It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God live in the here and now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
But even if this was true--even if this event was to happen. How would the person who the subject (hell, object--really) of God's attention even be fully aware that it was God. By the laws of God's own reality--humans have tendency to reinterpret improbable events to things more understandable and standard to their everyday experiences. Furthermore, such attention would probably only lead the object (human) being more focused on the event itself, rather than the desired outcome of the event by God.

All in all, I just find the idea of believing in something, who by it is very nature, is unintelligible to us and appears to be perfectly fine with this condition, maddeningly unappealing. If there was a God, I hate to say it, but I would have more bones to pick with it than hugs to give.

Edit: Furthermore, how would a God reasonably expect beings such as us to distinguish its presence from us from say something like a inter-dimensional being or aliens or even our own imagination. How would we know from our subjective viewpoint what is the God and what is Not-God. You see, there seems to to be an inherent disconnect in the transferring of information about what God is due to are subjective viewpoint or perhaps even God's viewpoint. Because of where we stand in Reality and where God stands in reality---specific information transfer is untenable. Main this thread got by cranium cranking.

-TheGhoster
edit on 18-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

LOL! YES!

My poor little Mouse has a kink in it's USB cable and even though it is old I feel it is getting jealous of the new baby I brought home a Wireless Mouse...so rather than make things easy for myself I use my old little mouse so it will not fell bad or lonely.

LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

HIS? DOUH!

Your KILLING ME! LOL!

Like I have said to many a person who asks if I believe in GOD. I say...YES! Someone is out to get me!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

What will be the future for a human race without God

Good question. If we look at our history we have done exactly what humans do whether there's a god or not. If no god, we war over land, treasures, women... If there is a god, we war over land, treasures, women, but all in the name of god.

Future humans will either find a way to make this world a better place, or we'll push the extinction button - god or no god.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

If there is a GOD...it probably is nothing like people think it is or could either understand or define. A GOD certainly would not have GENDER and I get a good laugh every time someone say's HIM or Father. LOL!

Since the issues of Good and Bad are simply Human Beings connections to survival on an instictual level as we are ANIMALS and are not removed from the Animal Kingdom...although our large brains which are very much still only in their very early levels of development have allowed us to form laws and social do's and don'ts based upon various concepts of morality.

We do not consider a LION to be evil or breaking so called Commandments of GOD when say a Male Lion kills another rival male for the right and position of Pride Leadership as that Lion will immediately kill any former Pride Leaders cubs once he takes over the pride and then has sex and impregnates all Female Lions of the Pride.

Although we see horrific acts done by some people these acts are driven by a primitive instict ingrained in all of us but capable of overwhealming reason of others who are not capable of overriding such instinct. Humans still have the insticts to desire power which once obtained is specific to then obtaining resourses and breeding capabilities.

Split Infinity

Lions are not mankind.
Mankind are not lions.
Lions weren't given commands by Our Creator.
Man was.
Convincing yourself that MAN'S reasoning and rational conscience do not make us different from mere beasts is simply justification in one's own mind to act like said beast.
Man has no excuse - he's knows wrong and chooses to do it anyways.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

People have been to ingrained with religious doctrine as they seem to no longer be capable of making a logical determination or guess about what existense means.

We have been slammed over the head since birth with what the proper way of thinking is as well as been told that a GOD that seems to have Human like desires and goals is living in some Human Conceptual Paradise that one cannot get into when one dies if they don't follow the rules.

Who is to say...HEY! I don't like your ideas about where we go or Why do I have to go there? Why can't it be like THIS?

Or in another direction completely...since we do not remember what of if existense was like prior to birth...why should we worry about existence after birth?

I find it rediculous that some people feel that a person must be taught religion just to make certain they don't go on some Killing Spree or turn evil. Wanting to be a good person is self evident. I would like to be treated the way I treat others...respectfully and in a good way. Why would I want to be violent to others when I know what it is to be treated violently?

Of course Biology plays a major part as well as ancient anamalistic instinct...but a person does not need religion to understand such things.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

It's not justification it is revelation of thought.

