It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "Object" above Iranian skies!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by drakus

I love "The Dude" also. BTW I want to believe, I Saw something once I can't explain.But like you said I have a very hard time believing U Tube Videos or other unsubstantiated pics or videos.If they are backed by credited analysis by a neutral party them I pay attention and will debate.

Yep.
Problem is, the best credited analysts are people who know "the stuff", aka scientists, and sadly there's a pervasive reluctance to engage in serious long-term study of the phenomena (phenomenon? phenomenae? phenomenatum? damn "inglish") because the Academic world sees the subject as "silly silly silly"

Don't get me wrong, I love science and admire scientists above most other humans, and I kind of understand that reluctance when they work in a commercialized system, where research is viewed as a commodity and researchers are slaves to either Gov't grants or Corporate sponsorship... Thus no one wants to touch the "taboo" subjects because their career could be ruined by being identified as a UFO nut...

Nonetheless there are great minds that have, as great minds do, ignored the morons, and delved honestly on the subject (re Hynek, or my own personal chuck norris: Jacques Vallée)

Anyway, the subject of interaction between our civilization and other people around is only going to grow in importance as we advance in our research in exo-planetology and exo-biology. Cool stuff.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ooohh, very strange, what is this thing? Nice commentary, made me smile

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthebody
possibly a parachute?

Bingo!!

Hnadgliding or parasailing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I just realized that what I said is BS.

For some reason I assumed it is footage shot from somewhere *above* an object.
It is much more likely shot from ground, so we're looking upwards, not downwards.

Looks like a hang glider in the beginning...but later on it just looks weird..possibly CGI?
edit on 17-1-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My first thought was weather manipulation. You can see the back ground chemtrail witch has spread out to make the large white mass. The color of the object is similar to the color of the clouds. At first I thought It was chemtrail dust solidifying via ELF waves. The spinning could be a way to manipulate the cloud flow. Maybe one is not enough but a couple of these spinning dust masses hidden inside the clouds could create some air flow and cause the mass to move. Who knows, but its generally the same color's I have seen for other cloud masses.

It could be chemdust

Or it could be a solid object witch is trying to camouflage it self within the clouds because it blends in with the clouds. Or it could be a billion other things.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by wheresthebody
possibly a parachute?

Bingo!!

Hnadgliding or parasailing.

At fist it does look like that if the person is upside down, but you can see that its suspended based off the clouds in the background. You will all so notice it shifts shapes and starts spinning erratically. Looks like a since experiment of sorts.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

@ first 1 was thinking some form of space debris falling down but after looking at its movements and then vanish. All 1 can do is use the imagination to try to understand what that was. Another interesting find Arken

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

An ignorant and non Iranian person faking Indian accent. But certainly is not an Iranian.
For example if a Japanese sees the same thing; do you think he will speak English or his own native language?
I say; go chase the butterflies, it will do you good. leave the UFOs and conspiracy theories alone.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I got the same effect when shooting at the sky through a stone chip in my windscreen.

Do you think we're idiots dude? Oh, yes of course you do.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
at times it looks like a parachute falling, at other times it looks like a bird flying erratically in super slow motion at times it looks like it could completely be something else.

there is nothing to really base perspective on apart from the jump in the beginning of the video.

it literally could be anything and any thing.
edit on 17-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I didn't read all the post

But I would say balloon,deflating ,then getting caught in wind,

being pushed away from observer

Nice catch

Nice commentary

LOL,wouldn't mind smoking a bowl commentator

peace

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Space worms....many pictures of them shot in mexico lately.....
see theUFO Vigilantes Mexico on you tube...the things come in different colours and even wierder shapes....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kanng

But I would say balloon,deflating ,then getting caught in wind,

My take as well. What about the disappearing part at the end? If it was falling it should get bigger, not appear to "fade away"?

Maybe the video is "enhanced" a little at the end? Or it drops below the horizon of sunlight and goes into shadow.

"Looks like" a real object anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That definitely looks like a missile launch. They can be seen for many hundreds of miles away if the atmospheric conditions are right, and there have been incidents in the past where these were confused for alien spacecraft. They most definitely are not, and this is definitely not really a UFO. Although what may be a UFO to some people may not be to someone else, as some people have more knowledge and experience than others. The white that is seen in the video is the exhaust of the missile's propulsion system. It also could have been a rocket, which is basically just a missile that is intended to take something into space. The design of missiles is what we used to start our space program in the US, and that is why we snatched up German scientists...As they were building the best missiles around, with the V series.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
That definitely looks like a missile launch. They can be seen for many hundreds of miles away if the atmospheric conditions are right, and there have been incidents in the past where these were confused for alien spacecraft. They most definitely are not, and this is definitely not really a UFO. Although what may be a UFO to some people may not be to someone else, as some people have more knowledge and experience than others. The white that is seen in the video is the exhaust of the missile's propulsion system. It also could have been a rocket, which is basically just a missile that is intended to take something into space. The design of missiles is what we used to start our space program in the US, and that is why we snatched up German scientists...As they were building the best missiles around, with the V series.

"This is definitely not really a UFO"? After three pages of this thread, no one still has identified this object with certainty and you say with certainty that this is not an "unidentified flying object"???
Of course it is! By definition it is because no one here has identified it beyond question! Some of you feel certain over your own suggestion yet you fail to convince anyone else. It's the deaf talking to the blind here.
Is it man-made or alien or a natural phenomenon? I don't know, and nor do any of you, despite in some cases a pretence of certainty that convinces no one else.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Is it man-made or alien or a natural phenomenon?

Or given that this video originated from known hoaxers xxxdonutzxxx is it CGI ? , I'd say the chances are it is CGI and is not from Iran given the suspect accent and origin of the video .

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Some kind of balloon (weather or surveillance balloon) got a puncture / tear, giving it the flat appearance of a parachute and is seen caught in high altitude cross winds, which finally take it spinning away into the distance.

edit on 18-1-2013 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Have to go with my old pal Gortex on this one, the guy (original poster of the video / maker) has a huge track record of hoaxes, leopards rarely change their spots.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks like a glitch in the sky... haha

Thanks for posting! If it's genuine, which im sure it is! that is very odd.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's CGI. Look at 2:42 and you'll see some highly dodgy artificial cam shake. Plus the guy's crappy acting...come on people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join