It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Originally posted by flyandi
So the if the US gets disarmed, the British are coming back to conquer America? Seems to be the vivid fantasy of all UK comentors here :-D

Last time a power entity tried to do that, it didn't end very well for them ..

No wonder most of your population have shrinks and are on Diazepam. Americans must be the most paranoid nation on earth. The second admendment was fine for the time it was written in, history has moved on, it is no longer needed ............ scrap it!

It has nothing to do with paranoia. Our country has had a front row seat in seeing what happens when a country is disarmed and we don't want that. Do not trouble yourself with what amendment of ours should be scrapped. You live your laws and enjoy them, for us, we will continue to fight for our freedoms here. If we wanted to live like you, then we'd lay down and accept it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We most certainly do need to be united Beezer! I dont think anouther Obamney is the answer though! We need real leaders! I will always refuse to vote for plastic men!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Truth be told.. if Obama decides to use Executive Order to put a ban on weapons, then he has doomed this country. There WILL be a revolution.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling

Originally posted by eLPresidente
They are testing us to see where we draw the lines.

We didn't fight hard enough against the wars, the vaccines, the gmo, the corruption but if they cross the line with guns, it might be game over for them.

Every American should know the bill of rights is unalienable and every American should fight for all 10 of the bill of rights as equally as they would fight for the first amendment.

We are on the right side of history folks, nothing to worry about. Let them test us and let them see where the lines will be drawn.

Yeah, and today, yet another school shooting. In the history of this country, have we ever had so many shootings in succession? Nope. Why now? They need more leverage to push their executive order through. This is not a surprise, it is expected. Most people here have said they will continue with the incidences to ramp up the game, and they have.

As a country we need to unite because tptb count on our division.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

Or maybe lunatics are deciding to copycat? Oh wait,no, that wouldn't fit in to your paranoid delusion would it? Ah the mystical "TPTB", seemingly behind everything. They must sit in a smoke filled room, discussing their evil plans, while laughing at true patriots like you trying to defend the Republic! Their plan for world domination is nearly complete, only a band of ATS hillbillies can stop them. DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I really hope for the sake of our children that this will not happen .. it's nothing worse than the experience of war and it's effect on people .. but probably there is no way out of it if we continue to go this path!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Truth be told.. if Obama decides to use Executive Order to put a ban on weapons, then he has doomed this country. There WILL be a revolution.

Obama isn't trying to ban weapons, he's trying to improve the REGULATION of guns. Get a clue.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Obama isn't trying to ban weapons, he's trying to improve the REGULATION of guns. Get a clue.

I have a clue. If YOU had a clue you would realize they are trying to do away with any firearm that accepts a removable clip. And they are trying to do away with clips larger than 10 rounds. They are trying to do away with any firearm that has an "assault weapon" characteristic. Perhaps YOU should get a clue.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am originally from the UK I now live in the great state of Texas, I now own guns because it is a right the constitution grants the American public. What people fail to understand is there are a lot of weapons in the UK I grew up in a rural area of the UK and we did go shooting and so fourth, I could go to anyone of these friends houses or my parents and obtain a gun very easily, shooting and firearms are a way of life in the country in the UK, you are taught from a young age to respect them and use them correctly.
So when I moved here to Texas I got into hunting and bought firearms I am respectful and I love the constitution that it gives us the right to own firearms legally, for sport or defense.
Please look deeper than crime stats to prove some ignorant point about guns the majority of these gun deaths are in places where gangs and criminals are using them against each other, but I sure feel alot safer in my house knowing I can protect my self in the same manner as what a criminal is using.
To my fellow Brits who harp on about the outdated 2nd amendment please remember in the USA they fought a war for thier freedoms and the founding fathers knew this might happen again if not in there life time but many decades or centuries in the future and they gave us the right to be able to stop it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Funny you should mention the Prefrontal Cortex:
francis-moran.com...
But that's a conspiracy too isn't it? Dumbing down to docile.
Do YOU like video games?
I never played them,I wondered why I should waste money on them when I could get stuffBut they are the rage for an entire generation from whom we see all of our mass shooters.
Throw in SSRI's and progressive midsets that are intolerant and this is where we stand.
Guns aren't the issue.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brit-Tex
I am originally from the UK I now live in the great state of Texas, I now own guns because it is a right the constitution grants the American public. What people fail to understand is there are a lot of weapons in the UK I grew up in a rural area of the UK and we did go shooting and so fourth, I could go to anyone of these friends houses or my parents and obtain a gun very easily, shooting and firearms are a way of life in the country in the UK, you are taught from a young age to respect them and use them correctly.
So when I moved here to Texas I got into hunting and bought firearms I am respectful and I love the constitution that it gives us the right to own firearms legally, for sport or defense.
Please look deeper than crime stats to prove some ignorant point about guns the majority of these gun deaths are in places where gangs and criminals are using them against each other, but I sure feel alot safer in my house knowing I can protect my self in the same manner as what a criminal is using.
To my fellow Brits who harp on about the outdated 2nd amendment please remember in the USA they fought a war for thier freedoms and the founding fathers knew this might happen again if not in there life time but many decades or centuries in the future and they gave us the right to be able to stop it.

Do you feel your kids are safe at school? In the UK, that fear is non-existent. You love the 2nd Amendment because you haven't felt the devastating consequences of it yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Texas schools have armed police on campus! Kids in Texas schools are safe! These maniacs target gun free zones where there is no chance of someone fighting back!

The threat of instant death kinda defeats the purpose! That said even bleach can be weaponized. Lanza could have done alot more damage with some homemade pipe bombs and some simple chemical mixtures. There is only one way to stop a person bent on killing others and himself, and this is by direct confrontation. Duh!

