It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Colluded With Big Banks to Spy on, Undermine Anti-Wall Street Movement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

FBI Colluded With Big Banks to Spy on, Undermine Anti-Wall Street Movement

www.blackliste dnews.com

Newly released Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) files prove that federal agencies within the United States government colluded with the private sector to spy on the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) movement even before the first demonstration was held in New York City’s Zuccotti Park.

“These documents show that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are treating protests against the corporate and banking structure of America as potential criminal and terrorist activity,” stated Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Executive Director of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). “These
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I haven't read the documents yet, but they are damning if true. Although I doubt anything will ever come to it.

It does show however how imbedded big business is within the various 3 letter agencies. And how they work to protect them as opposed to your rights as citizens.

Banking institutions were also heavily involved in the intelligence gathering activities. According to PCJF, “The Federal Reserve in Richmond appears to have had personnel surveilling OWS planning. They were in contact with the FBI in Richmond to ‘pass on information regarding the movement known as occupy Wall Street.’

There were repeated communications ‘to pass on updates of the events and decisions made during the small rallies and the following information received from the Capital Police Intelligence Unit through JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force).’”

It's clear that the OWS movement was doomed from the start. Not only from it's internet issues as a movement, but because of the insane amount of resources and effort put in by opposing groups.

~Tenth

www.blackliste dnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's clear that the OWS movement was doomed from the start. Not only from it's internet issues as a movement, but because of the insane amount of resources and effort put in by opposing groups.

It only will help shape things for the next time people revolt against the 1% that controls society. Did you notice any change or attempt to clean their act or even openings to compromise to any of the multiple demands of the movement ? I didn't, I see business going as usual...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

That's because OWS was never really organized. It was an organic protest with no real goals or aims.

It's sad because the movement could have had ALOT of weight had they filed for new political party and done actual things to change the system.

But as we see time and time again, people have no problem skipping work to go out and protest and spit on cops, but they can't be bothered to do any actual leg work to solve their problems.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No surprise and in light of this I have no doubt that in future gun registration laws this list will be on the ready to doublecheck for 'questionalble protest behavior' thus a denial of the request.

OWS was a great way to get yourself on that list. I precisely why I believe the movement was cointel from it's conception.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

I compare it to the Tea Party movement. It started as a legitimate movement and then was hijacked by special interest and big money.

The same happened to OWS, except instead of it being the Koch brothers it was George Soros.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Give me just a minute to put on my "sheeple" outfit. . . . OK, I'm ready.

I really appreciate your passion. It's a good way to call attention to significant issues that people would otherwise ignore. Keep it up. I just don't understand it in this case.

My memory might be faulty, but wasn't OWS supposed to be a part of a world-wide movement which was hoping, at the fringes, to take down "the system?" I seem to recall Anonymous support for OWS, and there had been various computer attacks on financial institutions suspected to be from China, Russia, and Iran. Cybersecurity was a hot issue, if I recall. Our financial system was a tempting target, and OWS seemed to be about attacking the financial system.

Newly released Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) files prove that federal agencies within the United States government colluded with the private sector to spy on the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) movement even before the first demonstration was held in New York City’s Zuccotti Park.
Leaving aside the "colluded" issue for a moment, I would have expected federal agencies to investigate rumors of a threat to the financial sector before any action was taken. They do it to the Klan, various right-wing militia groups, radical Islamic groups, etc. That just seems like good law enforcement and protection.

“These documents show that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are treating protests against the corporate and banking structure of America as potential criminal and terrorist activity,” stated Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Executive Director of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF).
Well, it is potential criminal and terrorist activity, isn't it?

Banking institutions were also heavily involved in the intelligence gathering activities. According to PCJF, “The Federal Reserve in Richmond appears to have had personnel surveilling OWS planning. They were in contact with the FBI in Richmond to ‘pass on information regarding the movement known as occupy Wall Street.’
This ties in with the "collusion" issue, above. People don't normally equate the Federal Reserve with the private sector, and "Banking institutions" seems to include credit unions and small town banks, which weren't involved. It seems that the Federal Reserve was the only "banking institution" that conducted intelligence gathering.

There were repeated communications ‘to pass on updates of the events and decisions made during the small rallies and the following information received from the Capital Police Intelligence Unit through JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force).’”
Wouldn't you want there to be? The "events and decisions" were in the open (if you could get past the wiggling fingers), why not pass information around to the people concerned?

So, I'm sorry, I just don't understand the outrage.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well, I just got done reading it. They deleted so much, it wasn't THAT much when it comes down to it. I made a few notes for highlights though, to save people some hunting. The whole thing is worth the read though, to be sure. Much HAD been Secret/Noforn level as well, which usually means it's several shades lighter brown than the average B.S. floating around.

Pg 56. mentioned facebook and monitoring for threats made. It specifically mentions around redactions that it's not 1st amendment covered. That being, a threat on Facebook.

Pg. 57 is the clearest report I've read about the Portland, Maine Chem-Bomb attack on the Occupy Portland camp. A good read for those interested.

