It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast Main Line - bid turned down - this is just not good for the UK.. im furious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yet again, the government has put the interest of itself before the average Joe like you and me. In the UK we have a terrible time with trains. Virgin was/is the incumbent west coast train operator. They do not like competition.

When a perfectly good alternative supplier tried to enter into the procurement procedure for the new contract he was turned down for being unsafe, they called there proposal "wooden".. bloody tory chronism at its worst

read link and be as furiously and red faced as me

Wooden Trains - BBC - Virgin Main Line

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is my local service to London, Virgin has an extension though the lines are being upgraded to allow a more frequent faster service with electric trains, making the journey much nicer and actually able to sit as half the time it is far too crowded it might as well be a toy train set.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
At first you left me a little confused as to what was going on then I read the article and realised that this thread is just in the wrong forum. It belongs in the Joke section, but you did have me fooled that you were being serious for a short while

join