It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun finally showing sign of moving towards the solar max.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you look at the recent image of the sun:

You could see that there are 6 Sunspots, and also you can see some areas on the sun, for further development.

Right around sunspot 1644, and 1646 there could be further development of sunspots, maybe these sunspots can increase in size or some other sunspot can emerge.

Stay tuned, please update if any info.

Take care

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Is this any more than usual?

I am not an expert on this topic so any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
To my layman's eye that doesn't seem too unusual. Can anyone with greater experience weigh in on this?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
6 is nothing special. Considering we are reaching solar Max, sun activity is pretty low.

The entire solar cycle is like a damp firework which in itself is very interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Asgard
6 is nothing special. Considering we are reaching solar Max, sun activity is pretty low.

The entire solar cycle is like a damp firework which in itself is very interesting.

Go check now and youll be suprised, sun is going finally into its max stage, be prepared for xclass and m class flares could be powerful ones alot of sunspots will face Earth in 2- 3 days stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The sun does finally seem like it has come to life in the last few days.There is now over a dozen sunspots on the solar disk so the chances of any significant flares could increase throughout the week.Although at this point most of the sunspots are still relatively small(but that can change over a short period of time).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Meh this is something that happens every dozen years and ain't nothing special about it. I am just waiting for some idiot to put an apocalyptic spin on it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So am i right in thinking these flares could cause electrical interference on earth? Even though probably minimal. Great picture of the sun that thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

Go check now and youll be suprised, sun is going finally into its max stage, be prepared for xclass and m class flares could be powerful ones alot of sunspots will face Earth in 2- 3 days stay tuned.

But its nothing compared to the previous cycles. Have a look at some days in the last solar Max. The difference is pretty significant.
edit on 6/1/13 by The Asgard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

But its nothing compared to the previous cycles. Have a look at some days in the last solar Max. The difference is pretty significant.
edit on 6/1/13 by The Asgard because: (no reason given)

Just checked the solar activity again, and man a lot of sunspots are booming. 14 sunspots now, instead of 6, does it sound special now?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There are currently 14 active regions. All of them except one have either Alpha or Beta magnetic configurations. These configurations are not conducive to strong activity.

Region 1640 has a Beta-Gamma-Delta configuration which can indicate strong activity but it is no longer in a location from which a CME would be geoeffective.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well at least it has continued to be active as expected rather than the few days people were freaking because of the inactivity. Phage I hope you are right on this one.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Although there may be many non of them harbour that magnetics to produce a large eruption right now most are stable or in some sort of decay now if we see any start growing and looking for beta-gamma polarity then yes maybe we could see an up tick in activity but for the moment all info I can find says we should just keep watching but not worrying too much....

Solen.info

SDO Link

The HMI magnetogram on the SDO site will give you a good idea of the magnetic mixing within the spots and with some reading from google you can find info on what the blue and red subsist of and how when large and mixed polaritys the effects and potential of activity it can produce.

Hope this helps, but for now when checking all sites with info yes there are many but they all seem to be sleeping. Time will tell but for now I think we got a bunch of duds

Edit: Using The SDO site you can see that 1651 & 1652 grouping coming over the edge is something though I would keep my eye on

SaneThinking
edit on 6-1-2013 by SaneThinking because: Posted info too quick

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Solar activity runs on an 11 year cycle. We are already scheduled to reach this solar maximum (mid way through the solar cycle) during the summer/fall months of 2013. Typical activity in a solar maximum includes increased aurora borealis viewing, occasional satellite interruption (affecting tv, phones, gps, etc).

Other than the thread I saw possibly showing a link between solar activity & major natural disasters here on earth (no proof, but a whole lot of coincidental occurrences). Solar maximum is really a "nothingburger" at least in my opinion

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There is another active thread going on right now discussing some massive sunspots emerging.

Thought you might be interested!

Link to thread

top topics

join