Now the next part pisses me off to no end. I was in Occupy in terms of living in camp at Occupy STL for the last part of October 2011. Communication between camps was limited on a national basis but it existed. We never got warned and if others had been, we'd absolutely have heard about it. I guess they'd just let some folks get shot without ever knowing the threat exieted.

Pg 61 Sniper Threat in multiple Texas cities

Pg 68 October-19 / Sniper Threat - Occupy Jacksonville camp / Jacksonville, Florida.

Now the least they can do is let targets KNOW when there is a credible threat to shoot them with sniper tactics. For the love of human decency, I literally looked up into sniper rifles one night and in more than ONE direction. I happened to choose the one with the World Series 3 blocks away and Michelle Obama is a World Series fan, Who knew? (shrug) Now, I get a much deeper chill though. Those could have been other people just as easily and we'd have all just assumed cops and done nothing drastic like take cover.

There is something a bit later they could just as easily have left out and I wish they had...but it deals with a certain magazine published out of Yemen...and how reading it can apparently make for evidence against someone. interesting on that... Hmm.. Course, I've only heard about that magazine. Never seen one.

Pg 88 mentions reporting any Occupy related criminal activity or threats to the Iowa Fusion Center
OH REALLY?

and Pg 91 almost sounds accurate and sympathetic. Then again, Richmond had decent relations with authorities for much of the Fall protest season too...so that one being half way honest sounds right.

Most of the rest is rumor, innuendo and so much horse manure, I don't know whether to laugh or be mad the Government is reading such things and believing them. I never knew Occupy ..the OCCUPY people ..to be directly after the major banks. Not in a true THREAT kind of way like so much of this is talking about. Paranoia is the word that comes to mind. Extreme paranoia.

Anyway... Hope my little summary adds to things.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Colluded with big banks people.

Read my words. It is not the government you should fear. They are hand cuffed by the constitution.

It is the the corporations and banks you should fear.

They are only cuffed by lack of loopholes.

Somebody please make a thread about corps and banks having so much more power than the government . The government now is controlled by the banks and corporations.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfHart

Read my words.

The government now is controlled by the banks and corporations.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

the original intent is one thing. what it's become is another. Like the guy said about the Tea Party being hijacked, its simple.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I view OWS as a fabricated movement that was created as a trap of sorts. It was the perfect method to ID a specific element of our population in an effort to "test" just how far they would go. The movement collapsed when the puppet masters who were staying in luxury hotels at the time cut the strings.

Bye Bye for now OWS. Until the govt. needs its "left wing" useful idiots back in the game. Currently they are manipulating the other side of the political spectrum in an effort to illuminate the "right wing whackos" in an effort to see just how far that can push them.

We are in the middle of one hell of a game right now. The nation is completely fractured and this latest move to virtually eliminate the rights of Gun Owners and above all to demonize gun owners is going to drive the wedge even deeper.

They have to completely collapse the nation from within before they can reshape it in a manner they see fit. The Shadow Party is in full swing and they have a full second Obama term to firm things up. We can't let this Progressive extremism win!!
edit on 18-1-2013 by jibeho because: add content

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

We are a corporate dictatorship in the nation where private interest has taken over the government and ruling behind close doors with legislation.

America government is not longer for the people and by the people, every laws that are passed for control of the populations right in the nation are bound to be promoted and supported by the dictatorial powers of the private interest, mostly the mob cartel within the banking industry.

But sadly most Americans are still blind by the hopes and change that political rats offers to them thanks to the propaganda paid by the same interest money that has take over for the people politicians.

It doesn't matter how many times you tell people they don't get it, their minds can no comprehend that this type of corruption is happening in America.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Disrupting the financial system is a matter of public safety.

The FBI were obligated to investigate and intervene.

Imagine a system controlled by a bunch of snot faced college kids with no experience in reality.

Who wasnt a liberal in university? Its a passage of life, not real solution.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It may surprise people to hear me say this but I firmly believe Occupy America and Occupy International was our last, best chance for peace. It was the last chance our nation had time to explore for citizen activism.

Please, everyone, keep in mind while you judge what you think you know of Occupy....that you're largely basing those judgement from the same MSM reporting you wouldn't take the word on for the time of day or color of the sky without pics or supporting sources.

When I got back from St Louis and returned to simply monitoring, recording and passing down info to Occupy from the livestream and other media feeds (it proved more helpful than standing in camp for me anyway) I wouldn't have recognized MY OWN CAMP to read and listen to media reports about it. The place I'd JUST LIVED for a period of time and helped with security for ....and the MSM was so warped and blown on THAT ..I had to work at it to recognize their events as the ones I'd just lived through personally. ( ? ? ? )

Yeah, OWS had some wild characters .. and damn sure, the origins and core support of OWS wasn't what it appeared to be. It's taken all this coming out to see what I wish more could have said then. I'm not the ONLY one who left Occupy and kept quiet on some details of what happened there for leadership....however, that doesn't matter.