A person does not need either Religion or belief in GOD or even threat of punishment in order to act and do the right thing. To believe so is ignorant of some peoples understanding that wanting to be a good person is SELF EVIDENT.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Actually, it's quite the opposite of what you are thinking it is. God has His full attention on this planet. The great controversy has been going on since before the beginning of our existence, and God has utilized everything within His just laws to create a way out for mankind.

The more people deny the Holy Spirit, the more things will appear bleak to them.

And prophecy did say that this type of mindset would be rampant in our day:

2 Peter 3:2-5(KJV)
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Edit: Furthermore, how would a God reasonably expect beings such as us to distinguish its presence from us from say something like a inter-dimensional being or aliens or even our own imagination. How would we know from our subjective viewpoint what is the God and what is Not-God. You see, there seems to to be an inherent disconnect in the transferring of information about what God is due to are subjective viewpoint or perhaps even God's viewpoint. Because of where we stand in Reality and where God stands in reality---specific information transfer is untenable. Main this thread got by cranium cranking.

-TheGhoster

Very good points you raised in your post. Life is a kind of supernatural experience simply by the fact it exists yet we as humans do our best to explain it away as ordinary and normal. Possibly if God is real yet can take many forms mabey only our imaginations and emotions are capable of making a real connection with God. Possibly then that would make our imaginations Angels, which could be either Dark or Light depending on the individuals inherent nature.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

People have been to ingrained with religious doctrine as they seem to no longer be capable of making a logical determination or guess about what existense means.

We have been slammed over the head since birth with what the proper way of thinking is as well as been told that a GOD that seems to have Human like desires and goals is living in some Human Conceptual Paradise that one cannot get into when one dies if they don't follow the rules.

Who is to say...HEY! I don't like your ideas about where we go or Why do I have to go there? Why can't it be like THIS?

What actually is Heaven requires asking what does it look like, who lives there and how do the people in Heaven live. I mean, is it like earth where people live in houses? Do people in Heaven still eat food and have desires? If that has all been taken away to ensure the purity of Heaven then a rose in heaven will not smell like a rose its scent wil be bland and odourless as to ensure no memory of desire has not entered through Heavens gates from earth.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

And the reason you believe this is you were taught this. What if you were never taught this? Just becuse you were not has no logical basis for a person to act in an evil manner.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Can that worldview be worked into Christianity, Judaism or Islam? Sure, why not? We don't need to think of ourselves as a "failed experiment" -- why not think of ourselves as one of many species in this universe, all loved and guided by their creator, looking to grow closer to him? Who is to say that there is only one intelligent form of life in this galaxy (heck, on this planet?) and that each isn't given its own connection to God in a way that's appropriate for them?

Rather than complain about being abandoned by God, why not get outside that box of yours and go look for him? Because he's there, just maybe not where you think he is

Man violent outbursts may originate from his desire to get Creators attention. Like the outbursts tantrums of a children seeking attention from Parent. Is a ignored child loved? I am putting forward the hypothesis that humans are the Black sheep of Gods family of species in the universe. If this is the case should we continue to be loyal in the hope of winning his love and growing closer, or should we face reality we are the Black sheep and therefore reciprocate and be Rebelious.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Godisnowhere.

God is now here,

or

God is no where...

How did you read it?

Maybe it is just a matter of perspective depending on how you look at it or what you define "God" to be.

To be not to be is the question to here and now or where and how does God reveal himself to you as you read this now.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Like I said, we're not ignored. I am one of millions who sees signs of something divine in my life (one such experience is documented here.) But I had to go find God, he wasn't hanging around, pestering me to hurry up and believe.

Until you look, you're not going to find him -- sitting around complaining isn't going to do it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Here and now is all that will ever be known.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Does God live in the here of now, the now the here the where and how, where is God now? Did God look at human kind that he created and think what a failed experiment and turn his back away. Is it any mistake the earth is in a solar system on the edge of the galaxy, is this where the failed experiments are put? out to pasture to be forgotten and pulled by magnetic tides to fade away in a sea of galactic dust. What will be the future for a human race without God, will we be able to survive or does it mean the inevitable end of the human genome DNA. Did God pull the pin on our DNA and walk away?

