It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would America be like if we lost the Revolutionary War?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
We would still be apart of the disgusting British empire, I imagine. It's difficult to imagine that the British would allow America to emancipate the slaves, or war with the South for the Union of States. The British would probably have colonized much of the world as that has been a main feature of their imperialist and Anglo-Saxon superiority agenda, in my prophetic view.
You do know that slavery was outlawed in the British Empire between 1833-1843, right? That would account for the Underground Railway.

More to the point, I would say the US would have become much like Canada and become a member of the Commonwealth. On the other hand, nothing to say that it would be United. I would guess that France and Spain would have retained much of their territory as well. Good question, OP. S&F4U!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Maybe, maybe not.
Aren't there many people now, that were raised in one country, that have moved to another, do to that countries policies or politics?
Just because you are raised with something, doesn't mean you like it, or let it continue.

There are, but those people are a minority every where you go. The majority of the population stays put. Believes what everyone else believes that live there, obeys the laws there enforced. Your parents would teach you to love your country and trust your governments. Because...you would still feel that you live in the greatest country in the world. Whatever the economic or political situation would be.

It's called (crazy blind) nationalism...and it is the basis of the existence of nations/countries.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I had responded to the notion that the British are seen as having outlawed slavery at some point, in the post right before your own, JohnnyCanuck

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I had responded to the notion that the British are seen as having outlawed slavery at some point, in the post right before your own, JohnnyCanuck

We had - in our territories.

Sorry but you can't re write history simply because you do not like or agree with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

We had - in our territories.

Sorry but you can't re write history simply because you do not like or agree with it.

I'm sorry, but I allow for the feeling of slavery to be up to the individual to determine when their country is under military occupation. British laws have a fictional aspect to them

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Slavery is alive in some form in every country in the world today. It has a different name though.

If you work for a minimum wage, and use that wage to survive, than you are in fact a slave....working only to survive.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article, printed in Junior Scholastic back in 2005.
I uploaded the actual article images below but heres's a link to just the text.
freedomflix.digital.scholastic.com...

What if America Had LOST the Revolution?
By Kathy Wilmore
From Junior Scholastic, October 3, 2005.

Did you ever wonder what your life would be like if the United States were led by a king or queen?

Picture this: In a town square in London, England, a noisy crowd of people surrounds a wooden platform. Four hangman's posts line the back of the platform. In front of each post stands a man, hands tied behind his back and a rope hanging loosely around his neck.

A government official steps forward and silences the crowd. "Hear ye, loyal subjects of Britain! Before you stand four men who have been found guilty of an unforgivable crime: betraying their king and country. These traitors led thousands of their countrymen in open rebellion against their sovereign." He turns to address the four men. "George Washington! John Adams! Thomas Jefferson! Benjamin Franklin! As punishment for your crimes, you will hang by your necks until you are dead!"... Continued below

Page 1 of 3

Page 2 of 3

Page 3 of 3

Map of a possible Alternate America

edit on 1/18/2013 by ghoulardi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

I do like Canadian (Club) Whiskey and Australian (Fosters) Beer.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

I dont see the French in your "alternative" map.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I wonder how the period around the Abolition of Slavery (Civil War) would have turned out....the southern provinces rebelling against the "Commonwealth of America".

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ghoulardi

I think revolution would still happen, maybe at a different date. Different people, different names. The desire was obviously in the Americans to rebel.

The subdued can not stay subdued forever. Sooner or later the oppressed rebel against the oppressor. It's like action - reaction thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Nope, though I didn't create the map and also, I wrote above it "a possible Alternate America".

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Always glad to get the opinion of a "Canuck" on issues like this!

edit on 18-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ok, I get what your are saying, but you can't make it a blanket statement. Your parents might not teach you to love your county, They may in fact teach you not to.

The only reason I am arguing this point, is that a good friend actually is in the US now, do to her upbringing and family loathing of her country.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What would America be like if we lost the Revolutionary War?

Like it is now all we did was trade one tyrant for another.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
take a closer look and you will find that america did not win the revolutionary war.

Please share your thoughts and facts...you have the floor.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Ok, I get what your are saying, but you can't make it a blanket statement. Your parents might not teach you to love your county, They may in fact teach you not to.

The only reason I am arguing this point, is that a good friend actually is in the US now, do to her upbringing and family loathing of her country.

You're right. I misspoke about parents. What I meant is educational system. It will teach you nice history and mold you in to a home grown soldier. A patriot. Like most people are to a certain degree.

