It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Gun Control is NOT ABOUT GUN CONTROL. Read this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah, this proposal was worded pretty vaguely, it can apply to almost any situation. I'm pretty sure the government will find some way to give doctors a kickback for reporting how many ever "crazies" they can. Well, now America, we will be under even more scrutiny than ever now by doctors and big brother.
edit on 1/17/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aryaputhra

I mentioned that yesterday during Obama's gun lecture:

"If anything such a bill would include some sort of 'insanity clause' of restriction upon anyone who may have had an episode of depression (they will check on that via insurance payments if need be), work related stresses, marriage counselling, persons (or their children) having been diagnosed with ADHD, any PTST (either from military service or civilian trauma--even a car accident), 'excessive corporate complaints, issues with or lawsuits against educational facilities, or since they want gun registration to be so public I wouldn't be surprised if there are new loopholes advocate other citizens the access to 'give testimony' as to why you shouldn't be allowed to own a weapon.

Well, there goes the neighborhood cuz that includes almost everyone right there. "

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra

Anyone who is classified with a criminal record (this could be even you with a speeding ticket /DUI) will not be allowed by the system to own a gun.

That's just delusional thinking.

Will any of you admit you were wrong when these paranoid delusions don't come true?
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Your OP was spot on.

The question we should all be asking ourselves is, WHO wants the American people disarmed, and WHY?

The American people are the only remaining thorn in the side of this "who".

They have neutered the Brits in the last 15 years, and recently castrated the Aussies. Now, they have their sites on Americans. We are a little bit tougher nut to crack, so they are having to do it incrementally and with verbal finesse. Unfortunately, they have wussified a large segment of society and demonized the other side.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I've heard him use these words before. He believes in the 2nd Amendment. Sure. He believes it exists. He doesn't say that he supports it. The President strongly believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. True. He believes it does that, and that is exactly why he does not support it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

To connect the Sandy Hook incident as a farcical precursor (false flag) - remember Obama, during his election debates with Romney– stressed how the “education sector” was going to be key focal point for his next administration? And how he would enact gun control legislations?

I tried to mostly avoid the fake election charade, so I was unaware of this. Excellent point, though. A rather convenient "coincidence," that sandy hook just "happened to occur" after the prez mentions this stuff.

“Improving Mental Health Services”
“Make sure students with signs of mental illness get referred (by teachers) to treatment:

So that means children can be sent straight to the school's recently hired covert "psychiatrist" without any parental consent. And if the "psychiatrist" wants the child to be dependent on Xanax and Prozac. Hey, more sales for pharma and more insurance sales on Obamacare (whoopee doodah). And more sales for mental healthcare system Obama is now proposing.

Oh but you thought this was all about gun-control, right?

Yes, and with ever-widening criteria for "mental illness" that could mean a lot of kids. And of course, with laws which declare the "mentally ill" (by what definition?) are unable to own firearms (laws which are already on the books) then this would mean a lot of potential future gun-owners who have their 2nd amendment rights stripped before they were even old enough to understand, or consent (to anything, legally) or become a matured, "developed" human being.

IMO this one makes it seem really obvious what their agenda is.

1- Widen the DSM criteria for all kinds of "disorders." (check)

2- Mandate that teachers are to "turn in" students they believe have some kind of disorder (soon to be, check)

3-Maybe put the children on a medication... say for example and ADHD medication like ritalin or adderall...

4-Enact laws stating that the "mentally ill" (pretty broad term) or those who take a "controlled substance" can not own a firearm (check-- already accomplished)

and *POOF* you have cast a wide net of gun control, against people too young to even legally represent themselves, so that they may not own guns in the future. It's an insidiously brilliant plan.

edit on 17-1-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, these kids within the past few years in the news for drawing guns or using their fingers to point guns are on a list now for sure...the won't be able to register fire arms either.

What next? people with X-box accounts playing violent games being on such a list?

Should have seen it coming when after Alex Jone's interview they talked about him and said 'I don't want that guy having a gun' and 'he shouldn't have a gun' and they laugh.

They weren't kidding.

