It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Citizens: Flee Isfahan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

(Possible Nuclear Disaster)Iran to Citizens: Flee Isfahan

freebeacon.com

ranian officials have instructed residents of Isfahan to leave the city, renewing concerns that a nearby nuclear site could be leaking radioactive material.

An edict issued Wednesday by Iranian authorities orders Isfahan’s one-and-a-half million people to leave the city “because pollution has now reached emergency levels,” the BBC reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed Jan 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: BAN title must reflect source title exactly

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well this is a bit scary........

Having to evacuate over a million people is a horrifying prospect....

Especially when we dont know just how bad the leakage is.....

What possible impact could this have on Irans nuclear program on the world stage?

What long term effects will this have on the people of the area, and the environment......

IMHO accidents can happen, but this is jut one more reason that Iran shouldnt be messing with this stuff.....they do not have the safe guards that many other nuclear countries have to make sure incidents like this dont happen......

At least however, they had the where withall to issue an evacuation order......

freebeacon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Counting down to the first reply that mentions Israel, I pray the people are safe.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Why don't other countries help Iran achieve their nuclear goals so things like this don't happen. Ahh that's right we are hypocrites when it comes to everything in this world. We continue to build bombs capable of destroying everything on earth and then demand others from building something we built 50 years ago.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

you may want to take a look at this link before casting doubts on others safety record
list

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
isreal strikes again !

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now thats troublesome. My husbands ex is from Tehran but now her family is in Isfahan. Regardless of others issues with ex's, I really like her and her family.. theyre like extended family in my mind. I hadnt heard from then since before Christmas... hmmm.. I think a call is in order. TY for posting this

Just because of some of the moronic posts here at times... I want to add that in Iran.. including Tehran and Isfahan.. there are all sorts. Not all are gun toting terrorists. There are Christians, atheists, muslims, etc etc.... theyre JUST FOLKS.. like you and I.. working and taking care of their families and just wanting to live a decent life. The prospect of a nuke disaster in this area is horrible to sane people.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The worlds nuclear accidents are all adding to earths doom, already food and drinking water is far too high in rads, and this can only add not decrease it, we should not have allowed Iran to get this far, but having a Muslim President in USA the last few year was allowing them to do what they want.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

you may want to take a look at this link before casting doubts on others safety record
list

im not saying that others safety record are immaculate by any means......im well aware of things that have happened in the past........

My point is, that now days, most other nuclear countries have vastly better safety measures in place......

my concern now is more with the people of this area.........

this is a very very scary situation.........and the healh of these people could be in dire straits

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Now thats troublesome. My husbands ex is from Tehran but now her family is in Isfahan. Regardless of others issues with ex's, I really like her and her family.. theyre like extended family in my mind. I hadnt heard from then since before Christmas... hmmm.. I think a call is in order. TY for posting this

Just because of some of the moronic posts here at times... I want to add that in Iran.. including Tehran and Isfahan.. there are all sorts. Not all are gun toting terrorists. There are Christians, atheists, muslims, etc etc.... theyre JUST FOLKS.. like you and I.. working and taking care of their families and just wanting to live a decent life. The prospect of a nuke disaster in this area is horrible to sane people.

totally agree........the people of Iran are just as diverse as we are........and the majority of the people themselves are just trying to live a good life......

I really really worry about the people of that particular area.........prayers are with them

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
you may want to look at this link before casting doubt on the possibility that ISREAL did it ...
the webpage
full pdf.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I suspect exaggeration is at work by your source here.

The BBC have only reported that traffic pollution is the issue. There is a problem with the air quality because of a strange phenomenon of weather where the pollution gets pushed down to the ground and escalates.

Let me clarify that there is no BBC report linking it to radiation. Your source is saying that, using there own unofficial sources of possible recent problems with the nuclear plant.

I am certainly not ruling out that what the BBC is reporting might be a cover story and obviously some people will suspect Israel of sabotaging the facility.

I think that we need to know that there is nothing coming from any official news sources of there being any kind of nuclear emergency. They only stated severe traffic pollution as being the cause.
edit on 2-1-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

Hey, Op! Atleast have the decency to reply to what I said. I am challenging your source. I am saying they are making stuff up. Why are you ignoring me? Is it because I disagree with the accuracy, reliability and reality of what you and your source are saying? I am telling you as fact that the BBC have said nothing about a nuclear emergency. Your source is saying that. They are not a reliable source as it stands. I suspect sacare mongering here with no evidence other than this rather obscure source!

Or are you ingnoring me because I am from the UK?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Revolution9 because: need a response!

link   
I hope everyone is alright there, it's a shame things like this happen.

link   
I wouldn't go dumping on Iran's safety record personally. Most nations don't have several working night and day to actively crash their Nuclear facilities from the inside. I think Iran may be forgiven a few mishaps when OTHERS are trying to create them.

God help those people and I hope they all get clear .... I hope this order was issued as a cautionary one well in advance. That's over a million innocent people if not. Chernobyl was eerily similar for the trickle of information that came out at first. Anyone else recall that?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Worth mentioning...

Esfahan Nuclear Technology Centre
Updated Jan 13, 2012
Suspected to be the primary location of Iran's nuclear weapons programme, the Nuclear Technology Centre employs thousands of scientists. The facility operates four small reactors, all supplied by China. In addition to the uranium conversion plant, the city is also reportedly the site of Iran's largest missile assembly and production plant, built with North Korean assistance.

Link To Google Map

Scroll over the nuclear icon above Isfahan to read the description.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No matter who's responsible I'll bet it wouldn't be so bad if Iran wasn't rushing their nuclear program the way they are .
If it is just a worrisome leak the people should be fine since it seems that the government is up front about it .

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

All activities of Iran's Isfahan uranium conversion facility (UCF) are under control of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

english.farsnews.com...

The IAEA is the world's center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up in 1957 as the world's "Atoms for Peace" organization within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies.

"Atoms for peace"

So they should be fine right?

But if the IAEA controls Iran's nuclear program, shouldn't we not have to worry about Iran doing anything shady?
edit on 2-1-2013 by ZeroReady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
The worlds nuclear accidents are all adding to earths doom, already food and drinking water is far too high in rads, and this can only add not decrease it, we should not have allowed Iran to get this far, but having a Muslim President in USA the last few year was allowing them to do what they want.

Sorry do you have any evidence that Obama is a muslim? Saying you're a muslim is not the same thing as being a muslim. I haven't seen Obama do anything a muslim does, How can you make such a false claim?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Counting down to the first reply that mentions Israel, I pray the people are safe.

Never mind Israel. This sounds like fake news; war propaganda.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Well here is an interview in which he said he was Muslim. You might call it a gaffe but i dunno. That is one big gaffe.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join