It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights/Heaven's Gate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hello ATS..

So by now I would think many people have heard of both of these incidences separately.. but I have not seen any mention of their coinciding time frames..

When I lived in San Diego at the time there was no mention of the Phoenix Lights, only newscasts of the group Heavens Gate. I did not here about the UFO event until xmas & talking with family from Phoenix who witnessed it first hand.

The Phoenix Lights (sometimes called the "Lights over Phoenix") were a series of widely sighted unidentified flying objects observed in the skies over Arizona and Nevada in the United States, and Sonora, Mexico on March 13, 1997.
source

On March 19–20, 1997, Marshall Applewhite taped himself speaking of mass suicide and asserted "it was the only way to evacuate this Earth"
source

so here it is. Heavens Gate
believed a ship was cloaked behind Hale-Bopp
and when they "released" their souls they would be picked up & whisked away..
Marshall Applewhite
started filming on the 19th.. the police found the cult members dead on the 25th..

the Phoenix Lights
where seen on the 13th of March, 1997 by thousands of people from all walks of life..

so my questions are..

has there been an active attempt to keep these two timelines muddled from the public?

when traveling through interstellar space trailing a comet entering a solar system.. would a week or so, merely a few revolutions of a planet the locals refer to as a day, even matter?

or..

did Heavens gate have almost the right time but the wrong rendezvous point and miss the bus?

I guess if these two events were years apart I would not have given it a second thought.. but since we do not know exactly when they kicked off their ritual.. 10 to 14 days does not seen far off at all..

Ottheinrich Folio289r Rev6B

what do you think ATS?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not really, "Do" repeatedly stated that the craft was specifically behind the Hale-Bop comet and as a side note the phoenix lights happen every few years.
www.spike.com...
edit on 3-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg
Not really, "Do" repeatedly stated that the craft was specifically behind the Hale-Bop comet and as a side note the phoenix lights happen every few years.
www.spike.com...

That 2007 event is absolutely NOTHING like the 1997 event. Those news reporters are missing a lot of information. Read this other thread for more information.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

www.spike.com...

That 2007 event is absolutely NOTHING like the 1997 event. Those news reporters are missing a lot of information. Read this other thread for more information.

Then just go bump your own thread. Talking about Havens Gate and the connection to the Phoenix Phlares, not really looking to get into a pissing match about what the phoenix lights were.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

i don't remember hearing thousands of witness's

describing a UFO all across Arizona..

and that ship wouldn't head down to earth to retrieve

their spirits? just wait for them to float up to the comet?

regardless..

the time frame is really close..
edit on 3-1-2013 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Marshall Applewhite was a repressed pedophile with homosexual tendencies who had himself and many of his followers castrated down in Mexico. He was a sociopath who hated himself for being gay. He did not fit into normal society and his religious theories evolved into a UFO cult. The idiots who followed him deserve what they got not seeing what Applewhite was. There was no UFO behind the comet. There were ice crystals and broken off debris, which would have made it idiotic and pointless to fly behind it. I'm glad ol' pervert Marshall is dead.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You just posted a picture of known flares near Phoenix. That doesn't much bolster your theory, just saying.

And no, they really had nothing to do with one another at all, as far as I can tell.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If you learn his personal story and still take that Heaven's Gate clown seriously....you are probably a great candidate for a UFO cult....

Applewhite moved to New York in an unsuccessful attempt to launch a professional singing career upon finishing his education in Colorado.[1] He then taught at the University of Alabama.[10] He lost his position there after pursuing a sexual relationship with a male student;[11] his church did not support same-sex relationships and he was subsequently frustrated by his sexual desires.[12] He separated from his wife when she learned of the affair in 1965, and they divorced three years later.[13]

After leaving the University of Alabama, Applewhite moved to Houston, Texas, in 1965 to teach at the University of St. Thomas.[14] His students regarded him as an engaging speaker and a stylish dresser.[15] He served as chair of the music department; he also became a locally popular singer, serving as the choral director of an Episcopal church and performing with the Houston Grand Opera.[16] In Texas, he was briefly openly gay but also pursued a relationship with a young woman, who left him under pressure from her family, greatly upsetting him.[17] He resigned from the University of St. Thomas in 1970, citing depression and other emotional problems.[18] Robert Balch and David Taylor, sociologists who studied Applewhite's group, speculate that this departure was prompted by another affair between Applewhite and a student.[19] The president of the university later recalled that he was often mentally jumbled and disorganized near the end of his employment.[20]

In 1971, Applewhite briefly moved to New Mexico, where he operated a delicatessen. He was popular with customers but decided to return to Texas later that year.[21] His father died around that time; the loss took a significant emotional toll on him, causing severe depression.[22] His debts mounted, forcing him to borrow money from friends.[23]

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

"known flares"

since when does the military fly over a major city & drop flares?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by fleabit

"known flares"

since when does the military fly over a major city & drop flares?

They were not over the city, the dropped them some ways out but they are visible at a great distance because flares are bright and night is dark. But since when do they do this?
www.spike.com...
Where would you like to place the goal posts next sir?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

ya no.

hundreds of witness's could easily determine that they were looking at flares falling down.. how stupid do you think people are?

or were they new high tech anti-gravity flares?

do you even know here Camel Back mountain is?

several used this well known landmark as a directional guide to describe the path they each saw over the city..

and that is not out of the city.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hello ATS..

So by now I would think many people have heard of both of these incidences separately..

That night people in Phoenix went out to see the comet Hale–Bopp, instead they saw this huge unidentified flying object.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

Do you have something a little better than a link to a two hour documentary? A shorter video or a pic?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
The idiots who followed him deserve what they got not seeing what Applewhite was.

Seriously?
It's ok to trick people into suicide if you can?
They deserved to die just for being gullible?

edit on 1-2-2013 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I doubt an actual ufo( of alien origin) would want nething to do with a suicidal cult such as heavens gate. Probably just coincidence. Or maybe the news of the lights probably led them to believe that the comet would be their way to "Escape earth" even more, due to sighting on such a scale.

O well no one really cared that the group took their own life, cept for who is related to the other members. Too bad that scientologist guy "L Ron Hubbard" and didn't do the same thing.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38

Hello ATS..

So by now I would think many people have heard of both of these incidences separately..

That night people in Phoenix went out to see the comet Hale–Bopp, instead they saw this huge unidentified flying object.

www.youtube.com...

Do you have something a little better than a link to a two hour documentary? A shorter video or a pic?

8 minutes out in the video

0.08.00 "numeros eyewitnesses were already outside looking up at the night sky to catch a glimpse of the Hale–Bopp comet. Everybody was excited about the comet, but in the middle of that, these very mysterious light appeared over phoenix"

Governor of Arizona en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

well I think that applewhite had some mental probelms but perhaps that the pheonex craft was some sort of thing that could have been used as proof of his claims to help motivate the other people to join him in the suicide

new topics

top topics

join