It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afterlife for different beliefs.. .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is there any religion or any spiritual system.. .that does not involve any supernatural being in determining afterlife?.. .I think certain buddhist sects don't believe in it?.. .As for buddhism ,is it true that what you do in this life might not necessarily affect your next life?.. .But sometimes your past karma from previous past lives that are unaccounted.. .for might affect your next destination?.. .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There's always Pastafarianism....

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

I think certain buddhist sects don't believe in it

Buddhism believes in reincarnation until one achieves the perfection of the soul - and then reunites with the Divine - but does not involve a "supernatural" being.

Do a Google for the Dalai Lama,
and "reincarnation".......

As for buddhism ,is it true that what you do in this life might not necessarily affect your next life?.. .But sometimes your past karma from previous past lives that are unaccounted.. .for might affect your next destination?.. .

No, as far as I can tell, what you do in this life WILL affect your next life (in Buddhism).....

But, since the soul has MANY, MANY, MANY lessons to learn, it might be this lesson now, another later, etc.....
you have to pass ALL of the "tests" or "lessons" before you achieve release from the cycle of reincarnation.

edit on 13-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hi wildtimes,I mean I think if not mistaken certain buddhists do not believe in the existence of yama in determining the next destination.. .

new topics

top topics

join