To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! This goverment sponsors the death of hundreds if not thousands of children in Syria today. Kills children and other inocents with drones daily. Sponsored the killing of tens of thousands in Iraq and beyond. To sit and pretend that American children are somehow special is 100% BS! Sandy Hook happened at just the right time and well this kind of thing just doesnt happen to kindergartners. Paired with a clear agenda I am calling BS!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do feel safe that my future kids will be safe in schools as most Texas schools private and public are not gun free zones and usually employe some kind of armed officer and this where these mentally deranged people go to carry out these devestating acts on humanity. Yet I cannot say what my feelings would be in the future if a tragedy like what happened ever happened to my family members but I do believe that mental illness is a far greater problem than the guns themselves the gun is a tool just like any other tool used for murder.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

We didn't fight hard enough against the wars, the vaccines, the gmo, the corruption but if they cross the line with guns, it might be game over for them.

Every American should know the bill of rights is unalienable and every American should fight for all 10 of the bill of rights as equally as they would fight for the first amendment.

We are on the right side of history folks, nothing to worry about. Let them test us and let them see where the lines will be drawn.

Yeah, and today, yet another school shooting. In the history of this country, have we ever had so many shootings in succession? Nope. Why now? They need more leverage to push their executive order through. This is not a surprise, it is expected. Most people here have said they will continue with the incidences to ramp up the game, and they have.

Or maybe lunatics are deciding to copycat? Oh wait,no, that wouldn't fit in to your paranoid delusion would it? Ah the mystical "TPTB", seemingly behind everything. They must sit in a smoke filled room, discussing their evil plans, while laughing at true patriots like you trying to defend the Republic! Their plan for world domination is nearly complete, only a band of ATS hillbillies can stop them. DENY IGNORANCE!

Did they move you here from the ufo&alien board because your debunking was not up to par there?

I can't believe anyone can be that ignorant of world history. It defies belief! The american government has overthrown more governments and given weapons to rebels/terrorists than any other nation on this planet.

Russia has been the second biggest arms dealer. You know arms for oil and all that?

(but people cannot defend themselves from criminals).

WHO do you think the ptb are?? I am pretty sure they exist, BUT YOU HAVE TO CARE TO LEARN because if I give you answers you will throw them in my face and scorn me. Its all your imagination...I guess like 9-11 in usa or the british terror plot 7-7(did you forget that?) or the train bombings in spain. Yeah its all our #ing imagination ALQUEDA!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by Masterjaden

Yeah! whoa! Those home invading Deer must be a real problem in America yeah? Pesky at best! And as for those moose! You can't even walk the streets!

You do sound stupid..........

Please

Stop.

Don't know about you, but this sounds like a solid reason to me to own a gun.

Bobcat mauls man in Massachusetts

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I do feel safe that my future kids will be safe in schools as most Texas schools private and public are not gun free zones and usually employe some kind of armed officer and this where these mentally deranged people go to carry out these devestating acts on humanity. Yet I cannot say what my feelings would be in the future if a tragedy like what happened ever happened to my family members but I do believe that mental illness is a far greater problem than the guns themselves the gun is a tool just like any other tool used for murder.

But that tool allows somebody to end countless lives with un-rivaled efficiency and ease of use. A mentally ill person would do FAR less damage if equipped only with a knife or blunt instrument

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Do you feel your kids are safe at school? In the UK, that fear is non-existent. You love the 2nd Amendment because you haven't felt the devastating consequences of it yet.

I bet the chavs "tool-up" quite often with knives during football matches especially liverpool, manchester united, arsenal and the smaller teams. They get together after matches and show each other who is boss?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Sounds about right.

There is no greater threat to America than ATS members with guns, lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Mao’s China, Pol Pot’s Cambodia, etc, all contained disarmed populations. The guns were gone, and as a result millions upon millions died! Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!

Less than 500 per year die from assault rifles! We have a gang/drug problem in this country not a gun problem!

America is ripe for Fascism friend. Our highest offices go to the highest bidder!

The right of the people to keep and bear arms is critical to the security of a free state.

The Patriot Acts, the FISA domestic spy bill, the bailouts of corrupt international banks, attempts at CISPA and SOPA, actions like the NDAA authorizing the treatment of U.S. citizens as “enemy combatants” without rights to due process; all paint a picture so clear only a one-celled amoeba (or your average suburban yuppie) would not see it. You and I, and everyone else for that matter, have been designated potential targets of the state.

White House wins fight to keep assassinations of Americans secret
rt.com...

AMERICA IS CORRUPT TO THE CORE!

If the people of a state vote to enact Gun legislation then so be it, but why does the Federal Goverment need to be involved? It is a power grab! Currently they threaten us with a ban with no representation whatsoever! Executive orders etc..

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a #ing duck people!

This is not a debate it is a call to arms!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Did they move you here from the ufo&alien board because your debunking was not up to par there?

I can't believe anyone can be that ignorant of world history. It defies belief! The american government has overthrown more governments and given weapons to rebels/terrorists than any other nation on this planet.

Russia has been the second biggest arms dealer. You know arms for oil and all that?

(but people cannot defend themselves from criminals).

WHO do you think the ptb are?? I am pretty sure they exist, BUT YOU HAVE TO CARE TO LEARN because if I give you answers you will throw them in my face and scorn me. Its all your imagination...I guess like 9-11 in usa or the british terror plot 7-7(did you forget that?) or the train bombings in spain. Yeah its all our #ing imagination ALQUEDA!!!!

I fully understand the shady dealings the United States Government has carried out over the years, that was never in dispute. What I'm disputing is the theory that all gun-crime is organised by some secret branch of the Government which HATES LIBERTY AND WANTS TO TAKE YOUR FREEDOM!

For a site which claims to deny ignorance, it embraces it far too much.
edit on 10-1-2013 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join