Good for your friend. Some places can be hell, but there is always a question of critical mass. Your friend is still in the minority that escape. Majority stay and "suffer in silence" thus promoting further the oppressive system.

You and I may be surprised from our perspectives, but there are people that think Hitler was great. How many followed him ? How many even today celebrate him. Even in the US, you have Neo Nazi movements It's because they have been conditioned from the get go. By a group, or an individual, or an institution.

The same way most of us are conditioned into being patriotic, for the sake of survival of the state. So you would be....in this Commonwealth America.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i'm not saying i support this 100%, but it is an accurate assesment of the history involved ...

www.in5d.com...

All of the Founding Fathers had two things in common. They all shared the gift of a good education or were gifted individuals, and they all came from families of business and or substance. These men all suffered from, “visions of grandeur!” They viewed America as their one opportunity to make them powerful and wealthy “……….to ourselves and our posterity!” Initially, their plan was to steal America away from the King; despite the fact that King George funded the exploration of the New World, which legally gave him first claim to all new continents discovered.

One thing the Founding Fathers did not know, was that all of the Kings lands and all future acquisitions such as the AMERICAS, had been given and pledged by King John to Pope Innocent III and the Holy Roman Church, by the Treaty of 1213. After that fact was proven to the Founding Fathers; King George and representatives from the Vatican; decided to use the Constitutional draft created by the Founding Fathers, to further their plan to control the Colonists! Control attained by bringing the Colonists to their knees in debt! Any way you read it, the Constitution was never written with the intent of benefitting the American people!

The Declaration of Independence is another story omitted from our American history books. Of the fifty-one men involved in the creation of the Declaration of Independence, twenty-one were actually (traitors) and on the Kings payroll. During the Revolutionary War; English Officers were provided the names, addresses and family members of these thirty (loyalists) involved in the creation and signing of the Declaration of Independence. The English soldiers had been ordered to hunt down and murder all thirty (loyalists), their wives, children and all relatives, with further instructions to burn their bodies inside their homes. The soldiers were to leave no trace of these men and their families; to wipe out their existence for an eternity! The history of civilizations has taught us all that martyrs are dangerous to men of power and King George didn’t want to leave any martyrs! It is pretty obvious who provided the detailed information about the thirty (loyalists), their family and addresses!

Once the cost of the Revolutionary War sufficiently placed the Colonists in debt; the English soldiers were ordered to dispense with their efforts, recover their arms and within the next eight years they eventually returned to England. The Colonists were so glad to see the fighting stop; that they allowed the soldiers to retreat and exit America peacefully. There is an old legal Maxim that states: “The first to leave the field of battle – loses.” Pursuant to this Maxim, the Founding Fathers proclaimed the Colonists the victors! A Maxim is a legal truth that is time honored and incorruptible

In reality, the War was just a diversion! The Colonists had no chance of succeeding in their efforts. Examine the facts for yourself! During this era; England had the largest Army and Navy in the World. King George owned England, Ireland and France, having a combined population of about 60 million subjects. The Colonists were poorly educated, poorly armed and composed of farmers, tradesmen, bonded slaves, women and children and boasted a total population of only 3 million subjects. And considering the undermining that was occurring to their nation by the Kings spy’s and the Founding Fathers; the Colonists didn’t have a prayer of defeating the English!

there is quite a lot of info out there along these lines, often you will find it if researching 'financial freedom'.
it goes against what we have been taught, but that's kind of the point, YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS !!!
the fact is, at least up to very recently, we were all owned by THE POPE, thru various edicts and such that created THE CROWN, with the Pope as the head, the financial district of london as the body, and Washington D.C. as the military arm.
this system is currently being dimantled and is no longer in power!

any argument you may have for or against this is WELCOMED, as it shows you are in support of the death of the 'POWERS THAT WERE'!
edit on 18-1-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Best asked question I have seen in a while on ATS mainly because it has me thinking all types of different scenarios and how they would have panned out.

The amount of wars that the US have had since us has been pretty big, would they of happened?

If we had US/Canada/Hong Kong/Australia/India and some parts of Africa who knows what we would of taken next, TBH The British where very aggressive in there stance of foreign affairs and they would of had to be stop at one point as global domination would of ensued, but my mind can only imagine that is what of happend. But with a sustain and continuous birth of freedom fighters popping up all over the place trying to defend their former country.

As a British person I'm kinda glad someone stop all that becoming a reality for today's world. I love other cultures and traditions makes the world a more beautiful place.

edit on 18-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Heres another question, If America had lost the civil war and was still controlled by Britain would Britain have been able to win WW1 or WW2?

Could we all be Germans today?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join