, the very first degree of Masonic ritual states "You have long been in darkness, and now seek to be brought to light.”

There is obviously a liar on the loose, and it isn't Jesus Christ. And yet thousands of Christians blindly walk through that Masonic ritual hearing those false and blasphemous words from men who's love of self is so exalted that they think it's them who can bring someone into the light. Sure they can, just not the Light that is Jesus Christ nor the Light of the Most High. Just the light and brightness of beastly Adam.

Rituals, created by men for men, to worship the created. Rituals, perceptions of the senses that do nothing but prove lies as truths to men who prefer to stay in darkness.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

A poor blind candidate who wished to be brought from darkness to MASONIC light.
You silly thumpers just won't give anyone else their own version of anything will you. If it doesn't drip with the Blood of Christ, it must be of the Devil. I feel sad for your existence. And your severe lack of knowledge.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I hereby and herewith acknowledge and recognize your contribution and addition to this thread and forum.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Life isn't lofty goals of looking for the light as a separate entity like Jesus or Lucifer, God...

It's the balance of living through good and bad times..

I think (do not know at all) that masonry is more about the balance that breeds the middle path..

Be Square with me Now.

I'd almost want to become a Mason, but I'm not one for labels and groups. It would be nice to know more people that think like I do, but I don't know who they might be, because I am so not the norm, and yet everyone IS human..

I guess I actually Love Christians as I do Muslims and Jewish and Bhuddist peoples, and others...
But the problem I have is that people want to separate God.. Those same people think it's evil to be godly, whereas Jesus said paraphrased "you will do greater things than I with but a mustard seed of belief."

A broader expression of the One is always welcome in my temple.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Let me know if you need any help.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Life isn't lofty goals of looking for the light as a separate entity like Jesus or Lucifer, God...

God both immanent and transcendent, both within and without, both one and separate.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

God both immanent and transcendent, both within and without, both one and separate.

I know, but if you kindly refer to one of my earlier posts, you would see how I defined God, as in relation to a beatles song called "within you without you."

I only come to balance the understanding, and when I see people looking up and down and left and right I have to tell them... It is You too.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It has occured to me personally that the functions of masons are all in all simplistic and honorable at the lower levels and yet we all wonder what happens at the highest levels of such a concept.

I believe one of the main things that can help one advance besides a good mind for life in general is a good memory and they select and encourage such traits in a way.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergiana
It has occured to me personally that the functions of masons are all in all simplistic and honorable at the lower levels and yet we all wonder what happens at the highest levels of such a concept.

I believe one of the main things that can help one advance besides a good mind for life in general is a good memory and they select and encourage such traits in a way.

No matter which degree is being worked, the distinguishing charateristic of that masonic work is the ritual.

Thats why it surprises me a little that hardly anyone seems to want to comment on the effects of those rituals.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

I invite masons and non-masons to share their views.

I'm sorry but I am a bit confused. How could a non-Mason have a view or opinion on Masonic rituals if they have never attended one?

You clearly haven't spent much time here. Lack of relevant grounding in a particular subject has never been perceived as an impediment to an opinion. In fact, it seems almost desirable to lack actual exposure; otherwise your conspiracy would be tainted

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

No matter which degree is being worked, the distinguishing charateristic of that masonic work is the ritual.

Thats why it surprises me a little that hardly anyone seems to want to comment on the effects of those rituals.

The people willing to answer something like that don't know the answer..
Are not Masons supposed to not reveal the rituals? Wouldn't saying the effects go against that?

I was under the impression you were a mason for some reason. Maybe you could tell us?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
However... as of now, the governing philosophy of the world is controlled by a FALSE MESSIAH, the entity drawn on your dollar bill.

Righty-o. What about the rest of us? You know....the Masons who aren't Yanks? Last I checked, unless you're talking about Lizzie there's no false messiah on the Loonie.

You Masons are the idiot pawns of an artificially intelligent hyper-computer.

ORLY?!? That's nice.

And what about yourself?

Congratulations. Knowledge is Power, right?

In a manner of speaking, yes. Why do you ask?

With enough Power, you can destroy the world a zillion times over.... and you can keep repeating the same trap-door puzzle you always repeat.

12 Monkeys.

Oh goody!

Fitz

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

A Mason who tried to kill me once told me that "emotion is weakness".

What kind of beings don't have emotions?

Artificial ones...

Un huh....riiiight!

Perhaps not all masons realize the massive con they are a part of, but for the ones that do... they are perfect emulators, but they cannot feel because they have discovered that they are purely emanations of the Machine.

I always love it when a non-Mason waxes lyrical about all the inner workings of Masonry he/she hasn't experienced but knows implicitly where Masons are generally clueless in his/her estimation. The hubris, it burns!

The traditional "Mason" is a psychopath.

ORLY? Do tell! And please be so kind as to provide links to reputable sources backstopping your assertion. I wouldn't want your post to be dismissed out-of-hand for lack of supporting evidence

All psychopaths need a power source, and that power source is Us.... those who truly exist.

Hooookay.....that's.....interesting.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I don't think the candidate has any earthly idea about the ritual at the time. He is taken into an unfamiliar situation, given a guide to trust and at the end of it all, he is overwhelmed with confusion. Then comes the lecture. If given correctly, it's slow, methodical and easy to follow, but if given by a novice, it's choppy, confusing, and very hard to follow. So then the newly made mason could only gain insight into that ritual by participating in another one, or at the very least, viewing a few. I don't believe it's meant to be understood right away.

And then there are the floor movements. I have been told there are very specific meanings to them as well, yet most of us are blind to that aspect and concentrate on the wording. (I fully admit to being of the second kind)

But luckily, we have a lifetime to discover all these things.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by notkmarx
there is a local mason lodge in my town.
i've talked to several masons that are a part of that lodge.
i was told my "standing in society" didn't meet their lodge's "minimum requirements".
i know nothing of their "rituals" other than what i have read on the internet.
my christian friends think i should be fitted for a straight jacket for trying to join the masons.
that's my experience.

ORLY? I'm sure you won't take it personally if I call Bravo Sierra on this little tale. Doesn't pass the sniff test for a number of reasons. And I think I'd agree with your friends (though perhaps not for the same reasons)

Fitz

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I never saw the inside of a lodge room before my initiation, as I was being led round HW I had this image of grandeur, of people sat at a higher level than they were, of archways. Then was surprised when ltbl I saw the room and its IMO humble furnishings.

My passing was a double, but it still made me think.

My raising was wonderful and was left with a mental image of a P within a C for a good few days after, which made me think of its meaning a lot.

Practicing the working tool has also given me greater insight.

I love ritual though and see the importance of it, and as with meditation it is a form of mental conditioning that the individual is in control of.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

Did you get it right away, or are you still learning new facets of the degrees you went through?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Are not Masons supposed to not reveal the rituals? Wouldn't saying the effects go against that?

There is no ritual that isnt somehow available on the Internet. The days of mystery and secret are long gone. One of the biggest remaining secrets of freemasonry is that there are none.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
But luckily, we have a lifetime to discover all these things.

Indeed. The question in the OP comes after slowly, ever so slowly awakening to the idea that there might be more going on in the ritual than meets the ear.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamjar
[
I love ritual though and see the importance of it, and as with meditation it is a form of mental conditioning that the individual is in control of.

Yes somewhat. Years and years of attending the rituals as a participant and as an observer and as a visitor condition the mind to the precepts taught.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join