It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Colluded With Big Banks to Spy on, Undermine Anti-Wall Street Movement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Although I would agree that the policing of the protests, and the behavior of the banks in general has been, is, and will continue to be bloody dreadful, I have to hold up a hand and ask one question in the face of this thread, and the article it was spawned by.

Didnt manage to get my question in so here it is...

Why is this being called collusion when a business is involved, and the normal running of an intelligence network at all other times?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

It sounds like we do agree on a few points at least. Some though, we likely never will. At least you physically WENT to an Occupy camp. That is literally more than many critics have done or can say. I applaud your effort in that respect to learn yourself what you could from the one visit.

Let me lay out something that may surprise you though. I'll note here that the video records of Occupy STL are still up on their site for all to see, including the GA meeting your's truly played "Mr smith goes to Occupy" to fight for my right to carry inside the camp under my CCW permit...

I've said enough about my own background in plenty of threads to make it clear I was not your average Occupy member. However, I wasn't alone for stereotypes. At least there. Our head of Safety was a former combat veteran with a strong background in Military Intelligence. The 2nd on Safety who I worked directly under for guidance in Safety Committee things was a retired Deputy Sheriff. Another on the Committee was also a combat vet out of Iraq and one other in camp was of the more obnoxious (In my view..because he hated CCW and fought me hard at GA on the issue) of the well known Veterans for Peace organization. Those folks wouldn't pick up a gun if their lives depended on it, I am honestly sure they mean that after knowing some.

So... Outside of the 'politcal cadre' as I have come to think of them in STL, the primary 'leadership' personalities in the camp were former military or law enforcement. Occupy was NOT a single movement ...which was part of the problem... it was a collection of like minded people with mutually exclusive backgrounds in many cases.

Oakland was a combat camp...straight up. Los Angeles was as Red as the Kremlin and they made NO bones about saying so...sans the actual Soviet reference. Nashville was non-violent DESPITE repeated provocations and abusive raids to try and turn them violent. SO much more would have happened if they'd bit the bait..but like MOST Occupy camps of the time, they weren't out there to kick ass and take names. They were out there as average people showing Uncle Sugar not EVERYONE was a happy camper in this new Utopia. Orlando was likewise peaceful with average people and kids. I watched the camps for the duration when I wasn't living in one, to record as much for historic archive....and thats how I came to know some of these places as well as if I had lived in them too.

Occupy had leadership problems...as this thread shows. BAD BAD leadership problems. Occupy had SERIOUS denial issues of criminal elements who sought out what Occupy had to offer and generously shared. (was robbed blind for and used to death for is another way to put it). Occupy DID have numbers though....and if they'd have some sensible leadership like, you, for instance.....or some of those I worked with in St Louis ..... It all may WELL have gone differently. They needed to use the cities as the mere recruitment stage and time to be nice for SUPPORT not fighting. THEN... it should have moved to D.C. En-masse with the collective national camp numbers.

Egypt would have looked small by comparison....IF it had just been done a bit differently and without cross agendas.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Of course, the government would have every contingency plan to protect the status quo, and the Big Banks are a big part of the Status Quo.

Obama, the Wall Street Puppet, was never on the side of OWS, but for Propaganda and mis direction purposes, many subscribed him to the movement. It was a clever ploy by them and many to label the protestors as commies and those wanting free handouts, when the majority want the Big Wall Street Banks out of the government.

I was on other forums recently, discussing how to get the Wall Street Banks out of the Government, and was shouted down as a commie. How does wanting the Banksters out of my government make me a commie? There are many people that preach free and fair markets out of the side of their mouth but do not want the Big Banks to be subject to the same markets everyone else is and want them at the head of the line.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok. So you agree or even knew all along that Occupy had poor leadership and direction. Plenty of support but nowhere to focus it. I agree even un Vancouver the people there were very safty concious. It would have been a great crowd to organize a camping trip with and we would have had a lot of fun, but... They wanted to change the world.

