It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with a bet: Injections of anabolic steroids will NOT increase muscle if you do not exercis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

This is absolutely correct. Posted it at the exact same time I posted.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It is not a technicality, the guy set the parameters, he said you can sit on the sofa eating crisps all day and gain muscle... They didn't do that in the study... And like I said there are hundreds of little exercises we do every day, especially if you have a physical job... How do we know the people in the study were not builders or performing some other physical task? Window cleaners or anything like that... Life is a work out...

So I wouldn't pay a bean!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I think you are right, but I can't recall where I read the info b4. Maybe a lifting magazine.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
[more

Bloody amazing. Think you may have lost the bet.

Unlucky mate

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Right again. And these participants were at one time or another, experienced in weight lifting it says.

The participants were healthy men, 18–35 yr of age, with prior weight-lifting experience and normal testosterone levels.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chenbo
reply to post by FlySolo
[more

Bloody amazing. Think you may have lost the bet.

Unlucky mate

No kidding, who would have thought. But as the other poster mentioned, he set the parameters saying you can sit and eat chips all day. There is a grey area here now. While he is right...he fubared himself a bit saying what he said

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There are dozens of different kinds of hormonal enhancers aka steroids. Some yield more dramatic results than others. Compare trenbolone and proviron to each other and you will see the distinction.

I think you both won the bet and you both lost the bet.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

He certainly did. If i was in your shoes, after reading the other posts as one member stated,,

I wouldn't pay him a bean.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Chenbo
reply to post by FlySolo

All i can say is well i'll be fooked. Not sure of the reliability of the source but check this out. If true I stand corrected and have learnt something new today

www.aworkoutroutine.com...

Oyvey I'm fooked too.

Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.

I remember him telling me 8 lbs of muscle that night but close enough.

Well also that study used test e. which is the most popular steroid but a relatively "middle of the pack" one in terms of strength and hypertrophy effects. On something much stronger like anadrol or halotestin that number could be jumped to something like 12-15 pounds

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chenbo

Maybe $12.50

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by FlySolo

It is not a technicality, the guy set the parameters, he said you can sit on the sofa eating crisps all day and gain muscle... They didn't do that in the study... And like I said there are hundreds of little exercises we do every day, especially if you have a physical job... How do we know the people in the study were not builders or performing some other physical task? Window cleaners or anything like that... Life is a work out...

So I wouldn't pay a bean!

And i already proved that under those parameters you would still gain muscle.
If you dont pay the guy youre very shady and i wouldnt consider YOU friend worthy, he won the bet, its over.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

no, its 100% relevant. The daily tasks people do do not qualify as exercise, we are fully able to do them and they don impact us that much.

I disagree, walking is considered very good exercise... There are many things we do and the more you do then yes the more of a workout you will have! How do you think people get fit and healthy and strong WITHOUT every going to a gym or doing any formal exercise...

A guy sitting on a sofa is moving his arms to eat chips, or his hands to change the tv, he walks to go to the kitchen or bathroom. and either way, he would still gain muscle mass

I agree that he would be doing something, you are right but it would be next to nothing! How much energy would you use going to the toilet versus doing a full days work? I mean it is a huge void in difference...

it appears your knowledge of hormones is very underdeveloped. Hormones will bind no matter what, if you are given an anabolic steroid (anabolism: Anabolism (from Greek ana, "upward", and ballein, "to throw") is the set of metabolic pathways that construct molecules from smaller units) you will gain muscle mass, because an anabolic steroid always stimulates anabolism, regardless of activity.

You may well be right but if you are sitting there on the sofa all day only eating crisps and going to the toilet you will get FAT and very unhealthy, not gain muscles lol...

How do you think babys grow when they cant even walk or move for up to a year and a half of their life? Its because hormones such as HGH, IGF-1, Testosterone and other growth factor hormones are doing their job, which is anabolism.

This part however is rather ridiculous! Babies move even inside the womb! lol... They kick and push against the sack, they are WORKING OUT, they are pushing against a resistance... Then when they are born they gradually get stronger and stronger the more they EXERCISE! My 13 month old is walking and even running like a mad man! To make out he is a blob that can't even move let alone walk is too funny... But yeah I have 3 kids and I have seen how they develop and get stronger and it is through exercise...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No you're right. I'm all about integrity and will pay so no worries there mate. Just I don't want to get caught in a loop hole. You understand?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you haven't proven anything and your thoughts on babies makes me question everything else you have said... What proof are you talking about exactly?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wiki.dandascalescu.com...

ABove link quotes medical study showing that testosterone builds muscle without activity. Steroids increase your level of testosterone. You will build more working out, but the body uses calories, ANY kind of calories in different ways when you change your body chemistry.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSFC123
wiki.dandascalescu.com...

ABove link quotes medical study showing that testosterone builds muscle without activity. Steroids increase your level of testosterone. You will build more working out, but the body uses calories, ANY kind of calories in different ways when you change your body chemistry.

Well that settles it. Potato chips or not, it's a minor technicality compared to all the other studies I'm seeing here and from the help of you folks.

Thanks ATS. I'm paying the man.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Eating chips works the arm feeding the mouth so those muscles will get a workout and develop. You lost the bet technically. You could actually lay in bed and not move at all and develop muscle mass using a Tens unit that is commonly used to relieve back pain without using steroids.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

I'm sorry but you haven't proven anything and your thoughts on babies makes me question everything else you have said... What proof are you talking about exactly?

your understanding of what exercise is is ridiculous. babies do not exercise. crawling 10 meters does not count as exercise, it takes maybe 100 joules of energy. If walking around for an hour stimulated muscle growth then why is 66 percent of america overweight and not muscular and fit? anyways im done responding to you because you are a pseudoscientist with a kindergarten level of understanding into biology and hormonal interactions and pathways.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
haha so I send a text "come get your money" and he replies "that's right!" and now he wants me to tell him he's the best...say it!

Oh brother. I'll slip the money under his door and tell him to go pound sand. I was right about the big mouth at least.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Depending on the AAS, most increase muscle size is due to water retention, especially with Anadrol. You can put on 15 pounds while on testosterone without working out and your muscles will in fact swell up but like I stated, it's mainly water.
edit on 1-1-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join