It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy Has Been 'Scientifically Proven' to be Real... Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Again and again the 'mind-guards' of the dominant paradigm prevent people from realizing that our potential is truly unlimited.

Extrasensory Perception and Quantum Models of Cognition

Abstract

The possibility that information can be acquired at a distance without the use of the ordinary senses, that is by “extrasensory perception” (ESP), is not easily accommodated by conventional neuroscientific assumptions or by traditional theories underlying our understanding of perception and cognition. The lack of theoretical support has marginalized the study of ESP, but experiments investigating these phenomena have been conducted since the mid‐19th century, and the empirical database has been slowly accumulating. Today, using modern experimental methods and meta‐analytical techniques, a persuasive case can be made that, neuroscience assumptions notwithstanding, ESP does exist.

We justify this conclusion through discussion of one class of homogeneous experiments reported in 108 publications and conducted from 1974 through 2008 by laboratories around the world. Subsets of these data have been subjected to six meta‐analyses, and each shows significantly positive effects. The overall results now provide unambiguous evidence for an independently repeatable ESP effect. This indicates that traditional cognitive and neuroscience models, which are largely based on classical physical concepts, are incomplete. We speculate that more comprehensive models will require new principles based on a more comprehensive physics. The current candidate is quantum mechanics.

Don't listen to the debunkers. They don't know squat. They are just regurgitating dogma.

Telepathy means that materialism is false. The implications of that are profound. That's why TPTB don't want people to know the truth. A populace that has reached its psychic potential can't be lied to. Can't be fleeced. Debunkers are defenders of a paradigm that enables the populace to be controlled by lies.

edit on 3-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm gonna send this post to the cornfield.

Just kidding. Ok, I don't see why not. Anythings possible. The mind is still a great mystery.

The End

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I so want this to be true.

But I have been disappointed so many times in the past.

If humans can do telepathy, then why is it SO DIFFICULT for the average person?

I would LOVE to have the ability to use telepathy on a reliable basis, every day.
But will that ever be possible, ...for an average person like myself?

One has to ask these questions.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Telepathy as far as fantasy writers are involved, is not real. There are many ways to know what people are thinking.

If youve ever watched tv shows with characters like dr house or sherlock holmes, that is as far as precognition goes. Its all advanced logic which leads to predictive models that replicate reality.

It really is that easy.

But let me say that if you chasing your tail looking for magic keeps you alive long enough for me to create a world you should have hope in... have fun.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This reminds me of this ATS post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a typical test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistantly failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long. "

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

I so want this to be true.

But I have been disappointed so many times in the past.

If humans can do telepathy, then why is it SO DIFFICULT for the average person?

I would LOVE to have the ability to use telepathy on a reliable basis, every day.
But will that ever be possible, ...for an average person like myself?

One has to ask these questions.

Understood.

Psi can be inhibited by psychological, physiological, and environmental variables.

Psi is not controlled by the conscious mind. Its unconscious. That's why I find the presentiment line of experimentation so exciting. It measures a psychic response in the nervous system. The conscious mind of the subject is left out of the equation.

I would love to use psi everyday too. But no ones psi is an island. Everyone is psychic and so our minds are entangled deep down. Like a web. That means that even if you could use telepathy on a reliable basis (which you might do without knowing) other people could drown it out without even intending to, without trying.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Fascinating. I find there's not enough data to actually conclude anything yet though... A lot more work to be done.

I assume you've heard of Michael Persinger? Worth checking out.

In any case, I don't see how all this violates materialism. When something is proven through scientific means, it is automatically defined as materialistic.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryom
Fascinating. I find there's not enough data to actually conclude anything yet though... A lot more work to be done.

It will take a lot of work to undo the false debunking that's been allowed to happen over the years... debunkers need to be stopped.

I assume you've heard of Michael Persinger? Worth checking out.

Yes indeed!

archived.parapsych.org...

In any case, I don't see how all this violates materialism. When something is proven through scientific means, it is automatically defined as materialistic.

There is another monist ontology that becomes much more reasonable than materialism given the reality of non-local awareness.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't think these kind of studies will ever get a place in factual science. Psychology hasn't long been classed as a science, and even within psychology, paranormal studies are kept on the sidelines. Although biological facts do cross over, they are still kept distinct for data obtained by qualitative studies, and paranormal studies will always have too many variables to produce acceptable data. at least for now anywyay

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
We don't know enough to say for sure if it's real. I think most of these studies are a bit screwy in one way or another. Plenty seem to prove the opposite, that ESP is bunk. So you take 70 studies which show it's bunk, and throw them out. You focus on the thirty which have anomalies, and choose the few which are strongest in funky data.

You talk about those. What picture do you draw up?

OMG, we're pyschic... psychic I tell you!!

Having said all of that, I have known things which seem to be way too far out there for me to rationally explain.

That I can't explain it doesn't mean it's ESP.

It could totally just be intuition.

I just don't know with absolute certainty.

So I leave it open to possibility.

Maybe so, maybe not

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Telepathy is not some far fetched idea as stated by our resident microcosm worshipers..

The brain is always transmitting energy at the low Hz scale and also very low powered, but it is there.. Who can tune in? not very many actually, but I have experienced it before, so I know it's possible, It lasted for several days and then faded away, which is a long story I won't go into here..