Democracy was built to give everyone a voice. what is wrong with using that to swing things to irradicate the lower class and casterate the upper class? The system was designed to allow for changes that reflect the voice of the general public.

Our democratic governments are not the problem in my opinion. they are our only shot at taking back the power of money and media away from the few that packed together and waged war on us.

Occupy would have if successful made wallstreet look like victims of anarchists. Now if it were political figures and union reps or the likes that were down there it would have made a bigger point.

It scares people to think about collapsing the system and starting over. More involvement in what we got to shape it into what we need is the only possible course that i can see. And believing its not possible is exactly what the 1% want which tells me im right. im not saying your wrong... But im right

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

It's clear that the OWS movement was doomed from the start. Not only from it's internet issues as a movement, but because of the insane amount of resources and effort put in by opposing groups.

It only will help shape things for the next time people revolt against the 1% that controls society. Did you notice any change or attempt to clean their act or even openings to compromise to any of the multiple demands of the movement ? I didn't, I see business going as usual...

Yep, it is business as usual.
I was arguing with another person about the corruption and the Big Banks controlling our government.
The person said that it is the government meddling with the banks with more and more regulations.

I just about fell out my chair. The regulations are worthless, because the toothless underfunded SEC that is supposed to enforce them does nothing because they are involved in backroom deals as well. The ones that get called out, pay the fine, then they do it again, and again, because the profits are worth the risks, and just chalked up as the cost of doing business.

www.nytimes.com...

Citigroup is far from the only such repeat offender — in the eyes of the S.E.C. — on Wall Street. Nearly all of the biggest financial companies, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase and Bank of America among them, have settled fraud cases by promising the S.E.C. that they would never again violate an antifraud law, only to do it again in another case a few years later.

A New York Times analysis of enforcement actions during the last 15 years found at least 51 cases in which 19 Wall Street firms had broken antifraud laws they had agreed never to breach.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Our financial system was a tempting target, and OWS seemed to be about attacking the financial system.

Well, you hit the nail on the head Charles, but I hope you are not one of them, that think having a Wall Street Government is a good thing. It is working out good for them, but how is that working out for the rest of the country?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Indeed, I will definitely agree Occupy had a poor leadership structure. They had two problems there, as I'd say. First, what leadership WAS 'organic' and long term was NOT what I'd call interested in the best for the general population. That all came before my involvement though and mid-august sounds about right to when I started seeing rumblings on People's Liberation Front sources and similar places for it.

On the local levels of the camps, everyone wanted a 'Leaderless' set up. Which, as you surely would agree by how you sound for background to me, can't work. Someone DOES have to make decisions in a lasting way which isn't rotating daily with G.A. schedule. Someone HAS to be a point of contact for local authorities (we had that one worked out in our camp...but many others openly refused to even let cops or medics IN...crazy on that). The drive to have NO one lead ...and more importantly, NO ONE be responsible or liable for anything which happened...is a large part of what I think doomed it to failure.

No recognized leadership means no direction for goals, agendas or when milestones have been reached to even tell if progress is being made. NONE of this basic logic existed that I ever saw. If it did in New York, it wasn't on display at the G.A. sessions on Livestream, to be sure.

I thought I'd share this as well. I did a thread awhile back with some of the photographs and other material from Occupy STL. This is what a well run and CLEAN camp looked like.. They really did exist.

Occupy America and how one camp worked well..

Did everything work well? No. Were there rapes in that camp? Yes. There were. More than one...and aside from the most general discussion, that's as far as I'll go on that for privacy and trust issues to those I was there with. It happened though, yeah. Theft absolitely happened. These are the areas I think they were in denial.

The thing is..and what drove me nuts? I was just one guy in one camp and I believe, if I'd wanted to dedicate 100% to St Louis (I went originally to learn how to do it for my city. How to make a camp and make it work from the ground up, which I did learn well) I could have brought or at least INFLUENCED change in the direction it would have made that location more effective. If more like me..and you for that matter, had been directly IN the movement, the problems within it could have been addressed by like minded people interested in solving it.