Soon, all it will take is for someone who doesn't like you to make a 'stability complaint' and voila...your license is revoked--forever.

speaking of mental health and the mental, Howard Stern and his idiot-box remedy for the mentally ill: www.youtube.com...

what I find scary is that millions pay to hear this guy, THEY need locked up! Not only is he ill-informed about this recent shooting he is cold hearted and just plane disgusting towards the mentally ill. He thinks Adam Lanza was too broke for counselling for one, and prefers a 'lock em all up in cages' remedy to the those with mental issues.
edit on 17-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yeah, this proposal was worded pretty vaguely, it can apply to almost any situation. I'm pretty sure the government will find some way to give doctors a kickback for reporting how many ever "crazies" they can. Well, now America, we will be under even more scrutiny than ever now by doctors and big brother.
reply to post by eXia7

The good news is that such a high percentage of doctors are opposed to Obamacare, that I doubt they will comply with any Obama executive order. In fact, several of our close friends are doctors, and they absolutely despise Obama.
www.slate.com...

"Report: 83 percent of doctors have considered quitting over Obamacare," by Sally Nelson.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It seems they won long ago.
Its probably just best to pack your bags and leave this country.
Its not like this country ever stood for what you wear told it stood for in your life time.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
Right. The doctor will take your gun. If you want a gun, then you must be crazy. Crazy people can't have a gun.

That made me laugh and reminded me of the movie "Catch 22"

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The movie Equilibrium is looking more like a possibility

2nd

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A very slippery slope we're going down...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

You know why they can't move forward with the NWO? One thing left.......ARMED AMERICANS.........

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
The movie Equilibrium is looking more like a possibility

2nd

Exactly.

FIrst its guns. Next its emotions.

Emotions are causing people to act crazy, we must BAN emotions!

^^^ people that watched Equilibrium would get it.
edit on 17-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
reply to post by queenofswords

You know why they can't move forward with the NWO? One thing left.......ARMED AMERICANS.........

Right, and their problem is a lot of citizens own military weapons that could be used to "fight back" against a corrupt takeover government, see they don't say anything about shotguns as these are not used in a long-distance fight. But, anyone with brains knows a shotgun at Sandy Hook (even a double-barrel) would have killed more kids in one shot than a 223 cal any day!
If you really want to go 'low-tech' a nut with a few glass bottles filled with gasoline with a lit cloth on the end would have killed anyone in the room that one is tossed in!
It would have killed dozens and would be a lot faster (plus the deaths would have been horrible)!
No, these 'proposed laws' are aimed at the law abiding citizens that would stand in the way of a government takeover, NOT to protect citizens!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
From reading between the lines 80% of the current generation of school students will not be eligible to own a gun by the time they are out of school....that cuts down the future gun owner population dramatically in less than one generation.....brilliant (but I still dont want crazy people out there "packing" either).

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
but i thought obama was the leader for the progressives. and the progressives just knew he would lead the US into a new, better world.

oh progressives... you've been clowning yourselves since... well since, you all labeled yourselves "progressive"

you are the clowns? those that believe in government -- the progressives
or those that believe in the founding fathers, the constitution, private property, individual freedoms... hmmmm i wonder...

and have you heard how obama plans to toot his own horn over and over again during his inauguration. he has to keep telling those progressives about how progressive he has been the last four years.

/rant

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

1- Widen the DSM criteria for all kinds of "disorders." (check)

2- Mandate that teachers are to "turn in" students they believe have some kind of disorder (soon to be, check)

3-Maybe put the children on a medication... say for example and ADHD medication like ritalin or adderall...

4-Enact laws stating that the "mentally ill" (pretty broad term) or those who take a "controlled substance" can not own a firearm (check-- already accomplished)

and *POOF* you have cast a wide net of gun control, against people too young to even legally represent themselves, so that they may not own guns in the future. It's an insidiously brilliant plan.

Which is why my children are/were home schooled. Bright kids, full of curiosity and well aware of the difference between a right and a protection. Oldest just finished his tour in the Sandbox and the youngest is finishing a speech in support of the 2nd Amendment. We have to get the kids out of the government schools...see Soviet Russia for details.

edit on 17-1-2013 by LetsGoViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
the progressives.
the progressives

oh progressives...
"progressive"
the progressives
progressives
progressive
/rant
Im not sure what your trying to say?
In your "fair and balanced" post/

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Great post so beautiful written, yep look a lot on ats don't learn the higher intuitions some do like the poster. Guys always check your resonate with your heart.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join