Who still believes in God these days anyway? Does he pay for your taxes, does he feed your family? when was the last time he did something for you? have we all not been duped by that chump and his second comming, kinda overdue a bit isnt it?

God is seeing.
God pretends to be something other than God so he can experience what it feels like to not be God.

There is nothing but God pretending.
Pre tending to the future - he is man.
Returning to source he finds who he really is.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Your post leeds into what I am talking about.

If you had never been taught about even the concept of Heaven or GOD or Christianity....and someone was to ask you...If you die and your spirit goes to this place...what would that place look and be like and what and how would you exist like?

The vast majority of people not ever having been taught or even discussing Religion or Heaven would draw upon logic and experience in the way they answer.

They would first conclude that as it pertains to the questions papameters that after they die they exist as a spirit or soul that it is obvious to assume that since they are now dead and exist differently than they did when living that their needs or lack of needs would no longer be those when they were alive.

They would also logically assume that since they no longer had a physical body that the needs and desires of the physical would no longer be needed. Thus they would not think that any place that they would travel to...if they even thought that after death in a spiritul form that they would ever stay any one place for any time...would be one where they would eat or drink or the rediculous idea that they would ever want to be confined to a physical body again given the advantages as existing as Spiritual Energy.

Such a person would never think of such illogic that some Christians believe in that as a reward for their strong beliefs that they would be granted a Giant Mansion and gardens and land in Heaven as again such things are desires of power and is exclusive to the desires of the body. I find this issue particularily funny as I know people that believe this...as they don't even see that they are still desiring POWER AND WEALTH even after the moment of Death! LOL!

The fact is that people believe as they do as far as what Heaven is...Because they were TAUGHT such things. It is obvious that such teachings came from the minds of Ancient Man as if such Religions were written today...they would list rewards in a much more Metaphysical way...such as...Your reward for you faith would be the ability to travel and create any reality you choose as well as go foward or back in time to see your relatives in either directions as an observer.

Ancient Man did not have such advanced thoughts and his concepts of reward was very specific to going to Heaven and then being rewarded for his faith with all the very Physically Real and Tangible Delights that are Good Food and Wine...a Palace like the royalty and Kings and Queens of the day enjoyed and specifically ROMAN based pleasures...and the ability to have power in that once dead they were rewarded with everything that Men of Power such as the Romans were to Christians...would have.

It is completely obvious that the New Testament has in it many promises given to the faithful for their beliefs which they sometimes were killed for and a Christian that believed that if they did not renounce their faith and thus be crusified or killed in the arena...they would be greatly rewarded for doing so. The Bible's words are specific to describing Heavens rewards to an ancient Christian readership that was tempting death just for believing and tempting torture and worse just for faith. How reassuring and calm one could be as they were placed upon a cross about to be nailed to it as they thought how in a short time they would be drinking wine in the Garden of their Massive Heavenly Estate...which would be the reward for their soon violent death.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by SplitInfinity

What actually is Heaven requires asking what does it look like, who lives there and how do the people in Heaven live. I mean, is it like earth where people live in houses? Do people in Heaven still eat food and have desires? If that has all been taken away to ensure the purity of Heaven then a rose in heaven will not smell like a rose its scent wil be bland and odourless as to ensure no memory of desire has not entered through Heavens gates from earth.

Heaven is right here... right now .....and all you have to do is look with eyes that see

(The kingdom of heaven is within)
so within... so without

The world reflects your state of being

Heaven is a state of being ..(a state of grace)

very hard to explain to a person who has not yet had this experience of "heaven on earth"

to be given a rose when in the state of heavenly being (Grace).....
the sensation of the rose ..(Touch,smell, sight) can be overwhelmingly glorious

"To see the world in a grain of sand,
and heaven in a wild flower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour."

William Blake

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

edit on 20-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join