Occupy WAS open and "people powered" to that degree...as the documents this thread is based on show for the infiltration of Occupy by Federal Informants. That's the other thing... Occupy REFUSED TO BELIEVE they were infiltrated. Hell.. We had two St Louis Police Officers IN camp and living as part of the group.
To this DAY I seriously doubt most of the camp would believe who they were either...... Most didn't notice when they both split and when they were around..so they wouldn't believe why that happened with such coincidental timing.

edit on 18-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

saved me the time of pointing all of this out on my own. FBI investigates all manner of criminal and suspected criminal activity. they talk to the people impacted by said activity. why anybody is surprised that any government agency was talking to any financial institution about the protests is beyond me. i would be mind boggled if they weren't.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I think that it is worst that that, and like a cancer it is spreading around the world.

the corruption and the Big Banks controlling our government.

To me it seems that there is no longer a clear distinction between Economic interests | Government in the US the notion of corruption only makes sense if you have no money, object to live in a oppressive state and do not hold stock on that corporation. If you look at the politicians when not in "public service" they are inside the corporation it would be simpler if in place of the US Government we could simply state the US Corporation.

The person said that it is the government meddling with the banks with more and more regulations.

That is the idea behind free markets the problem is that due to active corruption and the way the corporation uniquely dedicated to profit they will try every way possible way to increase those profits. A corporation has no social memory it has employees, consumers and stock holders, the rest if the competition.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Soros had/has nothing to do with it. The movement is not dead just in a different phase, hop on twitter #occupy if you care to see how it's not dead.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You still understand nothing. Leaderless did and does work. It's so clear you understand nothing when say something as foolish as:

Los Angeles was as Red as the Kremlin and they made NO bones about saying so...sans the actual Soviet reference.

when no communist living today would even fathom associating the USSR as communist. In fact way too much time is devoted to arguing that idiotic claim.

More foolishness:

Occupy had SERIOUS denial issues of criminal elements

Absolutely false criminal elements became a very major topic at GA's nationwide as well as going to the cop baby sitters only to be turned away.

Occupy REFUSED TO BELIEVE they were infiltrated.

Another falsehood. It was talked about as frequently as being co-opted which is to say 24/7.

This is why I get so beyond frustrated with you, I don't understand how you can claim to have lived among them as long as you did and just spew this. Most of what you say just simply isn't true and it's getting more elaborate all the time.

Why? Breitbart et al not doing a good enough job for you?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to say that I did share your urge to grab the mic and start making some framework. I didn't though, and why is because it really seemed like there was a mob mentality. I got the feeling that any measure of direction would be viewed as anti-occupy. Especially if a lot of my views required the use of the current political model which seemed completely banned from any discussion. Nobody tried but everyone was banned together so closely it gave the impression that "your with us or against us." That is not what i was told it is just how it felt.

There was a pretty smart 12 year old boy that got the mic for a while. That was the highlight.

You sound like your are totally activated and made a good effort at that so I feel bad if you took any offense when i said "grow up" which sounded harsh. In part that is how i feel about the whole movement. Most of the people that showed up were either in school or unemployed (at least it seemed) and with good reason. Not everyone can take time off in the middle of the day and daylight was short given it was in the fall.

I feel like there was a failure to consider the needs or dreams of the everyday working class who would see this movement as - yes, good in principal - but unrealistic in terms of execution.

Also it stresses me so much to give the financial and government elite so much credit for their power. There is no evidence of any visible intelligence hence the repeat of tactics over and over and over again. They only know how to put up walls in front of their methods of holding power and only due to fear from loosing power. It's reactionary, not planned ahead. They are extremely easy to predict and I don't consider them a worthy opponent.