Why?

It doesn't matter because the leaders, such as in Occupy STL, were 3-4 people in a camp with a running population of 50-75 overnight residents in October of 2011 and daily numbers running 150-250. Events brought that as high as 1500 (the march on Monsanto Headquarters
and the march on St Louis city gov't right before I'd gotten there to help out brought massive numbers) ..so if leaders in the "leaderless movement" became the remaining problem? Voting them "off the island" was a mathematically simple thing. The problem, of course? The media showed the WORST of Occupy by showing the worst sides of the worst camps in the nation.

I don't recall which page.. but one of those gave an estimated total of camp locations and it jives pretty close to what I recall myself from knowledge working inside Occupy at the time. 4.25 Million people was the count I saw in late October. It covered almost every state and countries in both Europe and Asia ...as the FBI so helpfully confirms there themselves. Nice of them to be running a survey at the same time.....and WE HAD THE NUMBERS .... Occupy just lacked the focus and wanted TOO MANY THINGS to ever work, IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow now that's a story thanks for sharing mate

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Although I would agree that the policing of the protests, and the behavior of the banks in general has been, is, and will continue to be bloody dreadful, I have to hold up a hand and ask one question in the face of this thread, and the article it was spawned by.

Since it is fair to say that some of these companies being able to trade, is crucial to the survival of the dollar as a currency, and by extention, the US as a global leader in financial matters, it is not a suprise that the FBI and DHS would have been deployed in the role as described. Wether one agrees with it or not, these things are indeed a matter of national security, just not in the manner to which people are accustomed.

Rather than being under threat from bombers and fiends intent on chemical warfare with the USA, the threat that was prevailing at the time of the Occupy protests, was that massive companies, which have international clout, and whose presence in the USA makes the States a world player, and without whom the States would be a non entity financially, were under siege. People outside the buildings there were calling for everything that makes this mega corperations powerful, to be done away with, essentially calling for the financial centre and every company operating from within it, to cease being successful , and concentrate on being fair.

While a fair suggestion, there was no way the government and its agencies could overlook the threat to the US financial system, and its position on the world stage, that would come of any appeasement of the protestors demands, by the companies involved.

Now, I personally do not agree with the way these things were handled at the time, nor do I believe that the priorities of the government in this matter were attuned correctly to the priorities of its people. But they never are! Its business as bloody usual!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If you really thought that was your best chance then you never actually had one.

I cant help but laugh at this 'people vs the government' romance.

Grow up. get involved.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Well, you sound like the expert for advice if you're able to condemn the efforts of others. In that context, please do tell how we should 'grow up and get involved'? I'm serious on the question too. What course of action or career path would you say the 20 somethings of today would best pursue to see change come?

I say Occupy was the last best chance because it WAS the last chance the nation likely will have to organize ANY large #'s of people for ANYTHING before it becomes impractical to do. I never agreed with all Occupy stood for. Not even half of it. I didn't have to though. I stood with them for the time I did because if we, as a nation, can even GET FAR ENOUGH for the differences among the protesters to matter for something to get worked out? We've achieved total success by today's standards and it's MUCH further along the path of change, together, than I can see a way to get to now.

So... It's easy to ridicule those who have done something as being the wrong thing to do. Maybe it was too....but it was something more than sitting around.

So, again.. what would YOU recommend and suggest, since you're quick to say what isn't worthy of time or effort?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Well, you sound like the expert for advice if you're able to condemn the efforts of others. In that context, please do tell how we should 'grow up and get involved'? I'm serious on the question too. What course of action or career path would you say the 20 somethings of today would best pursue to see change come?

I say Occupy was the last best chance because it WAS the last chance the nation likely will have to organize ANY large #'s of people for ANYTHING before
it becomes impractical to do. I never agreed with all Occupy stood for. Not even half of it. I didn't have to though. I stood with them for the time I did because if we, as a nation, can even GET FAR ENOUGH for the differences among the protesters to matter for something to get worked out? We've achieved total success by today's standards and it's MUCH further along the path of change, together, than I can see a way to get to now.

So... It's easy to ridicule those who have done something as being the wrong thing to do. Maybe it was too....but it was something more than sitting around.

So, again.. what would YOU recommend and suggest, you're quick to say what isn't worthy of time or effort?

Ok. So lets say its occupy and a hundred million people turn out. The government is like "oh god they found out lets run away"

Now what?

I was down at an occupy rally in vancouver. i stick by my snot faced college kids, who had NO PLAN!!!

So was everyone just supposed to back down and follow these fools. they dont even know what they were doing.

If it was a choice ill run with the NWO, at least they have a plan.

Hoe to gey involved? Whatch your congress in action and write letters to point out falacies. They know you are paying attention they wont act so out of touch.

Run for office

Start groups that can protest private ownership of media and the need for fair balanced reporting of all issues.

Get involved.

Disband the government and leave it in your hands????

No thanks!

You believe the government has super natural powers and they will end up with just that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join