It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Won The Debate Morgan Or Jones?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi mods, Please feel free to move if not in the appropriate forum, thanks

I have just finished watching the debate between Morgan and Alex. I am interested to know who you think won the debate. I think Alex went in very hot headed, CNN new he would do this and they tried to give him enough rope to hang himself. I think this approach backfired.

Alex was certainly hot headed but he managed to get fast and furious in. I think he could have done much better had he relaxed and took things a bit more calmly, but I suppose thats just not his way

I give Alex my full respect for his beliefs, its irrelevant if he is a loud mouth, he definately has the moral High ground, sometimes it takes a Very loud mouth to force people to listen. This for me was a win for Infowars, well done guys

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

It wasn't a debate, it was a monologue.
How can a man who doesn't listen to anyone but himself claim to know any kind of truth? Couldn't even answer one simple question.. absolute fail.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I don’t think anybody won. It wasn’t a debate. Piers finally came up against somebody who wasn’t going to be cut off or bullied like others. Alex didn’t do too well asking questions though. It was a poorly run interview and then at the end with 9/11 I think Piers asked him about that to make him look like a bit of an idiot in viewer’s eyes and to try to damage his credibility. Alex rambled too much and went off topic too often. I prefer he wrote a concise argumentative essay then do an interview like that.

However, I genuinely do not understand the stanch criticism Jones receives... Can someone please give me two or three good reasons behind the ill feeling? Facts to back up your claims would be nice too.
edit on 8-1-2013 by BlindBastards because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Alex Jones made a complete fool of himself and is an embarrassment to the people and truths he was representing

He was disrespectful, came unprepared, couldn't answer a simple question about gun deaths in Britain and when he realized he was completely wrong (after making 9/11 truthers look insane) he started doing an awful British accent.

Kids on the playground know better than to act like that

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It was not a real debate...it was a forum for Alex Jones to make a fool out of himself and by association the pro gun crowd. Most people are not that dumb to automatically associate passion for madness but psychologically tptb did make the point. AJ has a problem in that when confronted with a question that he does not know the answer to he escalates the rant as he evades the question (# of gun murders in Britain in 2012?).....also he has a tendency to get off script (challenging Piers Morgan to a boxing match...."I'll wear the colors (red, white and blue) of the good ole usa and you wear the colors of.....the union jack (same colors/colours alex)."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The winner is Morgoth King of the Troglodites.

Because he is the all creator.

Because he dose not exist.

Nor do those two.

Bet I get more stars than you do.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

Any future debate with Alex Jones would have to be seriously moderated or be conducted in writing.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Morgan won the "debate," simply because Alex Jones effectively committed suicide.

While Morgan was trying to have a civil conversation with Jones, Jones would run off on all sorts of tangents. In the end, Jones made a fool out of himself, and destroyed any credibility he once had. Furthermore, by acting the way he did, he completely made out all conspiracy theorists to be loons.

Morgan won.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by BlindBastards

Any future debate with Alex Jones would have to be seriously moderated or be conducted in writing.

Sure do it in writing next time, as long as you don't mind reading Alex Jones' 200 pages of run-on sentences, no spaces, in ALLCAPITALLETTERS!!!
edit on 8-1-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just because Alex is a loud mouth, which I hate by the way, doesnt make him my true enemy.

The enemy of my enemy is my freind. I know who my true enemy is, I hope others do also.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Just because Alex is a loud mouth, which I hate by the way, doesnt make him my true enemy.

The enemy of my enemy is my freind. I know who my true enemy is, I hope others do also.

If you agree with what Alex Jones is saying, then he is your enemy.

His erratic and nonsensical behavior makes us all look bad and gives people like Piers Morgan all the ammunition they'll ever need.

For the next month CNN will be associating his outbursts and rage with "Pro Gun." And there's no one to blame but Alex for acting like an idiot on national television

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Bet I get more stars than you do.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

Please tell me that was a joke. . If not, that has to be the worse coment i'v ever read on these boards.

On topic, I'm going to watch the 'debate' tonight after the gym. I'll come back and coment further, I just had to ask if that was sarcasm..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
For those like myself who didn't see the debate as we don't live in the States , watch CNN or just didn't know about it here it is for your consideration

Personally I'd prefer to see Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan in the ring .... I'd pay to see that

edit on 8-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Alex got something most of you guys dont, the balls to stand up and speak for what he believes in. Most of us, just sits in a chair and comment on what others do, because we dont have the guts to do it ourself.
So who won?? I dont give damn, i have my own beliefs...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by TheMindWar

If you agree with what Alex Jones is saying, then he is your enemy.

His erratic and nonsensical behavior makes us all look bad and gives people like Piers Morgan all the ammunition they'll ever need.

For the next month CNN will be associating his outbursts and rage with "Pro Gun." And there's no one to blame but Alex for acting like an idiot on national television

I am not saying that Alex didnt act like an idiot on national tv, but that really doesnt bother me. Just because Alex acted hot headed doesnt make others hot headed. Alex has a loyal following and his rant on tv isnt going to change that fact. Those of us who know the truth are not going to stop supporting his and others efforts for freedom just because of one mans anger.

We are heading for tyranny, and people seem to think we should all act lovey dovey because we are on national TV. Give me a break,

If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen I say.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

"I'll wear the colors (red, white and blue) of the good ole usa and you wear the colors of.....the union jack (same colors/colours alex)."

I'm still chuckling about that....No actually it's more like a cackle..... no scratch that, it's evolved into a MUAHAHAHA pantomine baddy laugh.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Definitely Piers Morgan (and i can't stand the man!).

As others have pointed out, Alex Jones avoided questions, ranted off topic and generally acted like a 5 year old in the playground who doesn't get his own way. Which is kind of ironic given that i have seen Piers Morgan do the same thing years ago when he got sacked by the Daily Mirror!

For me to admit that Piers won means Alex really messed up his big chance. Was he a patsy guest because it was figured that is how we would react? Very possible. In fact there are lots of questions that open up when you get Alex Jones onto MSM to represent a view point. However, those points aside, Piers won..........and the really bad thing is he doesn't even come across like he is trying too hard to win the debate (more that he having to act as "mother" in the situation).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It was not a 'debate'.

Throughout the whole thing I was caught between despair and disbelief. As some people on here might know, I'm not the biggest Alex Jones fan, but I'm definitely no Piers Morgan fan either. I was hoping to see Jones whoop Morgan on key issues, but no, AJ in my opinion made a fool of himself, came across like a lunatic foaming at the mouth, and discredited the ideology he supposedly represents. That said, I think he was too worked up when it came to this interview, and expected Morgan to be more vocal, but he played right into Morgan's reticent trap, and came out looking like a nutjob. You have to remember that although AJ got a lot of points into his ranting, it was irrelevant as he made the whole thing look like an American wrestling event, and viewers who may have never heard of him are from now on going to think he and his ilk are nothing more than maniacs, which is exactly what Morgan had planned.

I have to admit by the end, when AJ was putting on his fake British accent, I was laughing my head off.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Who wins when two brick walls argue?

All "debates" are useless. They only serve as choir preaching.

In this case preaching to a very, very, very small choir.

This whole thing can be reduced to:

AJ: This is mine and you cant have it.

PM: I dont want you to have it because I'm scared.

What the hell is so difficult about simply letting liberty be? Somebody tell PM and people like him to get over their irrational fear and then AJ and people like him can stop getting all pissed off all the time that people like PM are trying to take his stuff away.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

There was no debate. And he referred to the British flag as the Jolly Roger, not the Union Jack if I am not mistaken.

What a maroon...what a tah-rah-da-goon-dee-ay!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join