I personally think a first step in the right direction would be to develop a new ministry in the government that would act a central hub to all other ministries. I would call it something along the lines of "Ministry of the Future" Its going to need its own constitution and all other ministries must align with the mandates put forth from the minister. This minister would have to be elected, this minister can serve as many terms as the people will allow. This ministry can be a panel but they all need to be elected, not appointed. In fact a panel of elected experts from major fields would be optimal. I don't have all the kinks worked out
, but i also didn't intend to figure this out on my own either.

A good Idea would be to ask the government to fund the research that is needed to figure out how to abolish income tax, abolish borrowing and interest, how to steer corporations towards moral rather profitable decisions and so on...

It can be done and it probably has been done but until it has a Government of Canada or USA stamp on it, it won't hold much weight for the general public.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Use the Government, it's YOURS!!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

In all fairness here, you are making good points on the majority of what you're saying on this. I became disillusioned by what could have been and was never really captured for opportunity I suppose.

One aspect I saw and I know the media sure didn't make a very hard effort at reporting was how much community support existed in some of the places. It'd be absurd to suggest broad community support existed at all locations and the media really focused hard on the ones where the conflict was at the worst. After all, if it bleeds - it leads.

However, the evenings usually saw another 20-30 or more people show up and different people after work. Live entertainment brought more people of course and it was interesting how it worked in St Louis. The public always came and went freely through and that might have kept tension down.

Not everyone in the place I was at was homeless or the 'bottom' of society by any means. That was part of it, yeah...and it caused major strife inside the camp in some ways too but the supplies and seemingly endless flow of food and other things were coming by average people at different times of the day and evening.

I really think if more had been done to work with and within the community rather than take the general rebel stance and shock tactics to simply get attention by whatever means, it could very well have gone far better and more productive. The part that is depressing though is that I just don't think time exists to get anything like that for general public enthusiasm at similar levels again. Not while it would force changes within the system.

BTW.. I'm mentioning more about this in a thread this weekend about what I think people can actually do, but I'm in college and committed to going on to the University level at this point for one primary reason. To gain the education necessary to get to the position where I CAN do something more than wish I could. Inside the system looks a WHOLE lot more productive than standing in a park and chanting at passing traffic or cops.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

OWS was a leaderless movement, because it was not about one person's goals or complaints, but the complaints of many people joined together against the corruption that exists between Wall Street and the Government.

The Government and those against OWS, as is typical in politics, needed a leader to crucify or corrupt them to their side with bribes and money. It is better it remain a leaderless movement so that the people of this country can unite under one common goal, which is getting Wall Street Criminals out of our government. It is a Government, for the people, by the people and to the people. Not a Government for the Banksters.
edit on 19-1-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, you sound like the expert for advice if you're able to condemn the efforts of others. In that context, please do tell how we should 'grow up and get involved'? I'm serious on the question too. What course of action or career path would you say the 20 somethings of today would best pursue to see change come?

I say Occupy was the last best chance because it WAS the last chance the nation likely will have to organize ANY large #'s of people for ANYTHING before
it becomes impractical to do. I never agreed with all Occupy stood for. Not even half of it. I didn't have to though. I stood with them for the time I did because if we, as a nation, can even GET FAR ENOUGH for the differences among the protesters to matter for something to get worked out? We've achieved total success by today's standards and it's MUCH further along the path of change, together, than I can see a way to get to now.

So... It's easy to ridicule those who have done something as being the wrong thing to do. Maybe it was too....but it was something more than sitting around.

So, again.. what would YOU recommend and suggest, you're quick to say what isn't worthy of time or effort?

Ok. So lets say its occupy and a hundred million people turn out. The government is like "oh god they found out lets run away"

Now what?

I was down at an occupy rally in vancouver. i stick by my snot faced college kids, who had NO PLAN!!!

So was everyone just supposed to back down and follow these fools. they dont even know what they were doing.

If it was a choice ill run with the NWO, at least they have a plan.