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Telepathy is part of the human software. But researchers have it mostly wrong. You are asked to identify particular details which mean nothing to your soul like Zener cards. The score will drop after a while because Zener cards are deadly boring.
That's not what the astral is good about, with the exception of Remote Viewing protocols that you can certainly try to get a methodical approach of a pre-posted target only known by numbers.

It is far more interesting to zoom in on another person and try to get their thoughts and feelings in general. And some non-verbal emotional stuff that is basic to their mode of existence... And you can do this with your friends, your child, your grandma, the shopkeeper etc.

By whatever regime, develop it end exercise it because then you will get a far more interesting next life instead of getting to Plastic Heaven - the corporate version of the afterworld...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by QMask

At one point calculus was impossible as it had not been invented yet, the idea that it existed was not even there yet. Now once we started figuring it out, it was easy to teach others. Today almost every person has the ability to do calculus, whether they learn how to do it is up to them.

So just because your attempting, or most people can't use this ability at this point doesn't mean it has less chance of being true.

No matter how old you are the first time you ride a bike, it's always wobbly and chance are you don't know how to do it. Now, with a little practice you get better.

Same kind of idea.

Pred...

I hope that makes sense...

edit on 3-1-2013 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I sensed something like this would happen...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'll say that I believe this communication is possible. I've read a lot of articles on this and have experienced many times throughout my life that make me believe in this communication.

It would be in the best interest of the people controlling this to suppress this communication and even initiate alchemic practices to suppress our abilities to use it. The fact that short hair has become a desired trade in society and is required for most jobs makes me think that hair acts as an antenna. I also think genital hair is necessary for proper functioning of the reproductive system.

We have been led astray. Look at Einsteins hair, were all his ideas his own? Was all his knowledge his own or could he tap into the minds of others of his kind. A crown or woven cap of a superconductor would work well also. Gold teeth could also make others listen to what you say.

We have been conditioned from young to only use the five senses for many generations and the sixth sense has been ridiculed. Why is it ridiculed instead of investigated thoroughly? Science is very aware that this communication is out there. Combined consciousness is a reality.
edit on 3-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
Telepathy is part of the human software. But researchers have it mostly wrong. You are asked to identify particular details which mean nothing to your soul like Zener cards. The score will drop after a while because Zener cards are deadly boring.
Too bad nobody has figured out how to use it in gambling, like poker. You could make lots of money if you knew your opponents hands, which doesn't sound boring.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Don't listen to the debunkers. They don't know squat. They are just regurgitating dogma.

You look so pretty with your fingers in your ears.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Too bad nobody has figured out how to use it in gambling, like poker. You could make lots of money if you knew your opponents hands, which doesn't sound boring.

Well, psi is much easier between people who know each other well and have affection toward each other. That would probably rule out most of my poker buddies. :p

edit on 4-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

That's not what the astral is good about, with the exception of Remote Viewing protocols that you can certainly try to get a methodical approach of a pre-posted target only known by numbers.

It is far more interesting to zoom in on another person and try to get their thoughts and feelings in general. And some non-verbal emotional stuff that is basic to their mode of existence... And you can do this with your friends, your child, your grandma, the shopkeeper etc.

By whatever regime, develop it end exercise it because then you will get a far more interesting next life instead of getting to Plastic Heaven - the corporate version of the afterworld...

I think you might find the presentiment line of experimentation to be very interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

You look so pretty with your fingers in your ears.

So I'm supposed to listen as you regurgitate the same old scientism dogma that I've already heard again and again and again? How many times do I have to hear the same tired phrases? No sorry but you "skeptics", you debunkers, you myopic tools of tyranny had your chance. You guys blew it. Time for people to move on before the "skepticism" of fools screws us all.

An Assessment of the Evidence for Psychic Functioning

Abstract

Research on psychic functioning, conducted over a two decade period, is examined to determine whether or not the phenomenon has been scientifically established. A secondary question is whether or not it is useful for government purposes. The primary work examined in this report was government sponsored research conducted at Stanford Research Institute, later known as SRI International, and at Science Applications International Corporation, known as SAIC.

Using the standards applied to any other area of science, it is concluded that psychic functioning has been well established. The statistical results of the studies examined are far beyond what is expected by chance. Arguments that these results could be due to methodological flaws in the experiments are soundly refuted. Effects of similar magnitude to those found in government sponsored research at SRI and SAIC have been replicated at a number of laboratories across the world. Such consistency cannot be readily explained by claims of flaws or fraud. The magnitude of psychic functioning exhibited appears to be in the range between what social scientists call a small and medium effect.

That means that it is reliable enough to be replicated in properly conducted experiments, with sufficient trials to achieve the long-run statistical results needed for replicability. A number of other patterns have been found, suggestive of how to conduct more productive experiments and applied psychic functioning. For instance, it doesn't appear that a sender is needed. Precognition, in which the answer is known to no one until a future time, appears to work quite well. Recent experiments suggest that if there is a psychic sense then it works much like our other five senses, by detecting change. Given that physicists are currently grappling with an understanding of time, it may be that a psychic sense exists that scans the future for major change, much as our eeyes scan the environment for visual change or our ears allow us to respond to sudden changes in sound.

It is recommended that future experiments focus on understanding how this phenomenon works, and on how to make it as useful as possible. There is little benefit to continuing experiments designed to offer proof, since there is little more to be offered to anyone who does not accept the current collection of data.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join