It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: California High School Shooting - at least 2 injured

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Just out of curiosity, how many of those guns do you think one person could shoot at any one time? How many could one person carry around?

I always wondered that about those who cry "OMG Too many gunz!!!!!"

Like once you turn psycho arms begin sprouting from your torso like some Hindu god and can wield 12 guns.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ted4d

I bet you that countries that don't have guns have less suicides, regardless of the fact that you could still use something else. Just a guess though. Mebbe I'll should Google it...

Like Japan?

Worlds toughest gun laws and worlds highest suicide rate.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

See thats the problem.. all these "mentally, mkultra, pills, mind control" kids were people you were defending until they go on a rampage. Then all of a sudden, "i don;t know him" "he is not one of us".... where is the guarantee the people you are giving unlimited gun access to won't go wacky.

________

Yes criminals won't give back their weapon, so lets just produce and make it even easier for them to obtain.

More uncontrolled guns = more easier for criminals to obtain.

You can keep your weapons but control it, do proper background check on the household, not just the owner, every 5 yrs, you should bring your weapons to be re certified, just to make sure you didn't illegally sell them.

The law abiding citizen is one of the major cause for loose guns in criminal hands because any wack job can get unlimited guns and ammos.

I wonder how many more kids need to die before it kicks in.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I bet you that countries that don't have guns have less suicides, regardless of the fact that you could still use something else. Just a guess though. Mebbe I'll should Google it...

Like Japan?

Worlds toughest gun laws and worlds highest suicide rate.

hum, ok, sorry I stand corrected. but I can't help but think that suicide rates are higher in countries with legal guns -

re-Correction - after some more wiki time =
Some research shows an association between household firearm ownership and gun suicide rates. For example, it was found that individuals in a firearm owning home are close to five times more likely to commit suicide than those individuals who do not own firearms.

I'm happy to research more to properly confirm, but I'm just saying, must be fact that more suicides happen where guns are easy to come by?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And how many people shot another person?

People dieing is common, it is increased more when a tool is around, that is made for killing.

How is suicide correlates to gun violence to public?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here is a test question,
Which one would you fear more? Which one could kill more people?
( the sniper is using a bolt action rifle. Not on the ban list.)

So you have a teenager who has never served but has lots of cool guns, or a trained killer.

The type of gun is irrelevant. The will of the shooter is key. Find out why anyone would want to kill innocent people, and you can fix the REAL problem. Trying to limit what kind of guns we can buy is what a drooling idiot might do. Don't be that guy.

edit on 11-1-2013 by network dude because: guns don't kill people, crazy people kill people. ban them.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Im not sure what point you're trying to make.

Do people drive risk dying in car accidents? Sure.

Do people who walk risk being run over by drivers? Sure.

That's life.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

And how many people shot another person?

People dieing is common, it is increased more when a tool is around, that is made for killing.

How is suicide correlates to gun violence to public?

So it's ok for all those people to kill themselves as long as there's no public gun violence? Strange perspective, but I suppose in the context of these discussions around gun control I see what you mean.

Still a bloody shame though eh? those people shooting themselves? no?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If that is the case, then i would ban Cars, but cars are made with different purpose in mind, and cars are well regulated in the roads(signals, traffic lights, licensing, renewing, drivers physical, and mental(pills they are on, oh yeah expensive to take care of). An equivalents for gun would be a gun range not populated city.

While automatic assault rifle isn't made for hunting or any other purpose. Unless you think 30-40 gangs going to come to you house.. in that case you should fight the government to pass a rule on rocket launchers to be sold to public..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

If that is the case, then i would ban Cars, but cars are made with different purpose in mind, and cars are well regulated in the roads(signals, traffic lights, licensing, renewing, drivers physical, and mental(pills they are on, oh yeah expensive to take care of). An equivalents for gun would be a gun range not populated city.

Arguing purpose of object is silly. Unless you are more driven by hate of an object than the saving of lives. Are you?

Firearms have plenty of street signs. Brandishing, threatening, assault murder, etc... all regulated.

You know there arent any regulations keeping mental patients away from cars, right? At least NICS attempts to keep guns out of the hands of loonies. Cars? Nah. anyone can drive one.

While automatic assault rifle isn't made for hunting or any other purpose. Unless you think 30-40 gangs going to come to you house.. in that case you should fight the government to pass a rule on rocket launchers to be sold to public..