Hoe to gey involved? Whatch your congress in action and write letters to point out falacies. They know you are paying attention they wont act so out of touch.

Run for office

Start groups that can protest private ownership of media and the need for fair balanced reporting of all issues.

Get involved.

Disband the government and leave it in your hands????

No thanks!

You believe the government has super natural powers and they will end up with just that.

The Occupy movement didn't have a plan on how to fix things. That wasn't its purpose. Its purpose from the beginning was the educate and point out problems so all those smart people in commerce and government would realise that the peons knew that something serious was wrong, and that if they wanted to keep getting those crucial votes or those sales they needed to do something about it.

It was about shining a light into the shadows, not about ushering in the United Soviet States of America or some bullsh!t. Did it work? No it did not. The populations of the world don't care. It's too hard and too complex a task to reform the financial system. They would rather let their "leaders" take the reins and "manage" things..

A couple of thousand people in parks around the US (and the world) provoked such a heated attack from all sides of the establishment - from Law Enforcement to the MSM. All because some dirty hippies wanted to shine a light were they weren't allowed to... The lesson to be learned here is that unless you're content to remain fat, dumb and happy, you're an enemy of the state.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

FBI Colluded With Big Banks to Spy on, Undermine Anti-Wall Street Movement

www.blackliste dnews.com

Newly released Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) files prove that federal agencies within the United States government colluded with the private sector to spy on the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) movement even before the first demonstration was held in New York City’s Zuccotti Park.

“These documents show that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are treating protests against the corporate and banking structure of America as potential criminal and terrorist activity,” stated Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Executive Director of the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). “These
(visit the link for the full news article)

What is specifically removed from the public is the 'Coven Age' which was not a thousand years ago. They infiltrated the Education system and have been altering libraries, books, definitions, historical periods of rule. It is from the Covens that you get the term "Covet Means". Almost our entire Charter, was designed to prevent them from doing this to the populations again, and of course they removed its modus operandi, and altered terms & definitions of words as well. This is the "Financial Crisis" you see going on.

To make it short, the Incorporated 'COVENS of AZAZEL' are the "PAPAL, ROYAL & FEDERAL".
"Covet Means" was defined as the "Method of Warfare by the COVENS of AZAZEL, against the populations of Mankind; with premeditated intent to commit mass murder of the population". It was punishable by the death penalty under Common Law.

"Azazel" was the Hebrew COVEN name for Alexander. This is the origin of the pharisees, Caesar, religions/bible etc., commerce, corporations, banking and the money system (Merchants and Moneylenders at the Temple of Babylon) and the 5 day work week; & all of this was the specific form of Slavery created by Alexanders wife, who became known as "the Babylonian Slave queen Selene". That was only her Babylon name. It was written that
"in every land & every language the conquering children of SET were given a name".
You have to know the name game.

By Hebrew law all Priest Kings had to have a Titled Name, a Common Name & a Coven Name for Each Coven they created. When they got promoted, their names changed again. ie 'Saul' became 'Paul.' They completely altered the books since I had school. I had latin law, commerce, bills of exchange.

There are 'two paths', by Esoteric Law which is the laws of Energy that govern the Creation...another redefined word. "The Creation" is a "Construct" and "Heaven" is your place of origin...the 'Outside world.' That is why it was said so many would "Wake" to shame for what they had done here in this time.

The Father of Man, is the All Father. This is the Right Hand Path, which is "Service to Others" & "good" and part of the Divine Couple.

The Father of the Reptile Branch is SET. Who was listed as "The Leviathan Class Serpent of the Abyss" (the negative space barrier between Heaven and the Underworld) And he is the ruler of the Underworld & Demons.
This is the Left Hand Path, & why the pharaoh statues led with the left foot. This is Service to Self. The Highest Service to Self is "Murder of Self or Other"; a "Sociopath".

