It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars..Whats the real agenda?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just watching skygazing live on tv. All the experts keep getting excited about mars. On how man has sent various probes there including the current rover module. Every space agency in the world are working towards sending manned missions there. I realise that it may have sustained life many years ago etc.. But i just don't get it. Is there something they are not telling us? Its just a pile of rock. Why spend billions on getting there it just don't seem worthwhile. Or do they know something we don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

They know something we don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There is always a hidden agenda.. Remember the big announcement they had for dec 5th... that they found organic material.. I think they found more but were now allowed to release it but these are my personal thoughts.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
I realise that it may have sustained life many years ago etc..

You answered your own question there dude. That is why they are so interested.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They definitely know something that we dont, maybe they have found mountains of gold dust on mars, or advanced alien technology, or maybe they are trying to set up a colony there so that when the earth gets whacked by a giant meteor mankind won`t become extinct, whatever the reasons one thing is for certain, they know something we don`t.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yea but they wont be reviving the big red dead planet any time soon, so why bother. Seems a waste to me. No one would be able to live there now (well none of us)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Mars..Whats the real agenda?

Curiosity.

Observations and experiments as to the remnants of ancient life and rock and soil compositions.

To explore. To gain knowledge.

Well known fact that there is frozen water at the poles, what role did it play (with life, etc) before the planet went "dead".

edit on 1/8/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Andrew Basiago might have a few answers. He claims to have visited Mars as a child during the 1960-s and 70's in the US Time/Space Exploration Program, Project Pegasus. According to Basiago, Mars is already inhabited by...Martians. Purportedly, Barack Obama participated in Project Pegasus as well, and has also visited Mars. Andrew Basiago intends to run for the US presidency in 2016.

I don't know what to think since there do appear to be strange anomalies and hidden secrets on Mars.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

all planets in our solar system is moving away from the sun.the earth moves around 1.5cm a year..

So.. perhaps there was life on mars some billions years ago, they found traces of rivers and lakes, so maybe mars moved out of the life giving zone from the sun.. slowly but surely

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Do you not realise the implications of proving life has existed else where other than Earth. So far, we have no released proof that life exists else where, finding it would be the biggest day in our history yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Purportedly, Barack Obama participated in Project Pegasus as well, and has also visited Mars.

I think the world would have noticed if Obama mysteriously disappeared for a year or more.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Add to the reasons
Exploration for signs of future extractable minerals and resources
And develop the required technology for future applications
edit on 8-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 8-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
*Said in JFK voice*

I propose they want to send a man to Mars in the next decade not because it is easy and cheap but because it is hard and expensive!! since the landing will take place in a studio its a good way to funnel money into black ops programs that wouldnt get any funding if the public actually knew what the money was being spent on.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
*Said in JFK voice*

I propose they want to send a man to Mars in the next decade not because it is easy and cheap but because it is hard and expensive!! since the landing will take place in a studio its a good way to funnel money into black ops programs that wouldnt get any funding if the public actually knew what the money was being spent on.

I have been too and throw with the whole moon landing conspiracy and have since decided that we certainly did land there. Why I decided this could be the only logical answer is that it was in the middle of the Cold War, do you realise how big a PR coup it would have been for Russia to prove that the USA faked the moon landings, wheras instead Russia tracked them and verified their existance. Also I have seem high res images since of the moons surface that clearly show the landing sites.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The agenda is all about power and control.

Huge funding, secret black ops, military and corporation development, control of airspace and communications etc.

Pretty pictures and "scientists say" is just the decoration to cover it all up and keep people dipping in their pockets.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

edit on 8-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

If weve been there I dont believe weve seen the footage,
Too many inconsistencies with the pics.

But you bring up 2 valid points, where did you see the high def pics?
Got a link for us?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

If weve been there I dont believe weve seen the footage,
Too many inconsistencies with the pics.

But you bring up 2 valid points, where did you see the high def pics?
Got a link for us?

This is the first one in google I picked up on so might not be the best. But a recent pass of the moons surface by one of the satellites brought us new high res pictures. Of course you could just say they are faked but I guess you could say that about anything.

www.mnn.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurdygurdy
Andrew Basiago might have a few answers. He claims to have visited Mars as a child during the 1960-s and 70's in the US Time/Space Exploration Program, Project Pegasus. According to Basiago, Mars is already inhabited by...Martians. Purportedly, Barack Obama participated in Project Pegasus as well, and has also visited Mars. Andrew Basiago intends to run for the US presidency in 2016.

I don't know what to think since there do appear to be strange anomalies and hidden secrets on Mars.

Well he certainly sounds like he could be the most sanest president yet!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
All conspiracy theories aside, it's the next logical place to go with a manned mission.

I'd like to see us return to the moon, but we've already been there. So where would the next place be? Another planet of course, and the closest to us are Venus and Mars.

The environment on Mars is easier for us to deal with right now for a manned mission.
Venus on the other hand, would be a technical nightmare due to the crushing pressure and 900 deg F surface temps.

The other reason they get excited is that technology wise (again, all conspiracy theories aside) we have the tech to go to Mars right now.

That's the main reason people get excited about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join