Where can I buy an automatic rifle that doesnt cost $30,000?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
OK since I am curious about conspiricy theories. I think it is remarkable that since the Obama administration is trying to outlaw guns there has been an awful lot of shooting going on. I think the government is involved to scare the population into banning guns.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Where can I buy an automatic rifle that doesnt cost $30,000?

Right?! I had a guy on another thread telling me that he can get real "M16s" all day long for 500 - 600 dollars, out in Idaho and Washington state, near where he lives....I wanted specific store names, but he wouldn't provide them...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
They are not addessing the pattern that 90% of the shooters were bullied societially weak outcasts.

The Schools do not address bullying, they sweep it under the rug. This is the germinating seed and not only it is not addressed it is watered.

The schools should be teaching the theory of firearm safety in the first grade. The rule "never point a gun at a person should be taught in preschool/kindergarden.

Violent videogames should be reevaluated. What we need to address is what are the adults doing to the youth that makes them want to lash out and kill in games first and in reallife later.

Gun Control is a knee jerk, reactive not proactive, non working, feel good solution doomed to fail for all the reasons beaten to death on the numerous other threads.

edit on 11-1-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
They are not addessing the pattern that 90% of the shooters were bullied societially weak outcasts.

The Schools do not address bullying, they sweep it under the rug. This is the germinating seed and not only it is not addressed it is watered.

The schools should be teaching the theory of firearm safety in the first grade. The rule "never point a gun at a person should be taught in preschool/kindergarden.

Violent videogames should be reevaluated. What we need to address is what are the adults doing to the youth that makes them want to lash out and kill in games first and in reallife later.

Gun Control is a knee jerk, reactive not proactive, non working, feel good solution doomed to fail for all the reasons beaten to death on the numerous other threads.

edit on 11-1-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

Brilliant summary. Don't forget there is the prescription drug element also, but yes "bullied societially weak outcasts" is a great point - not sure societially is a real word tho :-) but yes, that's it.

On balance though, surely most people would say you can't ask the school to do society/parents job for them?

In our school we were taught algebra. Useless for 99.999% of the population. How much better would it be to maybe spend a little school lesson time on the more complex items of relationships, bullying, etc. Like a social lessons class or similar. That's surely got to be on the right track? Drop 30 minutes of RE or cookery or woodwork or metalwork or rugby (hated them all!) and have something more useful?

If a gang of alcoholics can get together every week and talk about life, students can too eh? might be progress but I think also a tad optimistic. Def better than learning how to make apple crumble and I can't remember anyway so it wasn't worth the lesson. If I was taught how to deal better with some life important things then that would have stuck with me more I am sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ridiculous. Then again, shootings happen EVERYDAY in California.

Can't wait for the conspiracy threads about this one.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Brilliant summary. Don't forget there is the prescription drug element also, but yes "bullied societially weak outcasts" is a great point - not sure societially is a real word tho :-) but yes, that's it.

Mentined the overprescribed drugs and the mental health stigma in the Sandy hook shooting- Did not want to sound like a broken record.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by starviego

Ahh I see. So this is a cover up, someone else did the shooting and they picked a person to blame? I guess that is the same with the CT shooting? What about James Holmes, is he also not guilty?

Raist

Ah,you also see - everyone screams conspiracy, drives you nuts doesn't it!? But actually - for James Holmes, have a read around on ATS and www? There are definitely some questions there to make you think a while even if you're not pro-conspiracy......

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

In our school we were taught algebra. Useless for 99.999% of the population. How much better would it be to maybe spend a little school lesson time on the more complex items of relationships, bullying, etc. Like a social lessons class or similar. That's surely got to be on the right track? Drop 30 minutes of RE or cookery or woodwork or metalwork or rugby (hated them all!) and have something more useful?

Because formal schooling is not to educate but to produce mass quantities of conformists.

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America
edit on 1/11/13 by Beldy because: fix link

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Seems like school shootings is the hottest new trend! Omg lets keep the fad going so guns can be banned over it....

It's just weird that a very rare incident like his turns into a nation wide thing he k even china dealt with a hit , and its around the time of he Gun dilemma , seems so coincidental. And I'm assuming if it don't work with one spot they go to the next state over and try again.

~RIP~ To all who suffer in this time of waking, for being at the wrong place by fate, wrong time by delay, and forever in our hearts to remember, because it matters not who you were or why but that you were.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

More guns belonging to responsible American's being used to kill children eh?

This surprises me, no really, it does.

No really.

No.

Oh alright, for non UK readers, that was sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join