In his own Arc he is called "Lord Abyth Sol (saul)" & the Hebrews called him "Sol-O-mon" the 'wise serpent'.
SET had two Branches. The Annunaki (Owl) and the El(oheim) greys with whom "Man is at war with in the War in Heaven." This is the origin of "El-ite" which is 'follower of El' the left hand path & why so many display the sociopathic tendencies.

Just a few of her names: Selene's Egyptian Coven name is "Isis"; in Rome she was "Cleopatra"; in Greece she was "Arsinoe" & her Saxon name is Elizabeth. The Hebrew Covens call her "Lilith". She was married to Alexander first & when the uprising occurred over the pedophilia of the children in temple orgies & human sacrifice of debt slaves; Alexander was killed & sent home to Macedon for burial. Caesar Ptolemy was called in to quell the riot with Roman troops.

She then married her fraternal twin 'Ptolemy' & this scandal earned them the name "The Incestuous Twins". That wasn't his only name. In Rome he was "Caesar", in Egypt "Osiris", in Greece "Bacchus" & the Hebrew called him "Ba-el, King of Hell." This is who created the bible, "By-B-El". It is the origin of the Vatican, as he became the first Pontiff and his name changed to "Peter". Alexander created the Coven Freemason at the same time as "Massawa".
When Ptolemy died, she married her son Nannar to keep the Coven Diarchy. (Lord Melchizedek) Egyptian "Horus". "Whore of Babylon"
The Papal, Royal, & Federal are all blood kin. This is the origin of "Mafia", "made men"
edit on 19-1-2013 by YellowRoseTx51 because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The problem that you run into is unfortunately everywhere. I had to call the State Treasury, (TX) and found out that none of the Executive officers knew what a Financial Instrument was. They were completely entrained to one 'form' and had not a single clue that the 'Bills' that they were discussing were monied instruments for the face value on the instrument issued. Or, that it could be securitized, sold, etc.

The problem lies in the fact that the people are ill educated. Not dumb, but lacking real information. So when you go to explain, that the Banks should not be in government they have not the slightest clue that the Banks in Governing positions is A) illegal by breach of Charter B) that it is NOT normal for Incorporated entities to control the governing bodies.

Our original system has been not just over written, they have supplied a completely false history to support their entrainment system to the kids. Like the Nazi youth. By the time 50+ years have past, four or more generations have been entrained to think that (Legislated Commodity) 'money' and 'for profit corporations' is the only way of existence or governing.

Like the religious, they cling to it and defend it with anger. Completely unaware that a better way exists; and was used world wide.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by dianashay

I compare it to the Tea Party movement. It started as a legitimate movement and then was hijacked by special interest and big money.

The same happened to OWS, except instead of it being the Koch brothers it was George Soros.

~Tenth

Yes but there is an itty bitty tiny discrepancy as to how much money was given
to the respected parties. Here's the amount of George's money quoted from a conservative
anti Soros website.
off site content;
The nonprofit organization at the receiving end of Soros’ largesse, Alliance for Global Justice, is managing donations benefiting the communists, socialists, anarchists and hippies now occupying Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan.  As of Oct. 19, OWS had taken in a grand total of $435,000 from all sources, including donations made by individuals online and in person, according to reports.

Want to post the Koch Bros stats?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YellowRoseTx51

Our original system has been not just over written, they have supplied a completely false history to support their entrainment system to the kids. Like the Nazi youth. By the time 50+ years have past, four or more generations have been entrained to think that (Legislated Commodity) 'money' and 'for profit corporations' is the only way of existence or governing.

Like the religious, they cling to it and defend it with anger. Completely unaware that a better way exists; and was used world wide.

Your analogy is spot on and brings to mind the frog in the pot slow boiling unaware nor caring of the changes taking place around them that are the antithesis of what the founding fathers envisioned for this country.

That vision did not include Big Finance and Corporations controlling our government for themselves.
Nor creating irresponsible wars in far away lands that have nothing to do with defense of the citizens, but everything to do with protecting the interests of the aforementioned.

The country was founded on the principles of a government for the people, by the people and too the people and we have gone 180 degrees in the opposite direction where Big $$$$ and not the voices of its citizens dictate government policy.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I won't begin to argue the Tea Party Movement wasn't co-opted and bought off. There isn't much question in my mind and the best sign is the lack of sign. TPM kinda went quiet and vanished...as I'm sure TPTB fully intended. No more rallies we hear about ... no big marches ... not even interview spots for reps to discuss the most pressing matters of the day. Irrelevance, just as required and it was Mission Accomplished.

Now on that $$ figure...is that October of 2011?? I'll believe that small a number for that date. I don't think the $500,000 donation had been fomally delivered to Zuccotti Park by that point in time, so I suppose...accurate enough. We also need to be talking ONLY Zuccotti Park OWS and not Occupy America.

What happened to all that money anyway? While The Tea Party Movement in places like Richmond, VA literally had audits run against them to account for money to the dollar.......I've never seen such things done against Occupy or OWS proper?

I can say I saw a $5,000 donation in one shot come into Occupy STL...and it was just the largest and most notable of a steady flow of smaller numbers. A good part of it was also stolen by embezzlement through the actions of two specific people in that camp...who I'll HAPPILY return to St Louis and testify against if ever given that opportunity.

TPM at least had accountability of funds and resources. If they didn't make it themselves, it was made for them and forced upon them. That's how it should be though.

It's just a shame it was so one sided for accounting for things like large cash donations.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sealing

I won't begin to argue the Tea Party Movement wasn't co-opted and bought off. There isn't much question in my mind and the best sign is the lack of sign. TPM kinda went quiet and vanished...as I'm sure TPTB fully intended. No more rallies we hear about ... no big marches ... not even interview spots for reps to discuss the most pressing matters of the day. Irrelevance, just as required and it was Mission Accomplished.

Now on that $$ figure...is that October of 2011?? I'll believe that small a number for that date. I don't think the $500,000 donation had been fomally delivered to Zuccotti Park by that point in time, so I suppose...accurate enough. We also need to be talking ONLY Zuccotti Park OWS and not Occupy America.

What happened to all that money anyway? While The Tea Party Movement in places like Richmond, VA literally had audits run against them to account for money to the dollar.......I've never seen such things done against Occupy or OWS proper?

I can say I saw a $5,000 donation in one shot come into Occupy STL...and it was just the largest and most notable of a steady flow of smaller numbers. A good part of it was also stolen by embezzlement through the actions of two specific people in that camp...who I'll HAPPILY return to St Louis and testify against if ever given that opportunity.

TPM at least had accountability of funds and resources. If they didn't make it themselves, it was made for them and forced upon them. That's how it should be though.

It's just a shame it was so one sided for accounting for things like large cash donations.

All good points.

The main financial difference between the Tea Party Movement and Occupy Wall Street I believe is that the TPM may have inadvertently advertised itself as a registered non-profit, meaning folks who donate get a tax break, whereas OWS didn't. people who donated to OWS (unless it was done through some front organisation) had no expectation of getting some or all of it back at tax return time.

This Cohen Report series explores the organizational structure of the Tea Party movement for evidence of 501(c) and other tax exempt organizational forms among the hundreds, maybe thousands of groups with Tea Party affiliations. Why? Two reasons: When the press talks about local Tea Party groups, it will sometimes refer to them as “nonprofit” organizations, without ever checking to see even if they are incorporated, much less that they have received federal tax exempt designation. Just because they are conducting rallies, protesting, and waving signs, that doesn’t make the Tea Party organizations automatically eligible for the shorthand nonprofit appellation.

Source: www.nonprofitquarterly.org...:the-cohen-report--the-starfish-and-the-tea-party&catid=149:rick-co hen&Itemid=117

I believe this is just one more way that the TPM was sabotaged.
edit on 19-1-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join